Tarot Journal

fairykisses

Hello all,

I am new here but thought I would start a topic about Tarot journals which is a personal passion of mine. I see Tarot as a tool for self discovery and my journals as a place to document that self-discovery. I also feelt hat Tarot taps my subconscious at its deepest level as does the writing process.

Do you use a notebook, dayplanner, blog, pre-printed blank book to journal?
Are there any Tarot/journaling exercises that you have used?
Do you know of any books on this topic?

Love and light to all,
Lori

Pook

Oh my goodnes!! There are so many ways of journaling for tarot! I have tried many times to organize a journal for myself, but always end up using a plain spiral notebook to write down everything that comes to mind.

There are, however, many threads on journaling here.All you have to do is use the search function and type in the word 'journal'.

Here are a couple of recent ones, but there are many more......

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=34816&highlight=journal

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=3463&highlight=journal

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=2236&highlight=journal

I hope that helps a little....by the way...stop over at the 'New Members' area and introduce yourself...

SunChariot

fairykisses said:
Hello all,

I am new here but thought I would start a topic about Tarot journals which is a personal passion of mine. I see Tarot as a tool for self discovery and my journals as a place to document that self-discovery. I also feelt hat Tarot taps my subconscious at its deepest level as does the writing process.

Do you use a notebook, dayplanner, blog, pre-printed blank book to journal?
Are there any Tarot/journaling exercises that you have used?
Do you know of any books on this topic?

Love and light to all,
Lori

Hi Lori,

I love your name (fairykisses) :)

I am just the same as you, you could have been describing me with your letter. :)

I type my journal entries after my readings are done. I can never read my handwriting. LOL

So my journals are binders. Just a bunch of binders and my trusty hole punch. :) I have some pretty ones though. They are gold with holographic stars on them.

I like to have the readings in typed format also because I tend to add into the end of my readings any Internet articles and pictures that I find related to the subject of the reading, that might shed additional light on the subject. When it is all on the computer you can just copy and paste things from anywhere easily. I add all kind of things in at the end, any horoscopes saying the same thing as my reading go in as well. Anything related or showing any kind of syncronicity goes in. Postcards that show up at the same time showing the theme of the reading....I like keeping it all, it reminds me of the syncronicity of the world and the beauty of it.

A great book for you for Tarot exercises (my favourite Tarot book) is:
Tarot for Self Discovery, by Nina Lee Braden. The whole book is composed of different exercises for different situations. They are easy to do but very revealing. I have learnt alot from them all that I did not know about myself. Most that I have done have sparked a whole series of additional Tarot readings.

Love and light to you too. :) And to everyone here as well:)

Bar

dadsnook2000

Use the search engine

fairykisses, this topic has always gathered a lot of good suggestions and resulted in a lot of threads. If you use the search engine you will find a large number of prior threads, some of them quite recent.

One of my favorites is "how do people organise their journals" in which one list member notes a free software program that is specifically applicable to journaling. The software is called TreeDBnotes and there is a link there to reach and download the software. Essentially, the software lets you set up a book with chapter and sub-chapter structures so that you can go to an index and jump to a specific topic and page. I've set up a general structure for my card pages, another for spreads, etc.

The good thing about this is that you can copy and paste anything you see here or elsewhere directly into your journal, saving a lot of typing. You can also edit it and change it any way just as you would in a word processor. Dave.

sharpchick

Oh my

I'd hate for any of you to see the condition of my tarot journals. . . Organization - forget it. I do use post-it flags of different colors to mark pages where I've recorded spreads that I use over and over again (one of my favorites is the New Moon Spread, which I do every New Moon).

I have used books sold as journals (with the word on the front), but in the end, I like a spiral bound notebook that stays open flat when I write in it.

ocho8s

Welcome to ATF fairykisses

I am a newbie also and I bought a nice notebook and began writting since my first celtic cross reading that I did for me, I also draw a card every day and I write which one on my daily planner so after a month and then after a year I can check how many times I got the same card or do some statistics.
thank you for starting this thread I am going to check the old ones and see if I can get more tips
Blessings
Anaoly

Michelle

Hi Fairykisses ~

I love your name, also :).

I have been trying to keep a tarot journal off and on for a few years . I recently started taking a tarot class and part of our homework is to do a written tarot meditation.
I thought this would be a good time to finally start (and keep up with) a journal. I'm just using a spiral notebook.

For Christmas my daughter got me the Goddess Tarot datebook and I have begun using that for daily draws. Although it is so nice -I almost hate to write in it.

I hope you enjoy your time here !!

KathleenC

I like exercise books so that I don't lose anything, but I also use a writing pad so I can rearrange pages in order when I explore different aspects of the tarot. I always intend to keep a separate book just for readings, but I never stick to it. Sometimes I write on whatever happens to be lying around. I have one reading I did five years ago on the back of an electricity bill. I have always been this way. At school I always had the messiest book out of all the girls, and most of the boys. As long as you can find it to read it again when you want to. That is all that matters.

Chara

Well, my journal is an actual journal...it was sort of a spur of the moment buy, and at the time, I'd had no idea that other people had tarot journals, because this is the first contact I've had with any other readers...

I was at Barnes & Noble, and looking at the sale items. I picked up a beautiful journal that has red binding, and tarot cards printed all over it (I may scan it one day, because the cards look hauntingly familiar - all majors - but I can't really place them. They "look" old, but you can't trust that, I suppose!). It was gorgeous! (And still is!)

I decided I'd buy it, and write down the readings I did with it, so that I wouldn't have incidents like one I'd had just before the trip, when someone I'd given a reading to months before came back and asked, "What did it say? I don't remember, and I think it may be right." Ack!

The journal was bought, I thought I was a genius for having a tarot journal, and then I stumbled across this place, and now I'm a bit less big headed about my brilliant idea...

So, that's all I really use the journal for now, to keep track of readings. Now that I know others are out there, and all of the cool stuff they do with their journals, I want to buy another journal (or possibly a binder), just for exercises and meditation, as this one would run out of room quickly if I did that!

Emily

I've had so many starts and stops at trying to keep a Journal that I think I am destined never to have one. So the closest thing I have is a couple of A5 ring binders that I have jotted notes down into - not really my idea of a fully functioning tarot journal but better than nothing.

I start out with good intentions but never seem to keep them going. I'm reading Joan Bunnings 'Learn Tarot' and for the study work on that I pinched one of my sons exercise books. :)

My ideal Journal would have the basics of date, time and what deck, the spread, who was the reading for, how many Majors, how many Minors, numerological aspects of each card, a break down of the spread, what the reading meant to me, my feelings on the spread and then a space where I could come back later and add extra feelings and thoughts - See I have it all worked out, now why can't I do it on paper lol :)