Repetitive card

AntonHangedMan

Hi All,

Knight of Pentacles.
Fpr some reason this card is constantly showing up in the readings I do for myself, usually in the 'me' part of the spread. Also it is the only card that drops out of the deck when I shuffle the cards...I feel like it's trying to tell me something about myself but I'm confused about the meaning.

My questions are:

What does this mean when this happens? Why does it happen?
Is the meaning of this card relating to me personally?
Do any of you experience this?

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Sulis

Hi Anton,

I'd say that the Knight of Pentacles is representing you or a dominant part of your personallity at the moment.

The Knight of Pentacles is hard working, he's practically minded, can be quite stubborn or even obstinate, he sticks at something until it's done even if progress is slow he doesn't give up. Like all of the Pentacle court cards he's 'down to earth' - doesn't tend to get carried away in daydreams.

His horse is usually pictured standing still; he doesn't rush into things.
He knows the value of money and of hard work and he's prepared to work towards his goals.

Does that sound like you at the moment?
Are you studying maybe or do you have something that you're working towards.

The Knights also signify change and travel. The Pentacle Knight is concerned with the real, physical world so he could signify a move of house.

Hope that's helped a bit - I'm sure you'll get loads more advice.

Love

Sulis xx

BrightEye

I often have the same card showing or falling out when shuffling. I think these cards try to tell you something beyond the immediate concern of a reading, something that you need to know about in your life right now.

BrightEye

I think repetitive cards usually try to tell you something beyond the immediate concern of a specific reading, something that's important and that you need to know about. In my experience, they keep coming up until you've understood the message.

caridwen

The Knight of Pentacles often comes up for me for when I am being particularly obstinant or obsessive about something. I will not budge or let go of an object, person or issue. For example, you may be asking the same question over and over again. Or you are looking at something only from your perspective and won't budge.

Crystelle

Rest on your laurels

I too, have been getting this card in almost every spread I do for myself! I looked for various meanings to the card since the traditional image just didn't fit -- I found one intepretation to be someone that needs to recognize his/her accomplishments, slow down, take a break, survey your hard work and give yourself credit for what you have accomplished instead of rushing off to do more -- take a break! This one resonated with me more clearly... maybe it'll ring true for you too!

Nuncle

Yes, this happens to me, too. The card that seems to show up repetitively in readings and that falls out--well there havebeen a few, but the 4 of Pentacles is also one of them. Concerns about stability (in life, must qualify that one).

Nuncle

mysticmonkey

This is happening for me right now. The card that kept falling out of the deck while shuffling a few days ago (see my post in this thread:http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=642406&postcount=25) turned up in my daily draw this morning.

I'm not sure what it means in relation to my life right now so I guess I'll just have to keep writing in my journal and hope that it becomes clear soon.

AntonHangedMan

Crystelle said:
I too, have been getting this card in almost every spread I do for myself! I looked for various meanings to the card since the traditional image just didn't fit -- I found one intepretation to be someone that needs to recognize his/her accomplishments, slow down, take a break, survey your hard work and give yourself credit for what you have accomplished instead of rushing off to do more -- take a break! This one resonated with me more clearly... maybe it'll ring true for you too!

Crystelle,
What you just said rings true. Although the aspects of the card relate to me , like working hard, serious etc, I just couldn't understand why it'd show me something I already know about myself!
I was beginning to think this was my 'personal' card. (I have seen some sites where you choose a card that sums you up as a person.)

I'd like to thank you all for your comments, they were much appreciated and very helpful!

Demon Goddess

AntonHangedMan said:
Crystelle,
What you just said rings true. Although the aspects of the card relate to me , like working hard, serious etc, I just couldn't understand why it'd show me something I already know about myself!
I was beginning to think this was my 'personal' card. (I have seen some sites where you choose a card that sums you up as a person.)

I'd like to thank you all for your comments, they were much appreciated and very helpful!

Careful not to lock yourself into being any one particular card. You can be any card at any time. My hubby's entry into my life was as the Magician, and more often than not that is the card that represents him, but occasionally, I'll get the King of Cups or the King of Pentacles for him. It depends on the reading.

I hope you figure out the message.

with love,

T