Seeking a borderless, wordless deck -- or one I can make

Lillie

The dream power tarot has no titles.

It has skinny white borders, but you could cut them off dead easy.

thorhammer

Skysteel, I was going to mention the Langustl, as well.

I trimmed the Rohrig, it's awesome now. But it does have very subtle words worked into the art. Still looks great, though.

\m/ Kat

6 Haunted Days

mosaica said:
I I want a deck that consists of nothing but the bare essentials, *and* that I would love to read with.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Mosaica

How about The International Icon? It's the bare essentials and is an amazing reading deck! Very underrated but has some die hard fans. I just got it last week and it's unbelievable how the readings I've done with it just flow from the spread. It's a revolutionary deck.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/international-icon/

Debra

Yes, but the Langustl isn't published yet--we don't know how they'll deal with the words and borders!

mosaica

pippi said:
I trimmed my Mythic Tarot down to just pictures, no words whatsoever. It became a whole different deck. Before trimming, I never used it....and now I love it.

I have the Mythic and hadn't thought of trimming that one. I'll take another look at it. Thanks.

Mosaica

mosaica

avalonian said:
The Radiant Rider Waite (as opposed to the other Rider Waite decks) conveniently has all names/numbers actually in the border making it a really good deck to remove the borders from. The colours are really bold and I would say (from experience) that the pictures really come to life when the borders are removed, and then the symbolism really jumps out at you.

If it doesn't have to be Tarot then the Soul Cards decks may be worth a look.

Ooooh, I like both of these options. I have the Universal Waite, which I've been thinking of trimming, except that it would still have card titles and numbers on it. I'll definitely have to get the Radiant deck! And the Soul Cards look nice, too.

Mosaica

mosaica

bodhran said:
I don't know of any borderless decks that have no words on them. I highly recommend trimming a deck that you enjoy reading with. Some I've trimmed and enjoy: Druidcraft, Thoth, Llewellyn, Archeon, Medieval Enchantment, Sharman-Caselli, Radiant Rider, and World Spirit.

Bodhran

Thanks, Bodhran. Those are a lot of good suggestions.

Oh, and Pippi, you make a good point that a deck that I have, but previously have not enjoyed, may be made more enjoyable by removing the borders. I have several of the above decks, and if I don't read with them as they are, I may have nothing to lose by trimming them.

I just ordered the Tarot of the Crone and I'm a little disappointed that the new version has borders, when the old version didn't.

Mosaica

mosaica

6 Haunted Days said:
How about The International Icon?

That does look like a very cool deck, which I think I'm going to add to my "decks wanted" list, but you couldn't cut the numbers and titles off of it.

mosaica

Greenbeans, I checked out the link to borderless decks, but most of them have words or numbers in them that could not be removed. There were a few good ones there, though.

Emily, I'll check out Lo Scarabeo decks.

HearthCricket, I've done just what you suggested and begun a list of possibilities.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

Mosaica