Stalking by tarot?

Kath

You can do readings for people without their consent and/or knowledge. The accuracy of that reading may be questionable, depending on your reasons for doing the reading.

As you said, this guy’s readings are inaccurate, probably because his intentions are not honourable. Next time he calls, tell him his readings are totally off base then hang up.

You are being stalked by this guy. I know it’s hard to keep away from him if you are both in the same grad school, but if you start screening calls and blocking his emails, it reduces his avenues of contact. Let your friends know he’s harassing you, and they may be able to keep an eye on him, or act as buffers if he tries to approach you on campus.

Elven

I think it is very possible to read around someone and be accurate - whether they are aware, open or not.
This is why I wonder if he is 'reading' around you at all, and not just pouring out something - like a reading - which will give you cause to 'react', and give him an excuse for contact.

If he is ringing and leaving messages - keep the messages - you will need them as proof that this is not all in your head when the time comes. You may want to write down some of the times and meetings which occur and whats said - but with this in mind - my 2 cents worth says that you need to be taking action against this in a serious manner.

Im thinging more about a 'reading' (or manipulation) from him which is scary, bad news, and downright dangerous. If you have changed anything in your life - even if its walking another way to the cafeteria because of his presence and his 'readngs' - he has effected your normal way of thinking - he and his presence (and these bloody readings) are in your head.

Be discreet about what you actually think and the action you take towards him - some stalkers try harder when they see that their 'game' is having an effect, and changing your behaviour is like playing a game with them - they want to work you out - they want themselves on your mind. He may change tactics - or as I mentioned - beef up the 'readings'.

Dont delay in taking some solid action - have people with you if he turns up so others witness his behaviour. Get someone else to answer the phone and/or take a message - if he does divulge this information to someone else - he is way out of line anyway.

Be clear of your intentions, and be confident and follow through on getting this stopped. Why he is motivated to do this to you is really unnerving! Enough is enough!!

I hope you get this sorted out very soon. The Lesser Banishing Ritual has worked wonders for me in keeping negative energy reflected away until I could do something substantial. Maybe this would help you at this time too.

(((((Prayers and protection to you - and a whole lot of strength to deal with this idiot!)))))

Blessings
Elven x

WalesWoman

scorpiana said:
i have changed my number. twice. the trouble is, he makes a point of seeking me out to impart his "very important information" to me (we go to the same grad school- hard to completely avoid him).

i try not to show annoyance and just ignore it, but i have asked him to stop contacting me, stop doing readings on my behalf, etc. no avail.

i am confident that he will stop as soon as he finds another person to creep out and it can't happen soon enough for me. but he does have me a little paranoid. i don't think he's really connecting with my on any real level to do these readings, but there is always that kernel of "what if.."
There is a lot of good advice given here.
There is legal recourse... because this is a form of stalking, harrassment and assault, because it has you creeped out. He may not be threatening you, but it is causing you to fear for your safety and well being, so it is assault and illegal.

You could ask the local authorities what is the best thing for you to do, especially since you have changed your phone number twice now and asked him to stop... possibly record the calls and be sure to state you want him to stop calling... and or screen your calls if you have an answering machine.

I do think it doesn't matter if a person is willing or not for someone to read about them... it can be done. He really shouldn't be doing it since you asked him not to... so if he won't respect that, then I don't know how much trust I would place in his readings for you. I think he's just getting back at you for breaking up and won't let it go.

You might tell him, you already did that reading and know what he's going to say... or that you had been expecting his call, but it's quite unneccessary because your reading's advice was to disregard anything he said and hang up.

scorpiana

(*for some reason i can't get this to quote but i am wondering if you can give me a brief synopsis of the lesser banishing ritual mentioned- i tried a protective ritual that i was taught years ago, but its not working too well..you can PM me if its redundant to another thread or if you need to impart this info privately.*)

i appreciate all the goodwill and support..i am aware of my legal options re: this situation, but unfortunately in New Orleans right now enforcement of stalking laws is pretty much at the bottom of the priority list. he hasn't threatened me or physically assaulted me and short of that, i am not going to get much response. its more just a sense of disquiet and annoyance.

i have a good support system and all my ducks in a row as far as who to call and what to do should something happen. i just feel like its a drain on my energy and i have been really sick with bacterial pneumonia for the last 2 weeks- this situation doesn't help much.

and i kept drawing the devil from the deck he gave me. its now buried in the back yard...

TenOfSwords

To me it sounds like he's so emotionally involved and obsessive about this that the only thing he's reading in the cards is his own feelings and his attitudes towards you.

Lady Orchard

a quick pop over to the "your readings" section will show that people do readings without the other knowing all the time....what are x's intentions, how does y feel etc etc.

but as others have said I don't think this is the issue here, it is his harrassment of you.
I know the law differs greatly in different places but I was recently being harassed by my ex; I contacted the police and they went round and saw him, and he signed something to say he can't contact me anymore.

the reason I went to the police was mostly because I wanted his behaviour logged should it get any worse. do you think you would be able to make a statement to the authorities, just so it's on file? maybe you could also have a word with someone at your college and make them aware of the situation too. it will certainly make you feel more in control.

other than that, as everybody else has said, the best thing you can do is ignore any contact he makes towards you, as no matter how you respond, even if it's with a "f*** off", some people will twist that into "proof" of your feelings etc. (by some people I mean him, not oher people!)

good luck