Tarot of the Holy Light

Myrrha

I was hoping someone could let me know how what meaning the deck uses for the Nine of Saords and the Four of Coins, which imight be mentioned in the LWB.

Bluefeet

I was hoping someone could let me know how what meaning the deck uses for the Nine of Saords and the Four of Coins, which imight be mentioned in the LWB.

From the LWB:
Nine of Swords - Bondage, restriction, fear and frustration, shame, powerlessness. Renunciation, repentance, metanoia. reverse; payback, mortification, forced compromise.

Four of Disks - Incubation, advancement, forced growth, seek guidance from experienced hands, avidity, precocious, challenged to excel. reverse; immaturity, boot camp, melting under harsh conditions, fear of change.

I think the basic keywords mentioned in the LWB are applicable to RWS based decks too. The companion book might be more helpful if you are digging into the card meanings. ;)

Myrrha

Thank you, EnchantedShadow.
A couple of the keywords for the Nine of Swords are similar to the Etteilla meanings but I don't see it in the others.

toj

Got the app and it looks beautiful on my iPad. Contemplating getting the deck now.

Myrrha

Interesting that the keywords quoted don't seem as rationalized as the Golden Dawn meanings. They have some of that clunky, intuitive, "doesn't all fit together and make sense" quality that the Etteilla meanings have (not a criticism).

I asked my Etteilla deck if Tarot of the Holy light is a good deck for me and it answered "Four Swords (rev)- Economy, remember money is very tight right now and there are expenses coming up in the future" and "Queen of swords (rev) the deck will irritate you and besides there are other tarot studies you were focussing on".

Of course I'm not sure how objective one deck is when it comes to questions about another...;)

Maybe I will just wait and get the book.

kwaw

I also don't see how it could be following the same "grid" or structure of meanings as Etteilla when the order of the majors is so different and it doesn't put the days of creation at the beginning of the deck.

The supposed Etteilla AAN grid confuses me too, I can't see it and would love to have some more elucidation on that aspect.

GnosticTarotCards

The Tarot of the Holy Light - Highlights the Jacob Boehme era of spiritual development. Particularly as it relates to Alchemy. This AAN (Astro-Alpha Numerical) system is the core of any mystery school and is purely initiatic on its most basic level .

What does mystery mean? on this basis it would be those things that are 'hidden' from our everyday, common way of living. The mysteries are liturgical , ritualistic, and have a basis of Shamanism , and are symbolic in nature.

What is Initation? Initiation among other things means "expansion of conciousness" . When we are using the tarot, our minds and perceptions are expanding beyond what is usually paid attention to . This creates another 'altered perception' and refers to a hightened sensibility toward all that is mysterious or occult 'hidden".

It was said that I might want to spend more time in this thread, and if those who are interested in this Study want to create a study thread, so be it.

DeToX

Does the LWB mention what original artwork was used in producing the deck? I am interested if there is a book or selection of books that contain the artwork that the collage was based upon.

Maskelyne

Does the LWB mention what original artwork was used in producing the deck? I am interested if there is a book or selection of books that contain the artwork that the collage was based upon.

The LWB is pretty minimalist and doesn't say anything about the images. Robert Place's Alchemy and the Tarot has a few of the source images, as he mined the same material for his Alchemical Tarot. Also, the Alchemy Web Site has a selection of images and links to more resources.

Le Fanu

You need this book.

it has many of the source materials.