Reversals - go back to the lesson of the previoius card in the suit

Flavio

Demon Goddess & Free Flight, I understood your explanations and examples, thank you for taking the time to write them over. I can't see me including this technique in my readings "as is" maybe I need to actually see it hapenning to see its benefits.

michmm

hey, this sounds like a swell way to read reversals... i am surely going to try it.
thanks guys!

knavescurvy

I have read this book and I got a lot from it but I don't like using reversals to determine whether a card is positive or not. And if I did It wouldn't neccessarily be because you are not ready for the card butcould in fact mean it is blocking you and it is time to move on.

I dislike his 5's because it misses the point the 5 is dealing with the problems, the 4 is ignoring them and following the plan, so If you get the 5 at the wrong time it means that either you need to fully implement your plan before you deal with it's problems (go back to 4) or you have been needlessly struggling for too long and need to find a more stable solution (go on to 6).

mahimaisme

2 pips together

well... i haven't read the rest of the posts after this yet but i just wanted to reply a quick thought before i go to work.... sorry if its been said/asked before!!! :)
well, i would think if two pips came reversed....eg. 4 cups reversed followed by 3 cups reversed, its telling you that you're stuck right where you didn't take the lesson of the 2 of cups.... and so, go back to the 2 of cups, sort that out, then the 3 and then the four.
but.... it ocurs to me, what if its 4 cups Rx followed by 3 cups upright?
mahima.

thank you for this post, its great. i'm currently going through greer's book of reversals and there is a mention of this method there as well....altho this discussion clears a lot of the haze.

red11

Great discussion

Thanks everyone, for all the things to think about...I've been grappling with the idea of incorporating reversals or not, because, to me, why would they be there if they weren't supposed to be? Unfortunately, my brain just gets blocked when trying to interpret them, so I usually end up turning the card right-side up anyway and fearing that I'm missing something important... But this is an interesting way to look at it, and I'm definitely going to try it as I just did a reading that was almost all reversals (I do feel a LOT of blockage in that area lol). So now I have a chance to maybe gain a new perspective on the reading and actually help myself overcome my blockages instead of just being confused all the time! ;-)