ROC April - Barefootlife and Dogs&Coffee

Fortuna

Barefootlife and Dogs&Coffee's Thread (regular)

--

Schedule:
April 23 (Sunday): Complete readings
April 30 (Sunday): Complete feedbacks

--

April's Suggested Spread:

I wanted to do something "super" fun this month, and I found one that is both fun and insightful. It is the
She-ra Princess of Power Spread. Let's ROC and call forth our inner super power!

xxx 3 xxx
xxxxx 2 xxx 5 xxxxx
1 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx 4 xxxxxxx

CARD ONE: WHAT IS CALLING YOU INTO YOUR POWER?
Anything at all can be the catalyst to our rising into our own power. A situation where our power has been taken, a feeling of helplessness,*a desire to help and heal others or even just a desire to live a more balanced life.*This card will show you what is calling you to rise right now.

CARD TWO: WHAT BELIEFS ARE HINDERING OR HELPING YOU?
We all have so many thoughts and beliefs about ourselves, most of which are*so*not true. Some thoughts can stop us from hopping into our power suits, other thoughts, the more positive ones, can help us to stand strong!*Which beliefs are asking to be seen and heard?

CARD THREE: YOUR OBVIOUS SUPER POWER
This super power may actually only be obvious to people who know you, and not necessarily to you personally. But either way,*this is a power that you have that is definitely not a secret!

CARD FOUR: YOUR SECRET SUPER POWER
Here's some info about your secret super power/s.*This power may be a secret to you too!

CARD FIVE: WHERE AND HOW TO STAND IN YOUR POWER NOW
Now that you know what your powers are, what are you going to do with them? This card will give you some insight into where to stand in your power and how to do it!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Important Notes:
1. If you would like to do a different spread, please keep it to 3-5 cards, and clear this with your partner beforehand.
2. Readers have final choice of the oracle deck used, but can allow sitter to choose.
3. For partners doing the Intuitive Option: After the oracle reading, please provide your intuitive impressions within the write-up or after in its own section.
4. Please stay in communication with your partner, and PM when you have posted your reading, feedback, or if you are experiencing scheduling issues. Please do not wait until the last minute to post readings and feedbacks.
5. Have fun and let's ROC!

--

Please PM Fortuna for questions or issues.

Dogs&Coffee

Hi Barefootlife!

Please let me know if any deck on my oracle deck list speaks to you. :) I look forward to our reading together!

barefootlife

Oh my god, so many to choose from! I don't think I have any particular preference--give me your most no-bullshit oracle that you love dearly.

I'm away from home right now, so I have my Earthbound Oracle and A Curious Oracle with me. Do you have a preference?

Dogs&Coffee

Oh my god, so many to choose from! I don't think I have any particular preference--give me your most no-bullshit oracle that you love dearly.

I'm away from home right now, so I have my Earthbound Oracle and A Curious Oracle with me. Do you have a preference?

Will do :3. And same for you, whichever you're more comfortable with.

Reading up later today :)

Dogs&Coffee

Ok... so for your reading I chose the Cosmos Tarot & Oracle because it's accurate, pulls no punches, and is beautiful to boot. (as an aside, it's not tarot even though they pretend it is, but this is a whole other post in and of itself...)

Galaxy: Community, Diversity, Contributions: You have been or will be asked to contribute something important to your community, or maybe even get more involved in something you believe in. It could be charity, animal rescue, local politics, community arts or gardens, etc.... something is pulling and calling you into action. Something you do will inspire others.

Ursa Major: Standing Up for Yourself:
Pro: You like to battle. Con: You don't know when to pick your battles. While you should always stand up for your convictions, you tend to get bent out of shape about small stuff, and let yourself get completely steamrolled on things that actually matter. Think on whether or not the fight is worth it, think on how you approach said argument (i.e. calmly and with logic vs. emotional tears and hyperbole), and think of ways to be a better ambassador for issues that matter to you and save your energy for them, not petty little arguments. Also remember that sometimes, for the greater good, compromises are needed.

Delphinus: Gestures of Goodwill, Compassion from/for Strangers: You're nice. You are always doing the good thing, and inspiring others to do good. You help people that need it and when the time comes, you'll receive that help in kind.

Taurus: Traditional Philosophies, Practice, Systems, Ownership: You know how to be organized and navigate bureaucracy. Or at least you could. When you get passionate about something you learn it inside and out. This card really makes me think politics. You could be an influential mover and shaker in your community, simply because you have it in you to learn and master the ins and outs.

Camelopardalis: Seeing the big picture, Gaining Perspective: Take some time to step back from the noise, and like the card says, see the bigger picture, and draw on the strengths highlighted in this reading. What kind of change in your community do you want to see? What way is most effective to battle for that change? What good can you do that will also inspire others to do good? and How can you use the system to your advantage to accomplish change?

Jumper: Eridanus: Twist of Fate, At the Mercy of a Greater Power: Something happened (positive) that has set you on a (spiritual?) journey of sorts, so you'll just have to ride the current for a while... something tells me this is some higher purpose type stuff, so enjoy the experience :)

Wowza... looks like you've got some amazing mojo going on! Hope this resonates!!

9a5FdPa.jpg

barefootlife

I ended up going with the Curious Oracle deck for this one - it's just so interesting. To explain a little about how this oracle works, it's divided into 7 'sets' (body, motion, intuition, heart, mind, blessings, spirit), and then each 'set' has 7 'steps' (manifest, relationship, growth, structure, lesson, healing, epiphany). So the first number refers to the set and the second to the step. The idea is that as you progress through the numbers in either direction, you're progressing through spiritual and mental growth. It'll make more sense as we go along, probably.

Rjabcbrh.jpg

7 Nazar / 4 Protection
The intersection of spirit and structure

A nazar is a charm to protect from the evil eye, and in this case, it's protecting you. This card indicates that you're shielded from negativity, that there's a watchful eye or protector keeping you safe from ill will or hostility which could otherwise be pointed your way. That's a pretty perfect place to begin coming into your power, protected for the moment from harm. It's also a good place to look out and see the world unafraid, to take hold of your power and get out there.

3 Twilight / 2 Veil
The intersection of intuition and relationship

This card sounds like it could be negative, but it's actually pretty awesome. You're a reacher for hidden knowledge, and you're comfortable on that line between the mundane and extrasensory or metaphysical. It's fine for you if magic ends up sneaking into your mundane life, or vice versa. Since all superpowers involve a little magic and a lot of belief, I'd say that's a pretty profound strength. Don't be afraid to let your worlds collide, so to speak.

5 Shield / 4 Conviction
The intersection of mind and structure

Your obvious superpower is that you are strong in your own convictions without imposing them on others. You've got your own 'thing' and you do it while not trying to get other people to follow in your footsteps. Since it's a pretty good thing you've got going, though, people tend to naturally take your beliefs to heart. You being you inspires others to be better, or at least different, than they were. You're an eye-opener, in the best sort of way.

5 Thistle / 3 Pride
The intersection of mind and growth

Your secret superpower goes right along with your obvious one - unlike many, you recognize your inherent value and notice your own accomplishments. You're confident enough in yourself that you don't have to look to others for validation - again, you do you and aren't super vulnerable to the mean girls in your life tryin' to get you down. That strong sense of self-esteem can get you through even the darkest battles, because you don't have to rely on anyone else to believe in you for you.

3 the Crypt / 5 Slumber
The intersection of intuition and lessons

Now that you know what your superpowers are, the oracle says to take a rest and really soak them in. Be still, bask in yourself a bit, and wait for the opportunity to put these things to use. You don't have to pull a Batman and go out into the world looking for some Justice To Do, what you can influence will come to you. It seems like most of your powers come from just being around others and influencing them that way.

I'll post a picture of the cards for you later when I'm not at work so that you can see them! They're tiny but lovely little things.

Dogs&Coffee

Yay! What an interesting set of oracle cards :3 I'm going to let the reading marinate for a bit and leave feedback shortly :)

barefootlife

I added the card intersections, where set meets step, because I think that might add a bit more meat to interpret for you.

barefootlife

Ok... so for your reading I chose the Cosmos Tarot & Oracle because it's accurate, pulls no punches, and is beautiful to boot. (as an aside, it's not tarot even though they pretend it is, but this is a whole other post in and of itself...)
First off, I love this deck. I think I need it in my life.

Galaxy: Community, Diversity, Contributions: You have been or will be asked to contribute something important to your community, or maybe even get more involved in something you believe in. It could be charity, animal rescue, local politics, community arts or gardens, etc.... something is pulling and calling you into action. Something you do will inspire others.

I'd love to be a greater part of some sort of community. Recently I started a job that basically involves me creating an administrative position in a department from scratch, and I'm definitely working toward making a place for myself here. The guys I'm working with have been surprised that I'm keeping up and haven't quit yet between the rough hours and the company :laugh: It can be frustrating, but ultimately I think it's going to be a rewarding experience.

Ursa Major: Standing Up for Yourself:
Pro: You like to battle. Con: You don't know when to pick your battles. While you should always stand up for your convictions, you tend to get bent out of shape about small stuff, and let yourself get completely steamrolled on things that actually matter. Think on whether or not the fight is worth it, think on how you approach said argument (i.e. calmly and with logic vs. emotional tears and hyperbole), and think of ways to be a better ambassador for issues that matter to you and save your energy for them, not petty little arguments. Also remember that sometimes, for the greater good, compromises are needed.

Hahaha this rings pretty true lately. The people I'm spending most of my time with have very different political and social beliefs, and it's so hard to bite my tongue sometimes. Otherwise I'm fairly easygoing, to the point where I will let people (although not these ones in particular) walk all over me in the name of 'being helpful'. Compromise has definitely been a theme lately, although I'm the one doing most of the compromising.

Delphinus: Gestures of Goodwill, Compassion from/for Strangers: You're nice. You are always doing the good thing, and inspiring others to do good. You help people that need it and when the time comes, you'll receive that help in kind.

I laughed when I read this, because I'm 'therapist friend'. I try to do the right thing and be compassionate toward others even when I don't necessarily approve. It's a funny contrast with the previous card, because this is really what I'm going for but when people step on other people's rights I do get very momma bear, so to speak. Fingers crossed that karma will come back to me when I need it.

Taurus: Traditional Philosophies, Practice, Systems, Ownership: You know how to be organized and navigate bureaucracy. Or at least you could. When you get passionate about something you learn it inside and out. This card really makes me think politics. You could be an influential mover and shaker in your community, simply because you have it in you to learn and master the ins and outs.

Well...I am a Taurus, so this makes sense. And I'm an administrative assistant, so knowing the ins and outs of systems is literally my job, and the one I'm trying to put into practice at the moment. I'm always trying to keep a finger on office politics, although mostly so I can stay out of them, not influence them. Right now I'd settle for influencing my department to get on track with their filing :laugh:

But to be more serious, this is something I've noticed in my life when I stop to think about it. I tend to see group dynamics better than a lot of other people. I've done a lot of mediating and crisis management for friends, and my opinions do seem to hold weight with people who know me. And some who don't - I'm not bad at sales, when I actually believe in a product or service. And yep, when I get into something, I get deep into it and become a complete infovore.

Camelopardalis: Seeing the big picture, Gaining Perspective: Take some time to step back from the noise, and like the card says, see the bigger picture, and draw on the strengths highlighted in this reading. What kind of change in your community do you want to see? What way is most effective to battle for that change? What good can you do that will also inspire others to do good? and How can you use the system to your advantage to accomplish change?

This is right on, and something that I really have trouble doing for myself. It's easy to see the greater picture for other people, but when I'm involved things get fuzzy and blank. On the same sort of note, visualizing my future is next to impossible for me. At 34, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Being an admin is a profession I fell into because what else does one do with a BA in Literature? This is something I really need to spend some time with.

Jumper: Eridanus: Twist of Fate, At the Mercy of a Greater Power: Something happened (positive) that has set you on a (spiritual?) journey of sorts, so you'll just have to ride the current for a while... something tells me this is some higher purpose type stuff, so enjoy the experience :)

Gosh, I would love some higher purpose type stuff. Right now I'm on a very mundane surprise journey (this job), but I'd never say no to a spiritual journey. Right now I feel like I'm in the midst of a learning experience that's forcing me to expand my mundane horizons, but mentally I'm still pretty stuck in a rut.

Thank you for the reading! Lots and lots to think about here.

Dogs&Coffee

So I sat on this for a couple of days and thoughts are below :)

I ended up going with the Curious Oracle deck for this one - it's just so interesting. To explain a little about how this oracle works, it's divided into 7 'sets' (body, motion, intuition, heart, mind, blessings, spirit), and then each 'set' has 7 'steps' (manifest, relationship, growth, structure, lesson, healing, epiphany). So the first number refers to the set and the second to the step. The idea is that as you progress through the numbers in either direction, you're progressing through spiritual and mental growth. It'll make more sense as we go along, probably.

Rjabcbrh.jpg

7 Nazar / 4 Protection
The intersection of spirit and structure

A nazar is a charm to protect from the evil eye, and in this case, it's protecting you. This card indicates that you're shielded from negativity, that there's a watchful eye or protector keeping you safe from ill will or hostility which could otherwise be pointed your way. That's a pretty perfect place to begin coming into your power, protected for the moment from harm. It's also a good place to look out and see the world unafraid, to take hold of your power and get out there.

It's nice to think I'm protected from negativity. I have to say, some of the changes being made in my life have been pretty hard, but for the most part, I've not been experiencing too much negativity about it. The intersection is interesting... Spirit & Structure, as I am moving away from physical pursuits and towards spiritual ones. I think it's a good reminder that even intangible things need organization.

3 Twilight / 2 Veil
The intersection of intuition and relationship

This card sounds like it could be negative, but it's actually pretty awesome. You're a reacher for hidden knowledge, and you're comfortable on that line between the mundane and extrasensory or metaphysical. It's fine for you if magic ends up sneaking into your mundane life, or vice versa. Since all superpowers involve a little magic and a lot of belief, I'd say that's a pretty profound strength. Don't be afraid to let your worlds collide, so to speak.

While I'm comfortable with the proverbial line, I do wonder what others would think, and while I'm under the scrutiny of the general public, I keep a low profile... so I tend to compartmentalize, and sometimes struggle to find the magic in the mundane. The moment I do let "worlds collide" will be huge, and probably a relief

5 Shield / 4 Conviction
The intersection of mind and structure

Your obvious superpower is that you are strong in your own convictions without imposing them on others. You've got your own 'thing' and you do it while not trying to get other people to follow in your footsteps. Since it's a pretty good thing you've got going, though, people tend to naturally take your beliefs to heart. You being you inspires others to be better, or at least different, than they were. You're an eye-opener, in the best sort of way.

I guess that applies... I'm pretty stubborn sometimes, and I do just like to do my own thing... Honestly this is the part that tripped me up a bit... I have no idea if I've ever inspired anyone, and some of my beliefs are a little off center and certainly not popular... Hm.... I think this will require a little more thinking on my part...

5 Thistle / 3 Pride
The intersection of mind and growth

Your secret superpower goes right along with your obvious one - unlike many, you recognize your inherent value and notice your own accomplishments. You're confident enough in yourself that you don't have to look to others for validation - again, you do you and aren't super vulnerable to the mean girls in your life tryin' to get you down. That strong sense of self-esteem can get you through even the darkest battles, because you don't have to rely on anyone else to believe in you for you.

It took me a long time to get to that point, but yeah... I'm pretty secure in myself. Self reliance has been a pretty strong theme in my life as well... I never really thought of it as a "super power" though.. more like just something that should just be...

3 the Crypt / 5 Slumber
The intersection of intuition and lessons

Now that you know what your superpowers are, the oracle says to take a rest and really soak them in. Be still, bask in yourself a bit, and wait for the opportunity to put these things to use. You don't have to pull a Batman and go out into the world looking for some Justice To Do, what you can influence will come to you. It seems like most of your powers come from just being around others and influencing them that way.

I'll post a picture of the cards for you later when I'm not at work so that you can see them! They're tiny but lovely little things.

LOL I'm definitely not a batman... But patience and rest have been a big theme in my reading lately... I'll definitely take that to heart... And I could use a little rest, truth be told.. But I'm insatiably curious about what this thing that coming my way is... it seems to be indicated in a lot of my cards... It's like... I know there's a surprise party, but I don't know when it is and who might be there.... gah! It's driving me nuts!

Your deck is beautiful! But it is a bit hard to get my head around... that's part of what took me a bit here... but I'm intrigued by them! Do you like them? What has your experience reading with them been?