Tarot decks that went out of print while languishing on your wishlist

Rusty Neon

Are there any tarot decks that were on your wishlist but you waited so long to buy them that they went out of print before you go around to buying them?

In my case, it's

* Alchemical Tarot, by Robert Place (very out of print)
* Hermetic Tarot, by Dowson (very out of print)
* Rock N Roll Tarot, by Paradis (very out of print) - I'm really kicking myself over this one!
* Morgan's Tarot (very out of print) http://www.sleepbot.com/morgan/index_h.html

Another one that nearly went out of print on me TWICE was the Egipicios Kier Tarot (U.S. Games edition). I was anxiously awaiting the reprint, it happened, then I delayed, it went out of print again, but fortunately I was able to locate a remaining copy from a retailer on the other side of Canada.

Mimers

I almost missed my chance on the Buckland Romani. It had gone OOP, but I managed to find a copy at a local shop. whew!

I also wish I had an extra copy of Ancestral Path. I use the one I have often and when it wears out I would like to have another copy.

I missed the Ancient Egyptian the first go around, so when it came out the second time, I scapped it right up!

Mimi

lark

Oh my gosh Rusty I wish I would have realised the Hermetic was out of print!!!
I spent Saturday reading at a Pagen Festival and there was a guy with a booth and he had a big blue plastic box full of tarot decks for $10.00 a piece and he had about 5 Hermetic decks in there!!!!

I'm signed up to do another one at the end of April if he's there again I'll pick up any he has left and let you know.

Rusty Neon

lark said:
I spent Saturday reading at a Pagen Festival and there was a guy with a booth and he had a big blue plastic box full of tarot decks for $10.00 a piece and he had about 5 Hermetic decks in there!!!!

I'm signed up to do another one at the end of April if he's there again I'll pick up any he has left and let you know.

Lark,

Oh yes, please! do let me know.

Thanks
- Rusty

Grigori

lark said:

Did you know my birthday is in April Lark..... }) And since WolfSpirit shamelessly robbed me of my chance to have my very own copy of the Hermetic, I have been so sad :( *pathetic whimpering*

Of course why wait till the end of April. Surely you could track him down before then :D

Fulgour

lark said:
...he had a big blue plastic box...
I love big blue plastic boxes! but do fine without the Hermetic!
Now, let me see ~ my wish again wish list? It would be fun to
be able to go back '35' years and rediscover the head shops...
there's nothing like them around anymore. Y'know, now I think,
from around 1939 to 1972 Rider dissapeared off the Tarot map.
Where are all the editions that came out by other people then?

Still, I'm sortakinda thinking maybe a re-released Buckland Rom.
I have all the images on my computer though, and when it was
in the stores I snorted at the $35 price tag. So..maybe..not...

I know! Le Tarot de Jean Dodal. How did that one dissappear?
But then we have two here. This is hard! Somebody~ help! :)

Solandia

I had the Ancestral Path Tarot on my wishlist for years, and then it went out of print while I was waiting on buying it. I was very lucky though, and found a copy here in Australia last week :)

~ Solandia

catlin

Ok, I am still craving for a copy of:

- Buckland Romani (could kick my butt I never traded for it while here around)
- Norse Tarot by C. Barrett
- Ukiyoe Tarot

WolfSpirit

similia said:
And since WolfSpirit shamelessly robbed me of my chance to have my very own copy of the Hermetic, I have been so sad :( *pathetic whimpering*

This is so not true !
I will sue you for slander and have every Hermetic card taken away from you })

When I just came to Aeclectic people were talking about the Rock and Roll tarot which had just become available then, but there were so many other decks I wanted too. I realised too late it had become very very rare and ueber-expensive.