Reading on Halloween

Maxamillion

I'm doing a Harry Potter halloween party this year and considered doing some quick readings during the party. I still need lots of practice; I'm not used to reading for others much yet. Haven't decided yet if I will.

TarotWoman

It's rare Halloween that I don't get my cards out and read for someone, I always do a reading for myself at some point :)

I'm always at a party, whether our own or one of the family, if I'm out my cards are in my bag!

If there are several people wanting a reading, I'll simply (with their permission) ask them to pick one card and give them an overview. It's very public, so obviously nothing too personal given.

It's too busy a day and evening for me to commit to in-depth readings for others, unless it's really important to them. Then they will need to talk to me earlier in the day or evening, before the wine starts to flow ;)

Good luck with your evening!

Barbara x

Morwenna

Maxamillion said:
I'm doing a Harry Potter halloween party this year and considered doing some quick readings during the party. I still need lots of practice; I'm not used to reading for others much yet. Haven't decided yet if I will.

Reminds me of the local Borders' release party for the last Harry Potter book. We went, just so I could say I went to one of them. Two friends of ours, a married couple, had arranged with the store to do readings for free: she read palms, he read Tarot. They were so busy they told me afterwards that if we had shown up with our materials they'd have made space for us to join them!

punchinella

Vanny, you're fortunate to have this opportunity! I'm glad you're planning to make use of it :)

The only time I read on Halloween was after a (Samhain) ritual with some people who were much more experienced than I was, and I remember feeling intimidated. I read for four or five people, but without feeling at all certain whether or not the words coming out of my mouth were in any way pertinent to their lives. They were very nice, but in a way I wish that I had been reading for the general public, or for tarot novices, instead of for querents who were themselves experienced readers. If your querents are a more general group, then this could be an empowering experience for you.

Enjoy the thinning of the veil!