recomendation(s) for a good print quality Thoth deck..

RLG

photokat said:
I would like to defend the Greenie here - I have at least 2 copies with some of the craziest and most vibrant colors I have ever seen in a Thoth (will try and post some scans).

I was always Anti-Greenie until I got my paws on one of those treasures. They literally sparkle .... and I am now officially re-converted : )

Must have been a print run that had extraordinary colors ... seen it only twice maybe. But generally speaking, Greenies are rather flat and just "green". So in that respect you are definitely right when you suggest to "steer clear".

Dwtw

Wow, you're lucky you found a greenie that wasn't the typical dull-colored one. I'd love to see that edition in a proper printing.

Funny thing about the greenie is that some borders are darker green than others, (and fellow-member Gregory has a super-greenie, so there are at least three hues) and regardless of the border the images are the same. So the color of the images has nothing to do with the border. But a few (though certainly not all) of the cards really DO have a greenish cast to them.

I have heard a rumour, (pretty well substantiated but I won't say by whom) that there was a bootleg edition of the Thoth in the large white box. If such an edition existed, is it possible that you ended up with a copy or two? That might explain the more vibrant colors.

A different bootleg edition in the white box is easy to spot, as it says 'printed in Colombia' on the box itself. This one has poor printing and washed-out colors, on very thin cardstock.

But as for the greenie, I certainly believe to each his own, I just wouldn't normally suggest one to a beginner. Even IF the 7 of disks is prettier in that one than any other ;-)

Litlluw
RLG