Someone out there that stopped buying new decks?

SolSionnach

LaLaBella said:
Well, I hadn't bought a deck for 6 yrs then a stray Fenestra followed me home today. It's odd how those things happen.
This is my 1st post btw...
Hi LaLaBella - welcome to AT. You might think twice about participating here - I came here originally to sell off my tarot collection, but ended up buying as many decks as I sold! You might put a lock on your pocketbook... :D

gregory

catbaloo said:
*lol*

I haven't really stopped buying decks but I don't really scout for new ones to buy like I do with other things. (books and computer games mainly.)
If I see something I like and I've got the money I'll order it but I'm glad I don't have a big wish list as I don't really have the room.
Oh don't worry - you will get a new house soon enough.... })

We are building a new room,and part of the reason..... :|

LaLaBella

sravana said:
Hi LaLaBella - welcome to AT. You might think twice about participating here - I came here originally to sell off my tarot collection, but ended up buying as many decks as I sold! You might put a lock on your pocketbook... :D
Nah, I did that before :D
I'm much more discriminating now...I hope.

morticia monroe

When I first became interested in tarot, I used one deck for the first year and a half. I knew there were other decks, but not that there were so MANY. Then I found AT and really began applying what I had learned and experienced with the wisdom and experience of others.

I found that I enjoyed comparing decks and cards and was also hoping to find a small handful of decks that I seemed to feel most drawn to. I learned quickly that what looks good on a computer screen may not appeal to me in hand, and so I started buying... I do have a good base now, and most of my other decks have been kept as well because I do love the variety of them. All of my decks are wonderful to me, and I DO read even with the decks that I don't "click" with because I want to be able to read with anything...

But I've pretty much quit buying now. First because I've perused what's available a thousand times now and the ones that really appealed to me are either already in my collection or hard to find, and also because I'm comfy now and hunkering down with the ones I've got. An occasional new release or a super deal on an OOP gets picked up once in a while, but for the most part, I'm cool where I'm at... :)

firefrost

morticia monroe said:
But I've pretty much quit buying now. First because I've perused what's available a thousand times now and the ones that really appealed to me are either already in my collection or hard to find, and also because I'm comfy now and hunkering down with the ones I've got. An occasional new release or a super deal on an OOP gets picked up once in a while, but for the most part, I'm cool where I'm at... :)

Couldn't have put it better myself! :)

SolSionnach

morticia monroe said:
I learned quickly that what looks good on a computer screen may not appeal to me in hand...
No kidding! There are so many decks that I've bought because they looked good on the screen... but not so great in hand. Then there's Maat, which looks *better* in hand than on screen...
morticia monroe said:
Absolutely. I have 2 decks that I'm looking forward to - the 78-card Mary-El, and Shadowscapes. Other than those, I continue to waffle over the Estensi (I nearly ordered it last night! oops.). I now have about 70 decks, but have bought and sold/traded almost 200 others over the years! My pile of rejects is huge.