Reading on a missing girl (2)

Barleywine

This reading was split from this thread: reading on missing girl

This is an extension of the original question using a different deck and spread; if it needs to be split into its own thread, that's OK with me.

I went ahead and ran my missing-person spread on this after reading the news article on the disappearance, using the Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery. The spread requires pre-selecting a significator (I chose the Page/Princess/Lady of Pentacles), dealing all 78 cards into a line of 13 piles, finding the significator and the two cards on either side of it in one of the named locations, and making a story of them. The remaining four cards in the pile can be restored to the original sequence, making a six-card line to add more detail.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=269598

The Lady came up in the eighth pile of my "train" motif, titled the Mail Car, with a sub-title of the "Dead Letter Office" (aka "deceased"). She had the Knight of Pentacles to her left, suggesting that she met an apparently compatible young man slightly older than herself. The card to her right was the Devil, showing that he turned out to be very different from her initial impression. She came up reversed, making me think she is being held (or was placed) someplace out-of-sight (the unfortunate implication with the reversal and the Earth emphasis is "underground"). All three are Earth cards, so the elemental dignities lend some credibility to the scenario.

The full series was 7 of Pentacles reversed; Knight of Pentacles facing away from the Lady and toward the Seven; Lady of Pentacles reversed, confronting the Devil; the Devil, nodding toward the Lady; the 8 of Swords; and the 7 of Cups reversed.

The Golden Dawn title of the 7 of Pentacles is the Lord of Success Unfulfilled, and the fact that it came up reversed with the Knight of Pentacles looking at it in an apparently sullen mood suggests he may not have gotten something he wanted.

The Devil following the Lady suggests a bondage situation, and the 8 of Swords next in line looks like constraint to me. The 7 of Cups reversed at the end could mean that the trail has been thoroughly obscured and may never come to light unless she is found. I could also see human trafficking as mentioned in the original post, especially if the Knight of Pentacles was paid surreptitiously (7 of Pentacles rx) to "deliver" someone to the Devil. Overall, this is a somber outlook.

Eva4

This is an extension of the original question using a different deck and spread; if it needs to be split into its own thread, that's OK with me.

I went ahead and ran my missing-person spread on this after reading the news article on the disappearance, using the Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery. The spread requires pre-selecting a significator (I chose the Page/Princess/Lady of Pentacles), dealing all 78 cards into a line of 13 piles, finding the significator and the two cards on either side of it in one of the named locations, and making a story of them. The remaining four cards in the pile can be restored to the original sequence, making a six-card line to add more detail.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=269598

Barleywine, thank you so much for giving additional insights. I really thought this was a great spread that allowed you to flesh out and specify some of the details. The girl definitely matches the physical and non-physical descriptions of the pentacles suit. Ok, so putting on my thinker's cap now..

The Lady came up in the eighth pile of my "train" motif, titled the Mail Car, with a sub-title of the "Dead Letter Office" (aka "deceased"). She had the Knight of Pentacles to her left, suggesting that she met an apparently compatible young man slightly older than herself. The card to her right was the Devil, showing that he turned out to be very different from her initial impression. She came up reversed, making me think she is being held (or was placed) someplace out-of-sight (the unfortunate implication with the reversal and the Earth emphasis is "underground"). All three are Earth cards, so the elemental dignities lend some credibility to the scenario.

In my first readings about what happened to her, I did get an ominous outcome. I do not want to mention the details here, but there were at least 2 cards from the swords suit. In a lot of the readings, I got 2 of Cups. This echoes what you've said above about her meeting the young man. The connection you made with the Devil card being to the right of her also made me return to the idea of obsession. So this person had to have been watching her for some time before making his move. The "someplace out-of-sight" could be a house because of the 10 of Cups. You mentioned she could be underground, but my cards showed me water as well. A house underground with a body of water nearby is what this combination makes me think of. It's very hard for me to let this even cross my mind. I am hoping it's not the case.

The full series was 7 of Pentacles reversed; Knight of Pentacles facing away from the Lady and toward the Seven; Lady of Pentacles reversed, confronting the Devil; the Devil, nodding toward the Lady; the 8 of Swords; and the 7 of Cups reversed.

The Golden Dawn title of the 7 of Pentacles is the Lord of Success Unfulfilled, and the fact that it came up reversed with the Knight of Pentacles looking at it in an apparently sullen mood suggests he may not have gotten something he wanted.

A very good observation. But if he did not get what he wanted, what does it mean? I think you give this in your next paragraph (sorry, I'm thinking out loud).[/quote]

The Devil following the Lady suggests a bondage situation, and the 8 of Swords next in line looks like constraint to me. The 7 of Cups reversed at the end could mean that the trail has been thoroughly obscured and may never come to light unless she is found. I could also see human trafficking as mentioned in the original post, especially if the Knight of Pentacles was paid surreptitiously (7 of Pentacles rx) to "deliver" someone to the Devil. Overall, this is a somber outlook.

I admit, it doesn't look good. With all these cards, I, too, get this sense of feeling "tied up" and unable to "leave." Boxed in. Human trafficking is one of the top reasons why someone goes missing, especially for her demographic. On the other hand, again, could be an obsessed admirer or old acquaintance who may be preventing her from leaving, unless she goes back to him. At least, I got that from the three cards (Devil to 7 of Cups rx).

Won't know until something major does happen. I do hope it can be a good outcome otherwise.

Barleywine

It looks like her body was found in the Yuba River last weekend, so "deceased" was the correct call, unfortunately. The rest of the interpretation will have to wait on the results of the investigation. Since the outcome of this question is now known, it may be worthwhile to asks a new one about the circumstances of death.

Eva4

It looks like her body was found in the Yuba River last weekend, so "deceased" was the correct call, unfortunately. The rest of the interpretation will have to wait on the results of the investigation. Since the outcome of this question is now known, it may be worthwhile to asks a new one about the circumstances of death.

I heard about it yesterday. It is such a tragedy. The news reports are saying it could have been an accident or foul play. The thought crossed my mind it could be an accident which was covered up. The guy whose house she left said he had given her alcohol but didn't know she was not old enough to drink. Although he maintains his innocence, I think the investigation may shift its focus over to him. If not, then perhaps rule it out as an accident but to me it seems less likely.

Going to do a reading on the investigation and see what comes up. Of course, if you do your own, I'd like to see what you find. Thank you for keeping up with the story.