Tarot Constellations

MeeWah

Recommend posting the findings in Talking Tarot, where a more thorough discussion may be conducted :)

rwcarter

MeeWah said:
Recommend posting the findings in Talking Tarot, where a more thorough discussion may be conducted :)
Actually, I'm going to post them in the Ancient Egyptian Tarot Study Group since that's the deck I'll be using to study the constellations. ;)

Rodney

MeeWah

Oh. Sorry to be a wee slow on the uptake, but that makes sense :) Looking forward to it!

rwcarter

MeeWah said:
Oh. Sorry to be a wee slow on the uptake, but that makes sense :) Looking forward to it!
No problem. I'm still chugging away with this deck in the IDS and looking at every method I can find to help me better understand those cards that still don't speak to me.

And to stay on topic, I've done the application of the Tarot Constellations to my name and birth information. The Hermit is both my Personality and Soul card, but the Hierophant is my most represented constellation. (It appears twice as often as the Hermit.) Both cards make sense re who I am. I need to do a more in-depth analysis of the information I've found. I also need to find a musician who can play the musical correspondence of my name.

So far I think the book has some worthwhile info in it in case anyone who reads this is on the fence about trying to locate a copy of it. Again, I haven't looked in-depth at what MKG has to say about the individual constellations cause I wanna work that out for myself first with the AET. But once I've puzzled that information out of this deck, I will go back and read what she has to say.

Rodney

rwcarter

If anyone is interested in seeing how I've applied the foundation of the Tarot Constellations to the Ancient Egyptian Tarot, please see these threads in the Study Group:

Constellation of the Magician is here.

Constellation of the High Priestess is here.

Constellation of the Empress is here.

Constellation of the Emperor is here.

Constellation of the Hierophant is here.

Constellation of the Lovers is here.

Constellation of the Chariot is here.

Constellation of Strength is here.

Constellation of the Hermit is here.

Most of the associations and connections between the cards came rather easily, but I really struggled with some of them. But it was definitely a worthwhile experience and one that I plan on repeating with any deck that I study.

And FTR, I haven't actually bothered to go back and read what MKG wrote for most of the constellations themselves because I believe that information is specific to each deck. If you read this Mary, thank you for a wonderful resource that helped deepen my understanding of and ability to use my deck!

Rodney

rwcarter

It looks like everyone who's recently started an ISO thread for this book in the Trading forum has gotten one, so I don't feel bad about posting this here. There's an eBay auction # 380102050045 for this book. The auction ends 11 Feb and the starting price is $14.95, which is quite reasonable.

I'm not the seller, nor am I affiliated with the seller. I'm just making a PSA in case anyone who wants this OOP and very HTF book is interested. Mods, if this should be somewhere else, sorry.

Rodney