Stalking by tarot?

scorpiana

i have this person in my life with whom i enjoy a love/hate relationship. i won't bore you with details, but lets say we were physically involved for a while and are not now.

trouble is, he reads tarot cards somewhat professionally (meaning, sometimes people pay him but its not his primary source of income) and he's constantly calling me to tell me what is going on in MY life as he's done a reading on me and sees such and such happening.

this is frankly, annoying, and mostly inaccurate. i have asked him to stop but he keeps doing it. i am really feeling stalked.

i put to you this question- can you do a reading for someone who is unwilling to have one done? its been my experience that in order to pick up on anything, your querent has to be somewhat willing. i have had a few reads in my time where i couldn't pick up on anything because my querent was very closed. any opinions?

Alpha-Omega

i guess if the person does not want a reading and is rellay closed off to it the tarot wont work out of respect for that person.

Savvy

I agree. That's like spying on someone.

shelikes2read

Savvy said:
I agree. That's like spying on someone.

Ditto. It's of no import, IMO, that his results miss the mark by a wide margin. The intent of prying into another person's business via tarot is unethical. Period.

I wish I knew a suggestion to make that would convince this person to stop. Is there someone he looks up to that could impress on that what he's doing is wrong?

Barbaras Ahajusts

shelikes2read said:
I wish I knew a suggestion to make that would convince this person to stop. Is there someone he looks up to that could impress on that what he's doing is wrong?

The swinging of a two by four comes to mind. })

Barb

Umbrae

Of course his readings are inaccurate, they are unasked for – unwarranted….

However – he’s got you going – he has your paranoia in gear – your concern/fear because of him is exactly what he wants…your reaction feeds him…gives him power.

Yeah a 2x4 upside the head could change that, so could moving and changing your phone number.

Or just not answering his calls, or his e-mails.

Timothy Leary once said, “If you want to change the way people respond to you, change the way you respond to people.”

In the movie “What The Bleep do We Know” we leaned that our thinking creates our universe.

So change your thinking – and he will be powerless.

Apollonia

I agree with Umbrae. In his excellent book "The Gift of Fear," Gavin De Becker (who assists celebrities who are being stalked) recommends not engaging the person in any way. Block his calls or let your answering machine take them, and as soon as you hear it's him, erase the call. If he emails you, erase the emails without reading them. He won't get what he's looking for, which is to rattle you and keep the energy going between the two of you. Whatever you do, do not discuss the readings with him, even to tell him he's wrong.

gorgeousbutterfly

Timothy Leary once said, “If you want to change the way people respond to you, change the way you respond to people.”

that isn't always true. i'm sure you can think of an incident where someone treated you in a way you would never have for another.

Grizabella

I think what Leary meant was that if we change the dance, then the people we've been dancing with either have to change, too, or fall out.

Every relationship involves predictable moves on the part of each person. If one person changes their mode of being, acting and reacting, then the other person has to either also change or get lost. I've found that they usually choose to get lost. So if you stop reacting to what he's doing----in fact, stop interacting with him at all---then he's left without the emotional satisfaction and payoffs that he gets from annoying you. Just make yourself unavailable and inccomunicado totally and if he resorts to really stalking you, get a stalking order of protection. :)

Abrac

scorpiana said:
i put to you this question- can you do a reading for someone who is unwilling to have one done?
Sure you can. But if you do, it's too smart to go and broadcast it.

If this guy is so insensitive as to force his opinons upon you without your consent, even after you told him you don't like it, then it's a pretty safe bet his readings can't be trusted.

Sounds kinda creepy.

Abrac