Tarot Spread, Kinda Lost

Nholdamek

Hmm, I've never heard of the type of card counting you are talking about. The type Crowley did is used in the OOTK spread, where you lay out the spread as normal in a horseshoe layout and count starting at one card, counting so many cards depending on the type of that card.

TarotBoy

Can you show me a demonstration ribbitcat...?

Sulis

TarotBoy said:
Can you show me a demonstration ribbitcat...?

Hi TarotBoy,

I don't use a card counting system myself, I just draw random cards from within the deck.
From what I read of Ribbitcat's post, she doesn't actually use a system to count cards herself.

I did a google search and came up with this: http://www.supertarot.co.uk/ed/count.htm - You may find it useful. If not, maybe you should try taking a look around the net, you may just find what you're looking for.

ribbitcat

Hi Tarot Boy :)

Well, I went an dug around in some of my packing boxes (and re-discovered some good stuff - so thanks ! :) And found that Kaplan describes dealing for a 'Seventh Card Spread" as so :

" The Questioner removes from the full deck one Court card (King, Queen, Cavalier, or Page) representing himself and places this Key card on the table face upwards, leaving room to the left for seven more cards.

The Questioner shuffles the cards face down and hands the pack to the Diviner who places the top card face up to the left of the Key card, then the seventh card from the pack, the fourteenth card from it, the twnety-first card, and so on, until the Diviner has drawn a total of twenty-one cards by taking every seventh card. While dealing the cards the Diviner returns the unused cards to the bottom of the pack. The twenty-one cards are arranged in rows of seven cards each, from right to left, and always to the left of the Key card. The Diviner reads the meaning of each card from right to left, both individual cards and groups of cards.

**7**6**5**4**3**2*1**Key Card
*14**13*12*11*10**9*8*
*21**20*19*18*17*16*15*

from "Fortune-Telling with Tarot Cards"

The LWB of the Grand Etteilla deck goes as follows:

"To start off you first shuffle the cards and then ask your consultant to cut the pack with the left hand; then you take five carda at a time, the last or fifth one on the table is turned face upwards and this process is continued until there are at least thirty-three cards or at the most forty-five cards placed in a file.
You count one, two, three, four five, six, seven cards and interpret this seventh card and reveal its predictions. You then go on to the fourteenth card and find out its predictions and to go on to every seventh card until you have gone through the pack five times.
If by chance you had thirty-five or forty-two cards which make five times seven the consultant will need to draw another card leaving it face downwards to the added on the other cards already on to the table (sic) so that the second round you do not fall upon the cards that have already been interpreted in the first round."

Phew ! Let me know how/if either of these methods work for you, Gunga Din ;-)

ribbit

ribbitcat

Hi Tarot Boy :)

There's an article in the latest TABI Ezine - a lady who uses the 36 card Lenormand; she uses numerology & combinations to give just such a reading as you are looking for ...perhaps, write to the Editor for more info ?

ribbitcat