Taking it all too seriously?

sleepingcat

I get fussed at for not taking things seriously enough. Tarot included.

I think i'd be cruxfied if I actually said "They're just cards" to some people.

But I agree with a lot of the statements here, the cards can be addictive and people can grow dependant on them. Dependancy on anything makes a person weak. Then if they lose the thing they've depended on, they topple.

What if the OP's friend's deck got janged up by some jerk? (no lie, I know people who will intentionally do this just to be mean and hurt somthing you've worked on and put yourself into, just for the 5 minutes of attention)

Or the deck became damaged and a replacement just wasnt working? Life cant grind to a halt.

It's cardboard, distributed by a board games manufacturer in most cases. This forum has taught me that, and the part that makes them speical comes from you.

I know how easy it is to start relying on the cards, I had to make a promise to myself not to use the cards with respect to relationships with my friends or family. Even if I know what's going on, they have no idea I know and it was NOT a substuite for a good talk. ...That's like Metagaming life and will get me in a lot of trouble.