Seeking a borderless, wordless deck -- or one I can make

mosaica

I would like to have a deck that is nothing but pictures: No borders, no words, no distractions. Such a deck forces you to really LOOK at the pictures. The only way to get one, I assume, is probably by trimming.

I have the Morgan Greer, but the words are placed in many of the cards in such a way that you can't remove them.

I also have the Nigel Jackson, the Thoth, and the Druidcraft, all of which I could successfully trim down to bare pictures. The problem is that I don't like to read with any of those ones. I want a deck that consists of nothing but the bare essentials, *and* that I would love to read with.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Mosaica

BodhiSeed

I don't know of any borderless decks that have no words on them. I highly recommend trimming a deck that you enjoy reading with. Some I've trimmed and enjoy: Druidcraft, Thoth, Llewellyn, Archeon, Medieval Enchantment, Sharman-Caselli, Radiant Rider, and World Spirit.

Bodhran

Nina*

TdM doesn't have ''words'' on them. It has names on the 22 majors; like La Papesse, but...

Besides that it surely does consist of nothing but the bare essentials.

And I'd recommend the Noblet (78). :)

pippi

I trimmed my Mythic Tarot down to just pictures, no words whatsoever. It became a whole different deck. Before trimming, I never used it....and now I love it.

celticnoodle

mosaica, you can order blank tarot cards from US Games and company. Just do a google search for such--"blank tarot cards" and you should find them-or google the company. I may have the web address somewhere, if you have troubles, PM me, and I'll search for it. The blank cards, (last time I ordered them) were only about $8.00 for 72 cards. totally blank-ready for your own masterpieces! but, surely there are other decks out there to fit this bill. I'll think on it, and hopefully I'll be able to come back w/some more suggestions.

HearthCricket

Looking at your collection you seem to have quite a mixed style of decks you like. I would go to the cards section of AT (upper right hand corner) and just start browsing. I would look for something that really speaks to you and start making a list, and then go from there. Look for decks that have writing and numbers on the borders so you can trim them. That would probably be your best bet. :)

avalonian

The Radiant Rider Waite (as opposed to the other Rider Waite decks) conveniently has all names/numbers actually in the border making it a really good deck to remove the borders from. The colours are really bold and I would say (from experience) that the pictures really come to life when the borders are removed, and then the symbolism really jumps out at you.

If it doesn't have to be Tarot then the Soul Cards decks may be worth a look.

Emily

Many of the Lo Scarabeo decks can be made borderless and word-free, and they cater for all tastes. :)

Edited

I see you have the Liber T on your wishlist - this deck would make a great candidate for trimming down to the bare essentials.