Tarot de Marseille - Reading Circle - September/October 2011 - Sign Up

Lumen

Mwahahahaha!})})}) You made me laugh dude.

Round Robin is when you have A B C D E readers. A reads for B, B reads for C, C reads for D, D reads for E and E reads for A.

In a round, get it? :D

Satori, go easy on Le_Charior; he is from Germany. The round robin there may be a hawk or something like that.

le_charior

rotkehlchen-runde

ok, got it! i never heard of that before, there is no similar expression in german, as far as i know. i knew what a robin is, it's this little bird, right?

http://www.tichyphoto.com/photo/rotkehlchen.jpg

it is called rotkehlchen in german. i like the expression round robin, even if i don't really understand what the little red birdies have to do with groups of this kind... do they tend to live in groups? or is it not the little birdie but some other kind of robin? robin hood? robin and batman? :) etymological explanations more than welcome!

but most importantly, don't worry about, I did not take it as an offense or anything! always happy to learn, and if there is a good laugh with it, even better! :)

if ok for everybody I will close the sign up on monday so we can get started! can't wait!

Richard

ok, got it! i never heard of that before, there is no similar expression in german, as far as i know. i knew what a robin is, it's this little bird, right?

I looked up "round robin" in Wikipedia and found this:

"The modern use of the term dates from the 17th Century French ruban rond (round ribbon). This described the practice of signatories to petitions against authority (usually Government officials petitioning the Crown) appending their names on a document in a non-hierarchical circle or ribbon pattern (and so disguising the order in which they have signed) so that none may be identified as a ring leader."

Manda

If we are signing up for Marseilles exchanges I want in, please!

le_charior

LRichard, thanks! So ruban or ribbon turned into robin at some point, nice!

And hello Manda, you are in! Good to have you!

le_charior

Ok, here we go!

Here are the 6 pairs for this round of the Tdm Circle:

Chiska and Luminosa
Lee and Lumen
Satori and jaled
Mnemonica and RexMalaki
Manda and BrightEye
Flaxen and le_charior

(Since we are 12 I used the Zodiac cards in my Minchiate to get the pairings. I assigned the signs in the Minchiate order corresponding to the order if sign up here in the thread, with me being last, shuffled them and lay them out in six pairs.)

Please create a new thread for your exchange in the Reading Circles forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=105 and name it something like "TdM - Sept/Oct 2011 - Your names". I will put the links in the first post of this thread so everybody can follow everybody's exchanges - and maybe we can get together here again and talk about how it went after we're done? I would like that.

Luminosa

Welcome everybody and Hi Chiska!