Swedish Witch Tarot on eBay

AJ

Pretty. She mentions 1st edition, which to me says there is a 2nd edition...anyone know?

WolfSpirit

The new edition also has blue borders instead of grey.

karen0205

The second edition is has bright blue borders and 2 dragonflies on the back, not 4. They are the same as the first deck except smaller, same illustration. ITs' nice but I prefer the grey version. I think it shows off the artwork better. I don't know if the second edition is out yet is it?
I haven't seen it on TG or anywhere else.

WolfSpirit

Oh yes, the second edition is out ! I ordered a back-up copy from Sweden and to my surprise, I got a deck with blue borders.
I must say the blue is growing on me. There is something to say for a bright border with a cheerful looking deck like this. And I find that over time, the grey became a bit blotchy. I think maybe this will not happen with the blue.
But I would have been really happy if they had made the borders much smaller, and the picture in the middle a bit bigger.

Sulis

karen0205 said:
The second edition is has bright blue borders and 2 dragonflies on the back, not 4. They are the same as the first deck except smaller, same illustration. ITs' nice but I prefer the grey version. I think it shows off the artwork better. I don't know if the second edition is out yet is it?
I haven't seen it on TG or anywhere else.

Oops sorry :) 2 dragonflies..

Wolfspirit said:
But I would have been really happy if they had made the borders much smaller, and the picture in the middle a bit bigger.
I completely agree. Why do they put huge borders like these on the cards, it baffles me? The images are so detailed too, it would be lovely to have them larger.

karen0205

I wish it had no borders. I like cards without borders. They seem to connect to each other better, like a story board.

These are such detailed drawings too, it would be nice to see them a little larger.

Why compete with the illustrations with a bold colored border? You can tell that the publishers don't really use these cards, just try to sell them. If they really used them they wouldn't want such bold borders. Just my opinion! :)

Eco74

It wasn't too long ago that the second edition became available in Sweden, so I guess it hasn't made its way to Tarot Garden or any other international market just yet.

Overall, I prefer the first edition, even though the backs are not entierly reversible on it. There is a difference in how the images are brought forward by the different color borders though, but some look better with the grey and others look better with the blue so as far as that, it's a tie.
My preference might be due to the fact that this was my very first deck though, and it doesn't look bad with the changes. Just a little different...

And I must say the asking price on that first edition does seem a little steep.

6 Haunted Days

Besides the recent reprint there is going to be an English reprint by AGM in March....