Tarot Apps - Good idea?

frelkins

cirom said:
I will be showing the pre-launch version of mine next week at the tarot conference in New York which I believe will demonstrate those capabilities.

call me when you want an alpha tester, ciro. anything you build will be incredible. :D

cirom

frelkins, I'll keep you informed.

Its been a frustrating wait. I had pretty clear idea of what I personally felt a tarot app should offer for some time, but I did'nt have the programming skills to make it happen. I also did'nt want to be associated with a mediocre product either just to get on the band wagon, so I turned down a few offers and actually cancelled some earlier attempts. But fate has a way...... and I was contacted out of the blue... and finally got together with someone who had both the technical ability, was familiar with tarot and showed professional work ethic. i.e. took deadlines seriously and was willing to go the extra mile to "get it right".

I already have a working simulation on my phone, and so far so good. As I mentioned earlier, I'll demo it next weekend, and hopefully it will be presented to Apple within a month.

aja

Cirom (and anyone else)..there's a dearth of good Tarot apps for the Droid platform (hint hint)

cirom

To be honest its the touch screen ability and screen size that makes the iPhone the device of choice for now, as it permits an app, if its done well, to do a reasonable good job of simulating the use of a physical deck.

We do have intentions of adapting the app to other platforms, but this will have to wait until those other platforms provide additional development information.

By the way I personally think most of the apps out there are quite lame, but the one produced by notjonathon is very nice.

Anyway here are some screen captures from the upcoming Legacy.

Attachments

• ipl-screen1-.jpg
    ipl-screen1-.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 82
  • ipl-screen-4.jpg
    ipl-screen-4.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 75
  • ipl-screen-journal-.jpg
    ipl-screen-journal-.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 82

Manda

I have notjonathon's app on my iPhone, and I am so glad I paid $3.99 for it. Very affordable, and it performs quite well. It has given me many a good reading and daily draw when a deck was not practical. I do not read with reversals, so I just turn the cards over if they come out reversed.

I am much looking forward to Ciro's app as well, as Legacy of the Divine is my main reading deck these days, and it looks to be an amazing product.

cirom

I'm pleased to announce that a Legacy of the Divine Tarot app will soon be available for the iPhone and iPad. I consider it will set a new and high standard for this new media. It is not necessarily intended to replace a real physical deck, but we have invested a great deal of effort and thought into this project and we feel that it can serve as a very useful tool of convenience when the use of a real deck might be inappropriate or inconvenient. It simulates in a realistic way many of the characteristics of a physical deck but also provides many "extras".
What this app doesn't do is pretend to offer answers to your questions from a list of canned "meanings". But in one fundamental point its the same as a physical deck. Basically it remains a tool in your hand, a conduit....... The readings are done by YOU.

Respect for the Past .... Vision for the Future.

Features include
Rich detailed graphics.
Multiple Zoom in for up close study of each card.
1 minute animated video and music for each card.
Card of the Day
Drag cards to create any spread you wish (you are not limited to just choosing from a list of spreads)
Type and save your notes to a journal..
Retrieve and edit previously saved notes.
e-mail notes with a screen shot of the reading to clients and friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o53alQtVgmQ

214red

will definately add this link to my meetup.com group, thanks Ciro!

ilweran

From that list it looks like it has just about everything I want from a tarot app. I can't wait :D

aja

looks great...any possibility for an Android platform version?