Sea Glass?

Cerulean

I have a few aged floats...

I bought some older glass floats, they had rippling, curious streaks that come with age/heat/sea/sun...so your sea glass could have been made from something recycled from long, long ago to make fishing floats for nets.

I think the flight of time and the aging qualities of nature has added a salty attraction and awareness in me when I look at the 'sea glass'. And so if I were to 'scry' with any sphere of glass, I would do it with the aged and cloudy glass--what imagined tales it could tell!

I think an interesting part of divination or thinking of the properties of anything is how we are feeling of something aged by nature into something we consider beautiful. Whether it is wood, glass, stone or bone/shell....shells for me seem to be such a representive of feeling, water and the sea...and sea glass seems to me part of this magical association.

I really like the sea glass necklace and thoughts already posted about such a pretty thing...

Regards

Cerulean

http://seaglassassociation.org/SiteMap.php

sagewriter

This has been such a lovely thread. My grandparents live by the sea near Brighton and I spent most summers there while my parents went skiing, so I found my fair share of seaglass. Of course being small I never kept any. I went to Brighton 4-5 years ago and found a shop by the sea that sold seaglass jewellry. I had a greeny round piece on black cord that was marked down because it had a chip on it. I think I ended up giving it away a few years ago. Such a shame because it was beautiful and I should have transfered it to a chain I would have worn more often! I'll be searching thge shores when I'm back in Brighton in a few weeks :D

silverwings94

I just finished reading all these wonderful threads about Sea Glass ans just had to pop in. I have a pendulum that is hand made with a piece of Sea glass wire wrapped with copper and it has the most amazing energy in it. It was my very first pendulm and is still my favorite.

aaquwaa

great thread.
Have some sea glass I have found here in Campeche. I think I need to make a bracelet. :) Your necklace is stunning.
aaquwaa

Anam Cara

Wow! I'm delighted that this thread
keeps popping up!
So many kindred spirits here,
thank you!
My sea glass pendant remains one of
my very favorite pieces of jewelry...
not a week goes by when I don't wear
it at least once!

Thank you all for sharing,
please don't stop!! :)
:heart:cara

Emily

I thought about bringing the amber sea glass I found back home with me and making a pendulum out of it too - it's the wrong shape to actually wear but it should make a nice pendulum and one that might actually work for me. :)