Tarot Block

GypsyTarotGirl

Does this happen? For awhile the cards are boom boom boom easy to know and remember, and see, and read then one day you look at them like what? what? just cant seem to put the pieces together. I guess its some type of Tarot reading Block..Maybe need t stop and mediate and not do them until Im refreshed..Probably over tarot'eted LOL I know that's no such word but it was fun to say it anyway hahah...

Grizabella

The time when I most experienced this was back when I had saturated my mind with everything I could seem to gather from the cards by learning and then seemed to just stall out.

But then I just decided to relax and play with the cards for awhile. I took a little break, then just went back to it and went with the flow and stopped worrying about, "oh, do I have this right? What the heck did that mean again?" and just started letting myself wing it without having to have it "right". I played around with just letting whatever came to mind first be what I said. I played around with not letting reading by memorized meanings enter into it at all and seeing if I could just read using patterns of colors, which way cards faced and stuff like that. Everything started working then.

Libra8ca

I've also had tarot blocks in the past.... usually a break from tarot helps or a new deck :D :D. Though i find the more I study tarot, the less this happens.

Jaqueline

I've just recently had the block thing. I kinda got away from the cards, cause they just weren't making any sense, there was no flow - even though I knew what each card meant in a book sense, the story "for me" wasn't coming through. To break out of this, I got on a couple of the exchanges here on this site. Not sure how accurate of helpful I was, but it seemed better to me. I think it just happens periodically, not to worry.

GypsyTarotGirl

Thanks Everyone for the Tips and Reading.

I know that I had a 2 reading (practice) request that had me nervous because I really hate doing legal issue reading request. So that day I was just in total block so I didn't do readings for that whole day and when I put the kids to bed I meditated and then took a little nap woke up about 2am refreshed and I talked the one reading and then I went back to bed, Woke up this morning and to find out that the reading was right on and it helped her see where she was heading and it would be a new start for her and that's what she was looking for. So I felt a little better, I think I need to instead of trying to crash everyone reading in I need to step back and rest to gather my energy because I'm the type of person that loves helping people and sometimes I think I have to help them even if I'm tired or not. But I need to focus on myself so I can give them the best reading possible. So Yea again I'm a Student and I have A LOT to learn LOL...

littlestar

I tend to only get tarot block if i'm feeling stresssed our or i'm not to well, then i can't seem to read as well as i normally would, other than it doesn't happen to me.

NamasteIndia

this block is happening to me also now.
on this forum im able to read and give 50% results but i m not able to read face to face for anyone...i have lost confidence for that
also when im reading in person i get nervous so i completely stopped that part.
lately the forum readings are also not good enough...but i guess if i keep practising things will improve on its own.

Svengaard

Usually I've got no problems reading for most people. I feel like I'm right more often than wrong. For me the block comes when I'm reading for myself. Does really mean that? No, it can't. It must mean something else. . .

Other than that I've only froze once. I was doing a reading for a friend and she drew two of the cards I have trouble with using my favourite deck (7 of Swords and 6 of Wands in Sweet Twilight). Other than that I've either got no problems or I'm in denial.

Toxicmage

Yes it's happened many times before..and it's sort of awkward when it happens, you know?

Some days your just off your game. Last time it happened, I was doing a reading for a seeker in-person , and when I turned over the next card in the spread ( in this case it was the Justice card )..and I just froze.

Nothing came out of my mouth. And my mind was absolutley blank..I mean really!

I looked at the seeker I could see that he might be wondering if I saw something bad for him, or if I even knew the meaning of the Justice card.

The only thing I could muster-up to say was.." Your not presently in a lawsuit right now are you? " LOL! I would never said anything like that to a client, but you know..after I said that..I got right back into the flow and energy of the reading.

I've been using tarot since 87 so I certainly knew the meaning of the Justice card..but there are times when the brain just won't work when you want it to.