Tarot and timing

nisaba

<grin>

Is he a "teenager" (anywhere from nine to twenty-nine)? They're like that. He'll grow out of it when he wakes up to the fact that sexy women think it's a very unattractive quality.

mysticangel_001

<grin>

Is he a "teenager" (anywhere from nine to twenty-nine)? They're like that. He'll grow out of it when he wakes up to the fact that sexy women think it's a very unattractive quality.

Yep, 23! LOL

That is his "current" problem...girlfriend broke up with him (almost a year ago) and he's not over it yet. Personally, I don't blame her for breaking up with his drama queen self! I wouldn't have lasted anywhere near as long as she did. Poor girl.

Michael Sternbach

I can't seem to get timing right, however, I did find this article on timing. I believe it's part of the Golden Dawn system:

http://supertarot.co.uk/timing-events/

Thank you Laurelle. It makes sense to use the Astrology that is inherent to Golden Dawn based decks for timing purposes. To what extent it holds true in practice remains to be seen.

tarotlova

Double Celtic Cross

I have used this spread on numerous occasions and have found it extremely accurate, I got it from The Complete Idiots Guide to Tarot & Fortune Telling.
You lay out the cards in the normal way for a celtic cross, but then you add another card next to each position for example;

1/20 The Querent what surrounds him/her
2/19 Favorable or unfavorable conditions
3/18 Foundation of the matter
4/17 Conditions passing away
5/16 Might materialize
6/15 What will occur
7/14 Negative feelings/fears
8/13 Others and the question,how they feel about it
9/12 What you have to go through
10/11 Final outcome

This spread is good for two fold questions such as, to use the example from the book; When will my new job occur and where?
The Major arcana don't give physical directions but the minor can-
Wands-South
Cups-West
Swords-North
Pentacles-East

You can change these directions to suit your hemisphere, I live in the southern but still use the above version with excellent results. Cards 6 & 10 give the sense of timing and possible direction, so if card 6 and it's cover card 15 are 6 pentacles/Ace Wands and 10 & 11 are The Hierophant/Knight Pentacles the original place of this persons work was east (as the first card drawn was the 8 Pentacles in the example in the book with Judgement) Since Pentacles = East and Wands= South 2 Pentacles and 1 Wand = South, southeast is where her new job will occur.

Now for the timing;
Cups=Days, Wands=Weeks, Pentacles=Months, Swords= Undetermined-it's up to you because your working it out in your mind.

Ace- through to 10, 1-10 days, weeks or months depending on card of course.
Page- 11 days, weeks or months
Knight- 12 days,weeks or months
Queen & King- unknown time it's up to you!
So using the above example 18 months, (the 6 Pentacles & Knight Pentacles) and 1 week (Ace Wands) she should get her job within that time frame!

But never forget choice & fate can and will step in!

mysticangel_001

Double Celtic Cross

I have used this spread on numerous occasions and have found it extremely accurate, I got it from The Complete Idiots Guide to Tarot & Fortune Telling.
You lay out the cards in the normal way for a celtic cross, but then you add another card next to each position for example;

1/20 The Querent what surrounds him/her
2/19 Favorable or unfavorable conditions
3/18 Foundation of the matter
4/17 Conditions passing away
5/16 Might materialize
6/15 What will occur
7/14 Negative feelings/fears
8/13 Others and the question,how they feel about it
9/12 What you have to go through
10/11 Final outcome

This spread is good for two fold questions such as, to use the example from the book; When will my new job occur and where?
The Major arcana don't give physical directions but the minor can-
Wands-South
Cups-West
Swords-North
Pentacles-East

You can change these directions to suit your hemisphere, I live in the southern but still use the above version with excellent results. Cards 6 & 10 give the sense of timing and possible direction, so if card 6 and it's cover card 15 are 6 pentacles/Ace Wands and 10 & 11 are The Hierophant/Knight Pentacles the original place of this persons work was east (as the first card drawn was the 8 Pentacles in the example in the book with Judgement) Since Pentacles = East and Wands= South 2 Pentacles and 1 Wand = South, southeast is where her new job will occur.

Now for the timing;
Cups=Days, Wands=Weeks, Pentacles=Months, Swords= Undetermined-it's up to you because your working it out in your mind.

Ace- through to 10, 1-10 days, weeks or months depending on card of course.
Page- 11 days, weeks or months
Knight- 12 days,weeks or months
Queen & King- unknown time it's up to you!
So using the above example 18 months, (the 6 Pentacles & Knight Pentacles) and 1 week (Ace Wands) she should get her job within that time frame!

But never forget choice & fate can and will step in!

Looks complicated...not sure I want to get that into it. LOL
Thank you though, I appreciate the idea and I might give it a try to see how it works.

Sulis

I change 'when' questions to 'what needs to happen before xxxx?'... Usually works fine..

Philistine

I change 'when' questions to 'what needs to happen before xxxx?'... Usually works fine..
Oh yes, this. I find "when" questions a bit too fortune-teller-y. It's basically predicting the future. That said, I occasionally indulge my inner gypsy and use the following timing method:

Choose a court card significator before shuffling. After the reading, spread the deck out face up and find the significator. If he looks right, the card directly adjacent to the right is the timing; if left, then the left card. I follow the traditional associations of suits and numbers with seasons and weeks. If the significator looks straight ahead at us, it's either "right now" or "up to you as to when".

But I think it's ultimately cheesy parlor trick type stuff, amusing in a way but not terribly serious.