Tarot won't answer!

summeryjoy

They used to say in tarot history that if the High Priestess came up as an outcome, you are not to know this answer! it will not be revealed at this time. I think that is overly simplistic, it is one blocking card like also the Hanged Man and others but I do believe that we shouldn't ask about some things in our lives and also we will be blocked from finding out some things. We are not meant to know everything! Sometimes it's not for us to know at that time.

Yes, maybe we are not meant to know everything, and that's why I was wondering if tarot was really not answering.

summeryjoy

This happens to me exactly in three kinds of situations:

1) When, like you, I'm trying to see into an issue that affects me deeply and personally, and I can't really focus.
Yeah, that's my issue,

2) When I try to read about people who are not present and have not given me their permission to read for them. Whether they "block" me or I block myself, I can't see beyond what I already know.

Sounds like your conscience there. This doesn't happen to me.

3) With people who "resist" reading. I have friends who ask me all the time to read for them, but who "resist" being read with every fiber of their beings. I can't describe it any other way but, if it has happened to any of you, you'll know what I'm talking about.
Yes! It has happened to me using horary astrology. Not yet with tarot.

In the second case, I just put my cards away and call it a day. In the first and third, I have (finally) found that using a very structured spread with very definite positions usually does the trick and gets me past the blockage.
How structured are we talking here?

FLizarraga

How structured are we talking here?

As much as possible. A spread with very clear-cut, specific positions regarding very specific aspects of whatever situation you are reading about.

Or, since you want specifics, maybe it's time to resort to Lenormand.

summeryjoy

As much as possible. A spread with very clear-cut, specific positions regarding very specific aspects of whatever situation you are reading about.

Or, since you want specifics, maybe it's time to resort to Lenormand.

What's Lenormand?!

ana luisa

Has this ever happened to you? You asked the Tarot a question and instead of giving you an answer, it just describes you or the situation as you know it?

Last night I asked a question about an outcome of an issue at work, it kept telling me what was on my mind at the minute. Today, I asked it what my perfect match in love would be like, it describe my own personality.

Can this happen? Can your emotional state be so strong that it dictates what cards show up, canceling the power of the question itself?

Yes and yes. Besides, (and this is just my opinion), there will be times when the cards simply WON'T give you the answer either because it is not "known" yet or because you're not supposed to know. And for the last situation, you may tend to get the same cards over and over again. I agree with the other posters. Give it some time and try again later. Or do an exchange reading and ask one member of AT to read for you :)

summeryjoy

Yes and yes. Besides, (and this is just my opinion), there will be times when the cards simply WON'T give you the answer either because it is not "known" yet or because you're not supposed to know. And for the last situation, you may tend to get the same cards over and over again. I agree with the other posters. Give it some time and try again later. Or do an exchange reading and ask one member of AT to read for you :)
Yes, I think I will do an exchange on that one just to see how it goes.

SunsetKay

My cards will actually tell me that I need to stop and wait when I ask about a situation too much. So I think it is very possible to have the deck not answer.