Tarot won't answer!

summeryjoy

Has this ever happened to you? You asked the Tarot a question and instead of giving you an answer, it just describes you or the situation as you know it?

Last night I asked a question about an outcome of an issue at work, it kept telling me what was on my mind at the minute. Today, I asked it what my perfect match in love would be like, it describe my own personality.

Can this happen? Can your emotional state be so strong that it dictates what cards show up, canceling the power of the question itself?

kx5

It is generally not advisable to do readings when you are experiencing strong feelings, because the tension will transfer to the cards and the readings will be garbled. There are special spreads for readings during a time of intense unrest.

However, I doubt that the cards wouldn't give you an answer, currently I have never experienced such a phenomenon. The deck either needs cleansing/decluttering of obtrusive energies, or you need to take a good look at the cards again and try to interpret them in a way that is less personal and focuses more on your question instead. Most of the time, it should simply be just an interpreting block :)

Tigerangel

I think everyone proberly experiences this during their lifetime of reading cards, I know I have, sometimes it best just to have a little break away from the cards till your not so emotionally invested in what your asking.

Also I have found this helps me when I'm being to emotionally invested in a self reading.

I will take a deep breath close my eyes meditate and calm my mind and imagine that I'm reading the same question for this other person that I have just imagined, this normally helps me alot with getting a clear answer for myself, not sure if it would useful for you but you could try and see if it helps you.

gregory

I don't believe that cards ever need "cleansing" and so on (except for the smell of cigarettes etc !). But - sure; it happens.

I think when you are TOO invested in a question, and get that kind of answer, the "answer" is that you need to look harder at what you already know, instead of looking for ways to move on from that. There is something in the NOW that needs your attention, and what you want to know cannot be offered up till you deal with that. The work thing, for instance - perhaps if you think a lot harder about the situation you want to know the outcome of, you will find that something you could yourself do will change it, or that in fact things are going to stay that way, so live with it - or even that it's none of your business? That sort of thing.

The love question- is it not possible that you would like someone Just Like You ? :D

Moonchild1721

I've sometimes found that meditating helps when this happens. It does two things for me. It helps me to get a little distance from the issue, and it also helps me to refocus my energy. This has definitely happened to me before. Sometimes you just need a little breather from the deck and the question!

Achlys

If you're too strongly affected by a situation that you're asking about, it's usually best to have someone neutral in the situation perform a reading because otherwise, yes you can color the reading not only in what cards show up, but also in how you interpret the cards.

I don't think it's ever that the cards aren't giving you an answer. I think it's more how you see the cards at that particular moment that determines exactly what kind of answer you get.

Laurelle

Don't you constantly ask about the situation at work?

I agree with Gregory.

Sometimes we just need a Hanged Man moment where we let go, relax and let things unfold in there own time. ;)

MysticMoonlight

Perhaps the cards are telling you that at this point in time, it's just not for you to know. Things may still be unfolding regarding this issue and nothing is solid enough to tell/show you about it right now. Take a break from the topic...let some time go by, give things time to shape. Come back to it when you find yourself not thinking about the issue as often. It will reveal itself when the time is right :)

Ace

Sometimes I say, when we can't get an answer other than what we know already from the cards, that we need to let go of the deck, sit back and say, "OK, Universe, what do I need to know now?"

If you need to use the cards, use the LWB and don't insert your own feelings into what it says. Or ask someone else (or us on AT) to read for you about the problem, you may just be too close to get it.

barb

danieljuk

They used to say in tarot history that if the High Priestess came up as an outcome, you are not to know this answer! it will not be revealed at this time. I think that is overly simplistic, it is one blocking card like also the Hanged Man and others but I do believe that we shouldn't ask about some things in our lives and also we will be blocked from finding out some things. We are not meant to know everything! Sometimes it's not for us to know at that time.