Tarot Wayfarer- A New Tarot Journey Awaits

gregory

More from Alice in Wonderland, I think ? Mad people get to believe whatever they like. (I've done time in the bin; I know these things !)

cirom

More from Alice in Wonderland, I think ? Mad people get to believe whatever they like. (I've done time in the bin; I know these things !)

I know, if i recall wasn't that where we first met.... (the bin)

Krystophe

Thank god for that, some common sense. After reading these suggestions of people being mislead, I was beginning to think i'd entered a scene from "One flew over the cuckoo's nest"

Really, I was completely baffled by that reaction. Even a halfhearted search of the internet will lead to a plethora of fictional works that are anchored solidly in the real world, often with much more in specific detail than anything offered by the video in question.

Fiction set firmly in real time and space is a long-established tradition in literature and other art-forms.

gregory

I know, if i recall wasn't that where we first met.... (the bin)
Please don't tell everyone.... I thought it was our little secret. :shhh: I feel a bit betrayed here... :laugh:

The reaction to this "journal" is about as sane as that of people using a GPS who have blindly followed their satnavs even when it was blatantly obvious that this was NOT such a hot idea – my favourite was the guy who – when his sat nav said go straight ahead, drove straight ahead. Straight over the quay, into the ocean. People really are a lot stupider than one might think.

Sheesh, this is harmless enough - and no-one has to buy it who doesn't want to. (I still hate the figurines, which do seem very cheesy to me but other than that I am interested to see what develops, as long as I don't have to end up with loads of extraneous stuff - all I want from this is an interesting tarot deck, really. But that's me...)

Anyone else remember the Celestine Prophecy - LOADS of people TOTALLY believed that was a real textbook, not a rather silly novel with a deeply unsatisfying ending. THAT was deceitful. This isn't. You may not like Marcus - I know a lot don't - but he's no cheat.

Krystophe

Mad people get to believe whatever they like.

I'm quite mad myself, won't quibble about that, but even I didn't believe the video and its tale of the journal were meant to be talen seriously.........

Krystophe

I assumed this project has been planned out and was merely curious as I live here - not sure what your point in answering is?

I won't presume to speak for Gregory, but my own point in agreeing with her was simply that if the fictional backstory of the deck needs a real location, why wouldn't Chicago be just as good as anywhere else?

Of course, I would be curious as well if I lived in the Chicago area, so the question of "why" is certainly a reasonable one. If there's a basis for the choice other than pure whimsy I imagine that will become apparent as more information about the deck is released. I meant no offense in echoing Gregory's response, as I'm certain she meant no offense in posting it.

gregory

I assumed this project has been planned out and was merely curious as I live here - not sure what your point in answering is?
Because I wanted to know why you asked. Really. I also want to know why a book I like was set around the village where I was brought up. These things are interesting.

cirom

I already knew you were from Chicago, we used to communicate far more in the past, remember. Besides your avatar is a clue. My point in answering was just trying to be funny, and making fun of the alleged people who had believed all the fantasy..... that's all, nothing sinister or personal.

cirom

I was honest when I said I also initially wondered why Chicago? I assumed it would be VIctorian England. And it was explained, but I forgot. That's not intended to add further mystery, I genuinely forgot, but whatever it was sounded like it made sense at the time. But seriously folks all this talk about the jornal, was it real, where was it found, blah blah blah is just the opening teaser title. The main event is far far far more, and Gregory, it's not a tarot deck. And it's not Chicago or Victorian England, it's everywhere.......