Spooky Spots to take the Bohemian Gothic

bhakti

A few AT'ers threw around the idea of spooky "haunted" places they would like to take the Bohemian Gothic. I would love to hear not only where everyone would like to take their BG for a reading, but a little about the
place(s) you choose, i.e., what makes it spooky etc.

I'll start. Last weekend my family and I packed up and went to our favorite place to bike ride, an old, former state mental institution that is reportedly one of the most haunted places in the state (yes, we are a "dark" family!). Knowing what went on there from first hand accounts from some of my former clients I can believe it! Scary stuff! Anyway, I was kicking myself for not having brought the BG for a reading. Definitely going to get back there for a reading and some pics!

Mellaenn

I took mine to a wonderfully haunted hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas called The Crescent Hotel. It started life as a fashionable hotel and spa in the late 1800's, then served as a Conservatory for Young Women and a cancer hospital. It was finally resurrected as a hotel in the 1940's.

Anam Cara

Hmm, well... at the risk of repeating myself
(from the BG2 thread...)

My new BG2-Pewter went for a motorcycle ride today.
Tucked into a Baba bag, inside my purse, she rode in
the saddlebag to a gold country town about an hour away;
Grass Valley.

We had lunch at the Holbrooke Hotel which was recently
featured on the Biography channel's "My Ghost Story."
I took the BG2 downstairs where the spirits are sensed most often, and did a reading....

I pulled the 5 of Wands, the 10 of Swords, and the Hanged Man!
~~~Goosebumps!~~~

Wish I'd remembered the camera ~ I wonder if
I maybe would have captured an orb or two!?

Next month we're for sure going to the Whaley House in San Diego,
also infamous for its ghosts, and we're picking a date
(soon I hope) to visit the Winchester Mystery House, in San Jose.

Still don't know if I'll be able to take photos, though,
as they are both California State parks...

Looking VERY forward to others' BG2 Ghost Stories!

:heart:Cara

Anam Cara

Mellaenn said:
I took mine to a wonderfully haunted hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas called The Crescent Hotel. It started life as a fashionable hotel and spa in the late 1800's, then served as a Conservatory for Young Women and a cancer hospital. It was finally resurrected as a hotel in the 1940's.
Oh, Mellaenn, that place even LOOKS creepy!
Beautifully creepy!
Did you do a reading with your BG and/or
sense anything while you were there?

Grizabella

Cara, why wouldn't you be able to take photos at a state park?

Anam Cara

Grizabella said:
Cara, why wouldn't you be able to take photos at a state park?
Griz, outside it's fine... but some parks,
because of artwork and other things possibly damaged by flash,
they don't allow photos.
(It also is sometimes forbidden because it's disruptive to the tour guides' spiel! ;) )

bhakti

This place is gorgeous! What a great history, too. Did you do a reading?

Mellaenn said:

bhakti

OOOOO, this is so great Anam Cara!

Especially cannot wait to hear about Winchester Mystery House. I have watched several documentaries on this place and it has always fascinated me! Wish I could go with you :)

Anam Cara said:
Hmm, well... at the risk of repeating myself
(from the BG2 thread...)

My new BG2-Pewter went for a motorcycle ride today.
Tucked into a Baba bag, inside my purse, she rode in
the saddlebag to a gold country town about an hour away;
Grass Valley.

We had lunch at the Holbrooke Hotel which was recently
featured on the Biography channel's "My Ghost Story."
I took the BG2 downstairs where the spirits are sensed most often, and did a reading....

I pulled the 5 of Wands, the 10 of Swords, and the Hanged Man!
~~~Goosebumps!~~~

Wish I'd remembered the camera ~ I wonder if
I maybe would have captured an orb or two!?

Next month we're for sure going to the Whaley House in San Diego,
also infamous for its ghosts, and we're picking a date
(soon I hope) to visit the Winchester Mystery House, in San Jose.

Still don't know if I'll be able to take photos, though,
as they are both California State parks...

Looking VERY forward to others' BG2 Ghost Stories!

Glass Owl

Mellaenn said:
That hotel was featured on "Ghost Hunters." Wow, that would be a creepy place to use the cards. So many people died there :(

I remember them featuring one of the rooms where guests have reported that their belongings were found packed up and moved to the door. I wonder what would happened to a tarot deck (especially if a spread was laid out) in that room!

HearthCricket

Well, the pewter version that I am working with now is my "rough and tumble" deck and anxious to get out into the world. I will definitely bring it to Sleepy Hollow for a proper haunting. I also want to read with it in the old Tavern Room at the Wayside Inn and the famous "Hobgoblin Hall", plus take it with me when we tour the attic of the Olde Manse. All places supposedly haunted by various ghosts and therefore it should feel like home. I am also anxious to use it right after midnight on Halloween (rather early November 1st) when I am most sensitive to the thinning of the veil and seem to easily walk between the worlds. It is my favourite time of the year! Next time we visit Salem, it and a few other decks are definitely coming with me!