Should I continue pursuing this girl?

csdude

There's this girl that I've known casually for awhile, and about 2 weeks ago I struck up a conversation with her online. We chatted quite a bit over the next week, and I kinda got the vibe that she was in to me (which really surprised me, cause she's really out of my league). I flirted a bit, giving her pet names and such, and while she didn't flirt back she didn't shy away, either.

At the beginning of this week she was pretty chatty (I woke up to a few messages from her one day, which was awesome), but by the end of the week... not so much. Which she said was because she was working a lot and tired, which is totally acceptable... but at the same time, I kinda think that if she was in to me then she would take 5 seconds to send a message saying "good night" or whatever. At least, that's how I am.

I hadn't heard from her yesterday so I sent her a message last night, and she replied immediately but she was just getting off work. I replied and suggested we chat later if she's not too tired, or anytime today (Sunday). As of 10:30pm, she hasn't replied to that, so nothing at all today.

She's an early Pisces, if that matters. She's a divorcee with 1 small child, recently starting a second part-time job.

So I did a spread tonight, asking what will be my romantic outcome with [her]? The result I got was a little confusing, so I'm hoping for a little insight from you guys:

* Jumper
Judgement
(Judgment, rebirth, inner calling, absolution; time for an important change)

* Spread
4 of Wands
(Celebration, harmony, marriage, home, community; completion, job well done)

Emperor
(Authority, father-figure, structure, solid foundation; sitting alone at the top)

Princess of Swords
(Talkative, curious, mentally restless, energetic; a green light that says "go for it"; some interesting info will surprise you)

* Shadow
Queen of Swords
(Quick thinker, organised, perceptive, independent; lots of info, solitude could be necessary; think with your head, not your heart)

The Emperor (focus card for me) almost definitely represents me, especially since I'm about 10 years older than her. But does it imply that she sees me as a solid foundation (important for a divorcee), or a wise older man with no romantic potential? Or that if I pursue her then I'll end up alone?

The 4 of Wands (first clarifier) implies a pretty positive outcome... but then, no Hearts / Cups in the spread makes me worry that it might not be ME that's celebrating.

And the Princess of Swords (second clarifier) could mean that I should go for it... or, it could represent her and mean that the whole thing will just be talking but not really go anywhere.

I think that the Queen represents her, based on previous readings. And I'm not sure about Judgement in this spread at all.

Or, looking at the spread together using Enchanted Tarot, the Emperor is looking a little longingly at the Princess while she's happily reading a message. Maybe the implication is that that's all there is; she really likes getting my messages, but it will never go beyond that? The 4 of Wands doesn't fit in with the picture, though, so I'm not sure.

Thoughts?

Saskia

There's this girl that I've known casually for awhile...

asking what will be my romantic outcome with [her]? T

The Emperor (focus card for me)

The 4 of Wands (first clarifier)

And the Princess of Swords (second clarifier)

Shadow: The Queen of Swords. And I'm not sure about Judgement in this spread at all.

Hi CS, I recommend trying spreads with positions. If you only ask a focus card and clarifiers, it's not very clear what they "clarify". Usually clarifiers repeat the info of the key card, but yours looks more like a freestyle spread and all your cards talk about the situation instead of "clarifying" (re-wording) info.

Your romantic outcome is the Emperor, the focus card, the answer. Well, that's not really a relationship card. It's about you as a person: someone who wants to have a court (a family?), a country, your own kingdom to rule and be charge of. 4 Wands, another 4, seems to repeat this wish for stability and home hearth.

The Princess of Swords is no match to the Emperor. I'm not saying she's not as good, I'm saying she's of different suit altogether. This looks like mental stimulation to her, there's no fire, no water (passion and emotions). Pure air. Same with the shadow, Queen of Swords. To me it tells she knows what she's doing and it's mental stimulation, intellectual exercise.

The cards don't say nothing could ever come of it, but right now it looks more like your dream and she's playing along because she likes the mental stimulation.

Btw please don't take this as rude, but given that when you post, the posts are very similar (wondering about a romantic interest of yours). Have you tried spreads about why you haven't found a partner yet? Are you looking from wrong places or crushing on wrong girls/women? And what would be the most fruitful way to find a partner? No need to answer and apologies if this is intrusive, just a thought.

csdude

Hi CS, I recommend trying spreads with positions. If you only ask a focus card and clarifiers, it's not very clear what they "clarify". Usually clarifiers repeat the info of the key card, but yours looks more like a freestyle spread and all your cards talk about the situation instead of "clarifying" (re-wording) info.

I pretty much always do a 3-card spread in a pyramid shape. The first card becomes the lower-left corner, the second card becomes the top-middle, and the third card becomes the lower-right corner.

Jumpers don't make it to the spread, because I put them back in the deck while shuffling. But the shadow card goes underneath the pyramid.

When appropriate, I sometimes pay attention to how the characters in the cards are facing; eg, if the characters are facing another card it can mean one thing, but if they're facing away then it could mean something else. This isn't always appropriate, though.

So in this case, the Emperor was the second card drawn, making him the focus card and (appropriately) on top of the pyramid. The 4 of Wands was the left corner, and the Princess was the right corner.

Your romantic outcome is the Emperor, the focus card, the answer. Well, that's not really a relationship card. It's about you as a person: someone who wants to have a court (a family?), a country, your own kingdom to rule and be charge of. 4 Wands, another 4, seems to repeat this wish for stability and home hearth.

Makes perfect sense, and the Emperor has often referred to me in spreads. And I can very much accept that the 4 of Wands is more about my desire than an actual outcome.

The Princess of Swords is no match to the Emperor. I'm not saying she's not as good, I'm saying she's of different suit altogether. This looks like mental stimulation to her, there's no fire, no water (passion and emotions). Pure air. Same with the shadow, Queen of Swords. To me it tells she knows what she's doing and it's mental stimulation, intellectual exercise.

I can accept that, too, and it's similar to my interpretation when I looked at the cards together; that she's just enjoying the messages, while I (the Emperor) am looking at her a bit more longingly.

As visuals:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/84/12/74/841274f0e34e8f7a87fe4201ade9c2ef.jpg

http://*****************/tarot/enchanted_tarot/large/page_of_swords.jpg

Btw please don't take this as rude, but given that when you post, the posts are very similar (wondering about a romantic interest of yours). Have you tried spreads about why you haven't found a partner yet? Are you looking from wrong places or crushing on wrong girls/women? And what would be the most fruitful way to find a partner? No need to answer and apologies if this is intrusive, just a thought.

Haha, you're not going to hurt my feelings, don't worry about that! I appreciate the advice :)

I haven't asked lately why I have 0 success at dating, but I did a few years ago and the consistent response referred to patience. But, after 2 1/2 years without so much as a real interest, I'm not quite sure how long I'm supposed to be patient. I haven't really pushed or anything, I've just been waiting around and pursuing the rare opportunities that seem to present themselves.

I think I'll wait a week or two (give this one time to blow over), then maybe ask again...

Sulis said:
Please leave feedback in your older thread here: https://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=268109

and for Saskia in this thread.

In my defense, Saskia replied while I was in bed ;-)

csdude

I hadn't heard from her yesterday so I sent her a message last night, and she replied immediately but she was just getting off work. I replied and suggested we chat later if she's not too tired, or anytime today (Sunday). As of 10:30pm, she hasn't replied to that, so nothing at all today.

FWIW, I think I'm going to back away from this one, anyway.

After nothing from her Sunday or Monday, I sent her a message Monday night, around 11. We chatted briefly, and she complained about work again, saying that she was working from 7am until midnight on Monday and was expected to work all week (when she usually just works at this job 2-3 days a week).

That's a good excuse to not chat, right? Totally acceptable.

It ended with her promising to message me when she got home, around midnight. But she didn't, which is fine, not a big deal.

But then today, she posted a Snapchat Story along the lines of "really enjoying my day off work!"

Which means that she apparently lied about having to work today, which sucks. Or even if she didn't lie and had a surprise day off, it still didn't cross her mind to talk to me or anything. That's several days in a row of her not talking to me unless I initiate (and even then being brief), so either way I'm going to have to take it that she's really just not interested.

Unless she tries to talk to me or something in the next few days, I'm going to have to downgrade this one back down to "casual acquaintance".

Now, how this applies to the cards? I'm not sure. While she WAS like the Princess, she hasn't been lately. Maybe she changed from the (chatty, curious, and energetic) Princess to the (independent and emotionless) Queen? And Judgement, as a Major card AND a jumper (both of which would seem important to me) still doesn't make sense to me.