Rune Study Group: Making your own set

zorya

help please

can't really buy the stones i need to make a set at this time, and don't have all the tools needed to cut wood discs. has anyone here made a set out of sticks? why or why not? how did they work? any advice on length? are they read any differently?

Malachite

Zorya...never tried sticks...I think they might be a little fragile...
but to makes discs, you just need a small hacksaw or handsaw, and some sandpaper...and just find the right sized branches!...I'm making an ogam set that way!...

Kiama

The easiest way, to tide you over til you can get the tools...

Just grab 24 pebbles from the beach or something, and write on the Runes with marker pen. Simple. They aren't very durable but they'll see you through until you've got the tools to make a moredurable set. I haven't tried sticks though...

KIAMA

zorya

kiama and malachite!

thanks for your ideas. kiama, i'm afraid i'm landlocked :) but i have great news :D
a very generous someone, offered me a set! so i will soon be set to go. i am so anxious to learn! and am really enjoying this study group.

Kiama

That's wonderful Zorya! Honoured to have you on board!

Enjoy!

Kiama

Arialinna

Ummm....... Help!! does anyone know where to find picture or discriptions of all the different runes??????? I am trying to make my own set but I don't know all of the runes i need??? Can someone help me please!!!!!!!

Arialinna

Umbrae

I cannot rember the address, but hunt down "earthdancing.com"

Kaz

see if i can attach this one....

kaz

Attachments

• futhark.gif
    futhark.gif
    6 KB · Views: 138

Phoenix

I made mine out of 24 stones I collected from the beack at Nice!! Then I just painted the glyph on it with an earth coloured paint(burnt sienna to be exact)

Arialinna

Thanks!!!!!!!Everyone!!!!!!!!! I really needed the help!!!! I can't wait to finish mine. Anyone have any ideas what i should use to make the runes stay on the stone???????