Tarot of the Hidden Realm

lalalibra

The longer I have this deck, the more connected to it I feel. I always loved it but I admit that I stopped using it as frequently for some time and I'm not really sure why exactly. I'd only use it from time to time. I do go through phases with some of my decks though. But I've suddenly felt very drawn to it again and lately I've been using it everyday.

This deck is so powerful and so moving. What I love about it is how sensual it is - and I don't mean in a strictly sexual way - I really mean sensual in every sense of the word... There's this overwhelming intensity and yet there's this subtlety... the facial expressions, the body language... Every card has such a distinct atmosphere and the way she used one overall color for each card is part of what helps to make that atmosphere so very tangible.

It's such a "feeling" deck. I still stand by what I said about how great it is for delving into the emotions - especially the thoughts or emotions that have potentially been repressed, hidden from our awareness. And what I love about this deck is how refreshingly obvious it is that we can't possibly delegate a specific attribute to correspond to a specific suit in a way that's rigid and inflexible or limiting. You can't pick up this deck, for example, and say that "Oh, well Cups is the suit that's more about emotions..." because every card is so damn FULL of emotion. I don't mean to imply that other decks are simplistic in comparison or that other people typically have such a narrow view of the elements, but what I am trying to convey is that this deck presents that kind of understanding in a way that is much more accessible, or at least, more readily apparent to me. Every card is so full of energy. It's a faery deck and yet it does such a wonderful job of encompassing the breadth of the human experience - but it is very faery in how it feels and what it does (at least according to my personal impressions/beliefs about faeries). This deck is really special. There's no other deck like it.

GlitterNova

I've got a question for those who own this deck: How much nudity is in this deck? I'm heavily considering getting this deck because of the beautiful artwork and expressive cards, however I need a deck that will be somewhat family-friendly. My last deck was pretty heavy on the lady-bits, so I figure it's good to balance things out :D I've seen the World card and am fine with it, but are there any other cards with nudity? Thanks!

LunarWolf

I've got a question for those who own this deck: How much nudity is in this deck? I'm heavily considering getting this deck because of the beautiful artwork and expressive cards, however I need a deck that will be somewhat family-friendly. My last deck was pretty heavy on the lady-bits, so I figure it's good to balance things out :D I've seen the World card and am fine with it, but are there any other cards with nudity? Thanks!

Hi,

There's not much nudity at all. (I'm assuming you don't mean the men being shirtless.) The most revealing card is The World, which you mentioned. Other than The World, there are 2 or 3 cards where the women have see-through type tops on so they're a little revealing (Temperance, Seven of Wands and Page of Swords). Other than that, no nudity.

It really is a beautiful deck. I'm sure you'll be happy if you buy it.

GlitterNova

Hi,

There's not much nudity at all. (I'm assuming you don't mean the men being shirtless.) The most revealing card is The World, which you mentioned. Other than The World, there are 2 or 3 cards where the women have see-through type tops on so they're a little revealing (Temperance, Seven of Wands and Page of Swords). Other than that, no nudity.

It really is a beautiful deck. I'm sure you'll be happy if you buy it.

Alright, thanks for the info.

Sassenach

You can actually get lost in the eyes of the faeries. They seem to touch the soul.

LunarWolf

You can actually get lost in the eyes of the faeries. They seem to touch the soul.

I agree. I feel like they're looking right through me. They're captivating.

I have to admit, though, that I still have trouble doing readings with these cards. But I blame my own insecurities since I'm still new to Tarot and used to decks with more "information" in the images. I'm going to do a one-week deck challenge with Hidden Realm this week to get more comfortable with it and hopefully bond more with the images.

Sassenach

LunarWolf...Play so nice soft Celtic music in the background. That seems to set the mood a little better for this deck.

DruidCraft is more like bagpipes! Love them too.

May Your Day Be Blessed,
Sassenach

LunarWolf

LunarWolf...Play so nice soft Celtic music in the background. That seems to set the mood a little better for this deck.

DruidCraft is more like bagpipes! Love them too.

May Your Day Be Blessed,
Sassenach

Sassenach,

What a great idea! I will do some research and buy a CD. Thanks for the suggestion.

LW

La Hierbera

While there are numerous images I absolutely adore, there are a handful of cards that I dread coming up, because they really rub me the wrong way. I don't spend much time with this deck as a result.

The worst for me, is The Magician. He looks so dirty and pervy, like your friend's unemployed, older, stoner brother that lives in his van or his parent's basement. In this card it looks like he is greeting you, opening his robe to reveal his naked body beneath, while uttering some cheezy line like "c'mon baby, let's make some magic together". *shudder*

http://www.greenwomanways.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Magician.jpg

I just....I just can't.