What corresponds to...?

~Amber~

What card corresponds to a male; birthday July 12th? In both the MA and the courts? What should I be on the lookout for?

Sulis

I would say that it depends what the person is like.

I don't think that any one card can represent a person completely, folk are way too complicated for that.

I know which court cards I identify with myself at certain times but I wouldn't say that I was represented by one particular card all the time. Just for example I usually draw the Queen of Swords reversed or The Moon when I'm feeling pre-menstrual and grouchy...

Sulis xx

~Amber~

Point taken! LOL Feeling a little grouchy myself today! What about on the non descript side of things..anything directly corresponding to horoscope sign? I have a book that says this corresponds to that..kwim? Is that wrong? I have always followed that book per se so if I have been doing it wrong all these years oy vey! ;)

Grigori

July 12th could be the Chariot (as Cancer), 4 Cups (the final decan of cancer) or the Prince of Wands (last decan of Cancer, first two decans of Leo).

July 11th though is in the previous decan, so you may need to check the actual details for the year in question. It could be the 3 cups, or the Queen of Cups if the dates are a day off the "norm". I know the dates can vary for the start and end of a star sign, and am assuming the decans would be affected the same way. But I could be wrong on that *shrugs*

~Amber~

You're a fountain of knowledge! ;)

So Kings and Queens are older people correct more like parental type figures?

Amhran

Kings and Queens

Well....how old are you, Amber? Not that it matters that much, I guess, but a King or Queen could certainly be someone in their 20's who is mature and/ or strong personality. It depends, I guess. Sometimes I even see a page as an adult, for example if in a relationship the guy is acting like an immature boy he could come up as a page or Knight Reversed.

~Amber~

Well I am 30 but dont tell anyone! ;) The person in question is 26.

mtnmermaid

Based only on the zodiac sign, one of the water courts maybe? The knight or the king? Depending on his level of maturity and character traits of course. I have a male Leo friend who usually shows up as the king of wands or the Emperor, personally I'd peg him as the lion in the Strength card. *grin* But then I have a female Leo friend who consistently shows up as the queen of pents, which doesn't make sense going by her sign, but if you know her, she's more queen of pents than queen of wands by personality.

~Amber~

So it leans more toward personality traits rather than actual zodiac sign or perhaps it's a combination of the two?

Amhran

I would answer that yes, but also it depends! Not to confuse things even more...

If I read for myself (and of course I do!) I could come up as a Queen of Cups at times or say a Queen of Swords at other times depending on the situation and how I fit into it. Say the question is about someone I really am emotionally attatched to in an unhealthy way, I could come up as a Q of Cups reversed. Or if the spread is about me being strong, pushing through fears and becoming more independant, I'll come up as a Q of Swords.

My friend read for me before I went on a month long trip overseas and saw I'd meet a King of Swords. Well, I certainly did! I have no idea when his birthday is, that would be interesting to see if it corresponds to the suit of swords. But it may not. His *personality* was very sword like however--sarcastic, exacting, defiant, articulate, almost regal at times.

A woman who reads for me (she's a professional) often sees the court cards as people with corresponding coloring--ex: Dark hair and light eyes would fit a K or Q of Swords.

My friend and I used to know a lot of people in the music industry, and we would often read Queens, Kings, and Pages of pentacles as those peopel involved and their CD's!