Storyworld Cards

IheartTarot

Brigid said:
Book depository has a few more sets than when I last looked!
Tales from the Haunted House.

I looked for this on their site and did not find it, so thanks for that! :)

I have ordered it from them as it could take forever to be available here.

Aulruna

Hmmm, could not find Tales of the Haunted House in Germany, but I NEED that one-!! So I might end up ordering from abroad.

Christmas Tales, Mad Professor's Workshop and Toy Box are on their way though :D

Liralen

Aulruna, can I ask where you found the other ones in Germany? Amazon doesn't seem to have them.

Brigid

IheartTarot said:
I looked for this on their site and did not find it, so thanks for that! :)

I have ordered it from them as it could take forever to be available here.

Yeah, they have taken the 'storyworld cards' out of the title, so it's not showing up in the basic search any more.
I have this problem with BD with many books/decks, I usually end up searching the author. That way they all come up. :)

Don't forget to look on both the .com and the .co.uk sites, price differences are ofter huge!

I'm still (im)patiently waiting for my Haunted House and Christmas Tales.
Hurrrrrry uuuuup! :D

Aulruna

Liralen said:
Aulruna, can I ask where you found the other ones in Germany? Amazon doesn't seem to have them.

Liralen, my local bookstore was able to order them! After realizing the issue with the title, we found the Haunted House, too :D

Brigid

Hi Aulruna, :)
I've sniped this from the other 'Storyworld thread', hope this is ok...

Aulruna said:
How is everyone using these now that so many sets are available?

I find I can't handle the whole stack of them any more!

One way is dividing them into several stacks and pull from all stacks... but I'm actually contemplating choosing favourite cards to work with.

I definitely do not want to pull out whole packs. I think this is getting more and more complete, representing elements and seasons...

I kept meaning to put decks together but just didn't in the end.
But your right, they do seem more complete now.
I think I might now mix them all up, put them all in a nice big basket, and just randomly pull out cards.

Or... separating them into interesting combinations and having a few boxes of them, for example, seasonal cards, spooky, action cards etc, etc.
I use them with my eleven year old son, so this second idea might work out better for us I think. :)

Liralen

Aulruna said:
Liralen, my local bookstore was able to order them! After realizing the issue with the title, we found the Haunted House, too :D

Oh, I never thought of going to an actual bookstore, what with all those online stores around :D! Thank you for the information, I'll try that, too :).

HearthCricket

Mine have arrived!!! So far I have just looked at the Tales of the Haunted House and I am very impressed. Far from being sugar candy sweet, though some are cute, overall they are rather dark and lovely! Cards are as follows:

The Witch (nice...I really love this card)
The Mummy
The Zombie
The Quaking Quagmire
The Headless Horseman (another favourite)
The Haunted Corridor
The Witches Brew
The Belfry Bats
The Vampire
The Werewolf
The Monster Hunter (hello ode to Steampunk!)
The Pumpkin Head (makes for a nice altar card)
The Trick
The Treat
The Nightmare (just gorgeous and looks like it belongs in a fairytale book...really all of these do)
The Magical Moonlight
The Haunted House
The Bloody Axe (see...careful what ones you actually share with kids)
The Runaway Eyeballs
The Friendly Ghost
The Endless Fog
The Spider's Web
The Kindly Stranger
The Scissor Man (not Edward, but rather a unique take, which I love)
The Flying Broomstick
The Forgotten Crypt
The Stake
The Silver Bullet

I really love these cards and the meanings that have been issued to them. It is a lot darker than the other ones, so good on that in giving more balance. I was disappointed that many of the scenes have snow in them, rather than the traditional Autumnal feel (at least around here) of brightly coloured trees, fields of cornstalks, bright mums, etc. But the artwork is so gorgeous I hardly care! I think everyone will be pleased with these!

Off to peek at other set and look over the books and play. Must say, I took a sneak peek at the Christmas Tales...lovely! Ode to Dickens and Old European flavour Christmas, magical as the nicest depicted Christmas cards can be. I will start using the Halloween ones now, with the other decks, but save Christmas for Nov.1st to Twelfth Night!

Aerin

Zelmira said:
I ordered both the Haunted House and the Christmas Tales, can't wait to see them. Zelmira

ok, so me too. There are more up for next year... Fairy Magic and Legends of the Sea.... although are those renamed ones or new ones I wonder???

Zelmira

Aerin:
I already got Faery Magic, so it may be a reprint. Now, I have one set that is called Stories of the Sea. The one you are mentioning could be the same one renamed or may be there is a Part II to it.
Zelmira