Tarot of the Angels - Lo Scarabeo- Yum

Freddie

Tarot of the Angels - Lo Scarabeo- Quality Candy Floss

Hi all,

After years of trying to get this deck, it has finally came today. It is not OOP, but everytime I ordered it something went wrong lol.... This time the deck should have came in the post in two days tops, alas it took a month.

This deck is awesome in person and looks far superior to the online scans. The blue borders are a lovely baby blue and the backs do not look as tacky as they do in scans. I surmize the cards look better due to them having a very light satin sheen tro them, unlike some Lo Scarabeo decks which are quite shiny (not a bad shiny though). I have never seen Lo Scarabeo do a deckl in this type of lush satin finish and it really suits the colours used in it.

I recently lost my mother and I drew a card concerning this situation and got 'Strength', boy does that fit right now. The 'Strength' card is a good example of how this deck captures the Angel theme without going into ultra fluffy la-la land.

I believe I will treasure this deck and it seems like just the right deck for this troubling time. I recommend it to others who like Angels, but feel maybe the other Angel decks are too unbelievable. This deck would be okay for anyone, not just Christians..the overall Angel theme is much wider than that in this pack.

Blessings

Freddie

P.S.: This is good high quality Candy Floss or Cotton Candy as it is called in the good old USA. This is like the purple grape flavor..it is rare to find, cool to look at and tastes so exotic lol...

Attachments

• 8f9b_12.jpg
    8f9b_12.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 181
  • db_EN07-_XI_-_Die_Starke1.jpg
    db_EN07-_XI_-_Die_Starke1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 178

Queen of Disks

first of all, I am sorry for your loss. :heart:

I always tell people that if you don't like Doreen Virtue, get this instead. It's the best angel deck out there in my opinion. (Place's Angels looks pretty cool too, but it's OOP and out of my price range. :( ) The angels in this deck don't just hover there and look pretty, they do things, protect people and fight evil angels. This is not a fluffy deck at all.

All of the cards are great. The cards aren't just random symbols, they show situations that make you think. I like the blue colors and the really nice backs too.

I also like the Strength card, ("Down, Boy!!" :p ) The Fool card is amazing, it shows a young man half angel and half demon walking the fine line in between the two. The Lovers is the RWS Lovers taken to it's conclusion with Adam and Eve having messed up and being evicted from Eden. The Nine of Wands is awesome (a man looks at his burned house, while his guardian angel is behind him with scorched wings.)

There's so many good ones, it's hard to pick which ones! I love this deck very much!!

BelovedK

You just enabled me. Looks like a great deck :)

Vesper

I'm sorry for your loss, Freddie.

Thanks for the pictures. You've just enabled me, too. I was worried I would hate the blue borders and the pretentious backs, but you've reassured me. I just picked up this deck from the trading forum. Will come back with my impressions when it arrives.

BelovedK

I just received it, going to go through it tonight!

Freddie

Thanks to all concerning my mother.

I hope you all like the deck. I too wondered about the blue borders, but it is a quiet meditative shade and the white orbs seem to keep the images from feeling too claustrophobic. I like how the borders and backs fit well into the colour scheme of the deck as it seems to me that quite a few decks have too many clashing colours. This deck seems like a 'sleeper' for Lo Scarabeo, because there is not alot of information about it, but it looks as if a lot of time and money went into making it.

Some of images are somewhat Rider-Waite based, but some of the symbolism goes right back to Levi, Papus and Wirth. The Moon card is a good example of this. This deck is old school in many ways, because it seems to say that we human terrestrials receive angelic help when we help ourselves (unless of course we are children, ill or disabled etc). This a refreshing break from modern angel lore in which some people demand and command Angels to obey them. Humans are not their boss. Would you respond if you were an angel and that famous angel lady or some other occult practitioner spoke to you like that. I wouldn't. "Please angel insert your vacuum cleaner hose into my charka to clear it", "Please Michael give me more money and power to lead a happy life"...... I am not knocking the angel movement (in fact I quite like it), but some of us angels boys/girls do not buy into all of this unethical 'help me angel', but I don't want to work at it or sacrifice for it nonsense. Papus or Wirth would give us a boot up the backside for that type of attitude.

The Giorano Berti book is quite good and it gives an oracle type of spin on the deck. Berti gives angel types of interpretations and suggests to draw one a day. The meanings are quite insightful and provide clear answers when using the cards in any kind of question spread. I have my own angel spread I developed years ago and have found the advice Berti attributes to each card helpful and entertaining. He also gives historical evidence of angel belief in the some of the most popular belief systems on our planet. I quite enjoy his work and wish he would do a full book on this deck.

Freddie

Attachments

• db_EN07-_Schwerter_031.jpg
    db_EN07-_Schwerter_031.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 112
  • db_EN07-_XIIII_-_Die_Massigkeit1.jpg
    db_EN07-_XIIII_-_Die_Massigkeit1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 109
  • db_EN07-_Schwerter_061.jpg
    db_EN07-_Schwerter_061.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 122
  • db_EN07-_XVIII_-_Der_Mond1.jpg
    db_EN07-_XVIII_-_Der_Mond1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 110

Vesper

I just got the deck yesterday. I went through the LWB while looking at the cards, but I found myself feeling irritated at the preachy tone of the English translation. Not that I like Doreen Virtue's new age style better. I'm not sure what I'm looking for in this genre of tarot interpretations. I guess Robert Place's Angel Tarot remains my favorite angel deck. (Though I'm really looking forward to the Watcher Angel tarot set to come out this fall.)

I really wanted some information about the images. Which Lo Scarabeo never gives.

For example, the King of Swords is pictured with his sword in hand and a baby in front of him, recalling the judgement of Solomon, who offered to cut a baby in half, when two women disputed over it. The book of Solomon is one of the sources the LWB refers to, and I guess it's time to reread it. I've never heard of the other source mentioned, Ben Sira? Something like that.

I wish the LWB would have given a custom spread for this deck, too.

Can you give your spread, Freddie? (If it's not too personal.)

Queen of Disks

I never read the LWB, looks like I am not missing too much. :bugeyed: (I usually don't read the LWBs anyway.) I usually just figure out my own meanings for things.

Freddie

I just got the deck yesterday. I went through the LWB while looking at the cards, but I found myself feeling irritated at the preachy tone of the English translation. Not that I like Doreen Virtue's new age style better. I'm not sure what I'm looking for in this genre of tarot interpretations. I guess Robert Place's Angel Tarot remains my favorite angel deck. (Though I'm really looking forward to the Watcher Angel tarot set to come out this fall.)

I really wanted some information about the images. Which Lo Scarabeo never gives.

For example, the King of Swords is pictured with his sword in hand and a baby in front of him, recalling the judgement of Solomon, who offered to cut a baby in half, when two women disputed over it. The book of Solomon is one of the sources the LWB refers to, and I guess it's time to reread it. I've never heard of the other source mentioned, Ben Sira? Something like that.

I wish the LWB would have given a custom spread for this deck, too.

Can you give your spread, Freddie? (If it's not too personal.)

Hi Vesper,

I agree the LWB should contain more background information and offer divinatory meanings instead of just oracle type meanings (a card a day). Berti's short, but sometimes bitchy (but truthful, at least they feel truthful to me) oracle meanings for this deck do give some insight on what he wants the image to convey. Some of the images do seem to refer to stories from the bible and it would have been nice for the LWB to enlighten us on which stories they are based on. Most of the images just seem to me to be be an angelic illumination of the Tarot pack (mostly Rider-Waite).

For general purposes, I think Rider-Waite meanings suit this deck quite well. As for the angels, this is a subject of debate, but I just try to connect with the their images within this deck, use my intuition and allow them to convey their messages. I have studied angels for quite a long time and could not correlate most of the cards cards to any specific angel, unless by ranking of hierarchy. That to me is the beauty of this deck, it does away with a lot of the redundant modern dogma and ritualization of angel worship. Maybe I am wrong and the deck should have used specific angels. Maybe this why it seems to be well below the surface in comparision to other Lo Scarabeo decks.

I will PM you about the Angel spread soon.

Freddie

Freddie

I never read the LWB, looks like I am not missing too much. :bugeyed: (I usually don't read the LWBs anyway.) I usually just figure out my own meanings for things.

Yes Queen of Disks, I think this is great advice and this deck is a good one for this.

Freddie