Tarot jigsaw puzzle!

Chronata

I think I'm wrong...this deck must appear in another form besides this puzzle...maybe you can tell me Gregory?

The only place where it says anything about the cards themselves...is in tiny print on the back of the box (it simply reads TAROT CARD DECK ART BY AMERIGO FOLCHI)

But I just had a peek at the booklet inside...and under Frequently Asked Questions it has this to say... :)

Are there other Tarot Decks?

Yes, there are many, available in most bookstores and elsewhere. GFor reviews of hundreds of decks, including the one used in this puzzle, go to http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/

Heh. A nifty little plug there...so this Folchi deck exists somewhere on this site!

Here's some random cards that I have scanned...I am eager to discover which deck this is too!

Attachments

• puzzle tarot.jpg
    puzzle tarot.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 70

OakDragon

That first puzzle with Ciro's images looks awfully suspicious to me, not like something he would do, especially since its not on his site and he hasn't mentioned it before. I've PM'd him about it to see what he says.

gregory

Chronata said:
I think I'm wrong...this deck must appear in another form besides this puzzle...maybe you can tell me Gregory?

The only place where it says anything about the cards themselves...is in tiny print on the back of the box (it simply reads TAROT CARD DECK ART BY AMERIGO FOLCHI)

Here's some random cards that I have scanned...I am eager to discover which deck this is too!
OK - it's the Storico della Citta di Ferrara. Now we all know. Thanks for that - I couldn't get a decent view of the cards at all !

cirom

Jig saw puzzle

OakDragon said:
That first puzzle with Ciro's images looks awfully suspicious to me.

Hi Oakie, The puzzle itself is not on my web site but the image is a licensed use by a third party, of my Gilded Tarot Poster. http://www.ciromarchetti.com/ciro/gt_poster/index.html

Nevertheless, thanks for the heads up. Just a few weeks ago another member here at Aeclectic brought to my attention other uses of the Gilded, which did turn out to be without permission. Normally I'm pretty flexible about this sort of thing, and there are various web sites using my images in exchange for a simple credit or link to my site, but on that occasion there was no reference or permission and it was being used commercially. So I appreciate your gesture and allowing me to double check.

Chronata

gregory said:
OK - it's the Storico della Citta di Ferrara. Now we all know. Thanks for that - I couldn't get a decent view of the cards at all !

Cool! Mystery solved!

thanks, Gregory!

I had a feeling that this was a deck that you just happened to have in your collection. :D

gregory

Chronata said:
Cool! Mystery solved!

thanks, Gregory!

I had a feeling that this was a deck that you just happened to have in your collection. :D
I just happen to have quite a lot of stuff........ Hmmmmmmmmmmm ! :cool4:

Emeraldgirl

Wow what a fantastic Xmas prensent that could be. Now I have to work out how many of these i will need :rolleyes:

WhiteRaven

Pipistrelle said:
WhiteRaven....isn't this company in Canada?
http://www.jigboxx.com/jps/su05091.html

Pip

Thanks Pip.....this place will ship to Canada....but the price is expensive...it would be cheaper to get a friend from the States to buy it and ship it to me..I think some of these places over charge for shipping and keep the change if you get my drift. Even with the exchange rate it still would be cheaper to get a friend to buy it for me.

Thanks tho...I have bookmarked the site in case I do need it in the future! :)

tarotbear

Resurrecting this thread

Hi! I just put the puzzle back together - I was moving things in my storage unit and found prieces of puzzle on the floor - so I re-assembled this puzzle.

As mentioned earlier in this old thread {sounds like a TV show 'This Old Thread'!} the included instruction booklet actually states "For reviews of hundreds of decks, including the one used in this puzzle, go to http:/www.aeclectic.net/tarot " :D !!!

The cards are heavy and clunky and cut from puzzle board stock. Each card has a red marker and when you lay the cards out on top of the 10 spaces in the completed puzzle, the arrow lines up with a sentence, giving you the 'meaning' for your card in that location.

I took pictures this time:

Attachments

• IMG_001.JPG
    IMG_001.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_003.JPG
    IMG_003.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_004.JPG
    IMG_004.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_005.JPG