Sheridan-Douglas Tarot: new printing

coredil

Lillie said:
Yes, Lark.

That's the one.

And while I am here again, I just wanted to mention (as I have mentioned many times before) the absolute and utter cuteness of the circular dog on the 7 of pentacles.

I don't know why, but that dog just does it for me, every time.
Oh I love this dog too :)
And the two of pentacles ...
and the fool ...
and two of batons ...
and the three of batons ...
and the four of batons ...
and ... I love the whole deck!
:)

Alfred Douglas

some questions answered

I've just posted answers to some of the questions folk ask about the Sheridan Douglas Tarot, in the other thread discussing the history of the deck.

lunakasha

Jeannette said:
P.S. -- Oh, yeah... with the announcement made, the Tarot Garden can take preorders for the Sheridan-Douglas Tarot now. :D

This is WONDERFUL exciting news....cannot wait to get this one! :D

I wonder if anyone has an estimated release date to share???
Also, I tried to find preorder info at Tarotgarden and there was nothing about this deck yet....:( (I know I need to be more patient LOL)

Thanks!

:) Luna

Jeannette

I promised Mr. Douglas I wouldn't "jump the gun" on the announcement. Actually, he's a rarity in that he's kept in very close contact with us about the status of the deck. Usually it's like pulling the proverbial "hen's teeth" to get complete and reliable info about new (or reissue) releases. But I've learned from bitter experience that most of the time, until you get some sort of "official" word, it's best to keep mum about release dates.

I haven't had time to get our preorders page updated since Mr. Douglas posted here... and I'm not quite sure of the pricing yet (it's been discussed, but not finalized to the best of my knowledge). But certainly anyone who wants can email or PM me (email is better) to reserve their copy. We've been urging Mr. Douglas to make sure he mails off a supply to us right away once the release batch is finally printed. :)

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

lunakasha

Thanks Jeannette....email on its way! :D

Lee

Hello Mr. Douglas,

Thanks very much for stopping by and letting us know about the deck, and thanks also for your efforts to make it once again available.

May I say that your book has always been one of my favorites, a true classic in tarot literature.

As for the deck, I've always wished I could own one, but it was way out of my price range. I'm delighted to be able to own one now. Jeannette already has my pre-order!

David Sheridan had a unique talent as an artist. I love the images that you and he created, and I'll look forward to having an actual deck to work with.

Thanks again!

-- Lee

gregory

Mr Douglas - hello again !

Yours is the first Tarot book I ever owned, and it started me on my evil path (see profile :|) I still turn to it for the basics; it has served me well, and I have (as I've said) one of the original purple backed decks; I love it. It has also earned me many friends here, as they tried to prise it from my grasp (no chance !)

And for all the rest of you - Mr Douglas' book on the I Ching is also excellent !

Fulgour

nice dust jacket photo

gregory said:
...Mr Douglas' book on the I Ching is also excellent !
First published in Great Britain under the title
The Oracle of Change

I have an American first edition (1971) titled
How to Consult the I Ching
- The Oracle of Change

Fulgour

Lee said:
May I say that your book has always been one of my favorites, a true classic in tarot literature.
Excellent background material on the Gypsy influences too!

Alfred Douglas

Thank you all for your welcome to the forum. It is heartwarming to discover that our work of 35 years ago is so fondly remembered and appreciated.

The Penguin edition of my Tarot book stayed in print (under various covers and sizes) for nearly a quarter of a century but has not been available in English since the late '90s.

I recently asked my literary agent to find out if Penguin intended to reprint, and if not, could we have the rights back. Penguin are not going to reprint, so I now have the rights, and we intend to republish the book ourselves under our Sheridan Douglas imprint.

I wondered whether I should add an extra chapter or two, but my wife (Jo Sheridan, mother of David) said: "No, republish it as it is. Tarot teachers like to recommend it to their pupils because it gives them all the essentials without being too weighty. Then write another book on the Tarot - it's about time you did."

So that is what I plan to do.