Tea Leaf Readings for the New Year

Amanda

Closed to new sitters, thanks!

Just in the mood to do some short, general reads. No question is needed, as these will be predictive for your upcoming general environment. If I see something that doesn't seem clear, I may elaborate further with another oracle or tarot. Feedback as best as you can, and come back later to update if you can. :)

Sitters:
1. Aries2014 - Reading posted, feedback received, thank you! :)
2. think - Reading posted, feedback received, thank you! :)
3. Disa - Reading posted, feedback received, thank you! :)

Aries2014

I would love to sit please

think

Hey Amanda. Happy New Year!

I'd love to sit if I may :heart:

Disa

I would love to sit, as well. I'm hoping to learn to read tea leaves one day, maybe this will be the inspiration I need. Thanks for the offer.

Amanda

I would love to sit please

Dragon + Hat - This combination of cards suggests that there is someone else you'd rather be in your own life, and you should be cautious of deluding yourself away from accepting the role you play as the person you are.

Flowers + Door - Your happiness will seem to lie behind closed doors. I drew an advice card from Madame Dora's fortune cards for more information and received Heart-to-Heart Hilda which is a card about Love. It is advice to lead with your heart; it suggests you will (or should) mend fences so to speak, and perhaps have a H2H with an estranged love.

Cup + Sea Horse - You are going to receive some tough criticism from and/or surrounding family members/situations. It may be difficult for you to hear, but this combination suggests that you should accept that which is truly valid, rather than avoid negativity or conflict, so that you may make the positive changes which are necessary.

Candle + Younger Man - You will receive information, insight, or guidance about a younger male that you may have concerns about. If there is worry or anxiety for you surrounding this person, this combination of cards seems to assure you that everything will be okay and work out just as it is meant to.

Tiger + Bear - This combination of cards is a strong warning not to do anything risky with your money, because taking a chance with your money could be dangerous to your financial health. I asked for clarity from Madame Dora and received Realistic Richard which is about Information. This card simply advises that you do not assume anything, especially about authority figures, because those folks can make mistakes as well and/or abuse their power if of a more negative variety. Make sure that you "check and re-check" facts, information, and communications surrounding a financial matter.

This is what I see here for you, let me know if it's helpful or makes any sense to you. :)

Amanda

Hey Amanda. Happy New Year!

I'd love to sit if I may :heart:

Happy New Year! :)

Scales + Leg - This combination of cards suggests that you may find yourself in new territory which will require that you keep things within a steadier balance. I asked for clarity from Madame Dora and received Hugging Hal which is a card about Reassurance. This card also highlights a delicate balance between extending (or receiving) a sense of comfort and safety, but specifically, "not sexual advances". There may be some boundaries between you and someone else being highlighted here.

Well + Dolphin - This combination of cards seems very positive. It suggests something like a financial reward that is especially positive for the entire family; a long-time wish for the family coming through here and efforts paying off.

Horse + Ram - This combination highlights a short trip or journey with/for/around a stubborn, aggressive person. It could be you or someone you know. I drew a card for clarity from Madame Dora and received Heart-to-Heart Hilda which is about Love. It feels like you will be going to see someone you don't really want to see, or going to see someone you feel might not really want to see you, and "mending fences" (or perhaps this person travels to you).

Dog-Close Up + Rat - These cards are at odds (pleasure with a close friend + someone working against you or behind your back) so I drew a card from Madame Dora: Soothing Scott which is about Rejuvenation. It advises that you take time to whine. It also says that you have the right to be upset, but to remember that others have troubles too. If you provide a shoulder to lean on, you will get one. I'm not sure if this is connected to the Horse + Ram, or any other cards for that matter (I'm kind of winging it here), but it seems there is a lot of relational mending going on in your cards.

Torch + Grasshopper - The Grasshopper is another card about balance, so it seems to be confirming that you may receive it, as the Torch is a positive card of enlightenment and understanding. I'm not sure, but the only set that doesn't seem to 'belong' to me is the Well + Dolphin, which seems like a separate issue -- the rest /may/ have to do with one relationship, OR- it seems you will be having similar healing situations across relationships in your life.

Let me know if that helps or makes sense! :)

Awkward.turtle91

Hey wmanda I'd like to sit please, I can exchange with oracle if you'd like ^_^ and leave feed back x

Amanda

I would love to sit, as well. I'm hoping to learn to read tea leaves one day, maybe this will be the inspiration I need. Thanks for the offer.

Hi Disa, thanks for sitting! :)
Just to be clear (most notably for the mods) I am using the Tea Leaf oracle cards by Rae Hepburn. I feel like I've been growing into them a bit more lately, so thought I'd share what I can do (which admittedly, still might not be much, LOL).

Target + Tortoise - This combination of cards suggests that you will be reaching your goals and objectives; slowly, but surely, getting ahead. I wasn't sure I really needed a clarification card, as I thought this seemed pretty straightforward, but I decided to pull one anyway, to see if I could get a glimpse at something more specific. I got Realistic Richard which is about Information. This just made me feel like you will have a lot of to-do lists, or things written down and perhaps checking them off a list as you complete them... so it seems detailed, or perhaps covering more areas of your life than can be clearly articulated here. It feels like "details" and "paperwork."

Rooster + Pineapple - You will reconcile with an "arrogant, boastful person you should not cross" so again, this seems pretty straight forward, but I wanted something more specific. I drew Trusting Tilly RX which is about Trust. The card is reversed, so it seems to suggest that you might trust the wrong person, they may let you down in some way, or you may simply misjudge them as being more "arrogant" or "boastful" than they are/intended towards you. It seems like a minor slight or misunderstanding, since the reconciliation card is there.

Key + Horse - This suggests that you will find a solution to problems through taking a short trip/journey. Madame Dora gave me Heart-to-Heart Hilda which is about Love. It feels like a spontaneous trip, because this card is about leading with your heart. I'm not sure this card has to do with an estranged love as it suggested in earlier reads in this thread; it feels more like finding something that was missing, or finding something you didn't know you needed.

Butterfly + Moon - Both cards are about changes. Going right along with what the cards say, it seems to suggest a positive change in changes themselves. Perhaps a shift in your perspective here, regarding /how/ things change and you taking a better view of things or having more appreciation for change that might seem negative at first glance. It feels like waiting, to see a light that may come forth from darkness.

Clouds + Kite - Temporary problems regarding a vacation. I drew a clarification card and got Problem-Solving Patrick which is about Respect. This card has more to do with a professional situation and it may take a little extra work to find a "win-win solution" that works for everyone involved. It advises one not to hold back or settle for other's compromises, but to speak up and proactively look for the win-win solution. It feels like a positive outcome to the temporary setback/problem.

This is what I see here, let me know if it helps and makes sense! :)

think

Happy New Year! :)

Scales + Leg - This combination of cards suggests that you may find yourself in new territory which will require that you keep things within a steadier balance. I asked for clarity from Madame Dora and received Hugging Hal which is a card about Reassurance. This card also highlights a delicate balance between extending (or receiving) a sense of comfort and safety, but specifically, "not sexual advances". There may be some boundaries between you and someone else being highlighted here.

Well + Dolphin - This combination of cards seems very positive. It suggests something like a financial reward that is especially positive for the entire family; a long-time wish for the family coming through here and efforts paying off.

Horse + Ram - This combination highlights a short trip or journey with/for/around a stubborn, aggressive person. It could be you or someone you know. I drew a card for clarity from Madame Dora and received Heart-to-Heart Hilda which is about Love. It feels like you will be going to see someone you don't really want to see, or going to see someone you feel might not really want to see you, and "mending fences" (or perhaps this person travels to you).

Dog-Close Up + Rat - These cards are at odds (pleasure with a close friend + someone working against you or behind your back) so I drew a card from Madame Dora: Soothing Scott which is about Rejuvenation. It advises that you take time to whine. It also says that you have the right to be upset, but to remember that others have troubles too. If you provide a shoulder to lean on, you will get one. I'm not sure if this is connected to the Horse + Ram, or any other cards for that matter (I'm kind of winging it here), but it seems there is a lot of relational mending going on in your cards.

Torch + Grasshopper - The Grasshopper is another card about balance, so it seems to be confirming that you may receive it, as the Torch is a positive card of enlightenment and understanding. I'm not sure, but the only set that doesn't seem to 'belong' to me is the Well + Dolphin, which seems like a separate issue -- the rest /may/ have to do with one relationship, OR- it seems you will be having similar healing situations across relationships in your life.

Let me know if that helps or makes sense! :)
Thanks!

So I have a relationship that has pretty much took over the last few years of my life... I have tried to give it up and we haven't spoken for 3 months now, but I guess it's unfinished as we basically just one day stopped speaking (I feel in my gut it is also, we're just taking some time out). I adore this guy but as a friend only, but yes, we have crossed boundaries in the past.

We attend the same uni, but I have spent the last few months avoiding where he might be, so perhaps it is that. Although he knows where I live and could just turn up, yeah. He makes the rules. I wouldn't say he's aggressive... he's like the emperor in tarot, he won't budge and he demands things the way he wants them. Maybe I'm the aggressive one, shrugs, I hope not but we don't know ourselves the way others see us. Anyway yeah, I understand that "mending fences" thing, currently I don't want to see him but also fear he doesn't want to see me.

I had a reading before that said K would kind of have something not work out for him and would come back to me for support. This does sound like him, I would offer him a shoulder, but also I have taken a lot from him over 2 years now and I am hurt (but kind of trying to just move on from him altogether).

Balance, yeah. Me and K got too close and intense a while back, that wasn't good, but neither is not having him around. It feels like everything is 'wrong' and kind of like my gut knows a better way but for some reason we never get there.

Back to the well and dolphin - I don't really know about this money, but will pay attention and let you know in a few months if that comes to light.

Thanks for your time and attention, great reading!

Disa

Hi Disa, thanks for sitting! :)
Just to be clear (most notably for the mods) I am using the Tea Leaf oracle cards by Rae Hepburn. I feel like I've been growing into them a bit more lately, so thought I'd share what I can do (which admittedly, still might not be much, LOL).

Target + Tortoise - This combination of cards suggests that you will be reaching your goals and objectives; slowly, but surely, getting ahead. I wasn't sure I really needed a clarification card, as I thought this seemed pretty straightforward, but I decided to pull one anyway, to see if I could get a glimpse at something more specific. I got Realistic Richard which is about Information. This just made me feel like you will have a lot of to-do lists, or things written down and perhaps checking them off a list as you complete them... so it seems detailed, or perhaps covering more areas of your life than can be clearly articulated here. It feels like "details" and "paperwork."

Rooster + Pineapple - You will reconcile with an "arrogant, boastful person you should not cross" so again, this seems pretty straight forward, but I wanted something more specific. I drew Trusting Tilly RX which is about Trust. The card is reversed, so it seems to suggest that you might trust the wrong person, they may let you down in some way, or you may simply misjudge them as being more "arrogant" or "boastful" than they are/intended towards you. It seems like a minor slight or misunderstanding, since the reconciliation card is there.

Key + Horse - This suggests that you will find a solution to problems through taking a short trip/journey. Madame Dora gave me Heart-to-Heart Hilda which is about Love. It feels like a spontaneous trip, because this card is about leading with your heart. I'm not sure this card has to do with an estranged love as it suggested in earlier reads in this thread; it feels more like finding something that was missing, or finding something you didn't know you needed.

Butterfly + Moon - Both cards are about changes. Going right along with what the cards say, it seems to suggest a positive change in changes themselves. Perhaps a shift in your perspective here, regarding /how/ things change and you taking a better view of things or having more appreciation for change that might seem negative at first glance. It feels like waiting, to see a light that may come forth from darkness.

Clouds + Kite - Temporary problems regarding a vacation. I drew a clarification card and got Problem-Solving Patrick which is about Respect. This card has more to do with a professional situation and it may take a little extra work to find a "win-win solution" that works for everyone involved. It advises one not to hold back or settle for other's compromises, but to speak up and proactively look for the win-win solution. It feels like a positive outcome to the temporary setback/problem.

This is what I see here, let me know if it helps and makes sense! :)

Ok, thanks so much for the clarification and for doing this. Since it's for the upcoming year, I can't say specifically what will actually happen, but I can say so far a lot of it does resonate.

For example, Target and Tortoise- I am definitely making progress on my Etsy shop and my other endeavors, slowly but surely. There is definitely more paperwork around here than I would like there to be, and many to do lists :) Lots and LOTS of details involved.

Rooster and Pineapple. What you wrote could be applied to many people in my life, so this is a strong possibility. I'm glad the reconciliation card is there, so nothing too major I presume.

Key and Horse. I can only hope what you are saying actually does come to fruition. It makes sense to me, but is rather personal so I won't go into details, but I get this. :)

Butterfly and Moon- These cards also make sense. A lot of changes are in place even now.

Clouds and Kite: I will be on the lookout for this, thanks. Vacations are always a sticky subject as far as working around everyone's schedule.

Overall the cards seem to be inline with my own reading for the new year- a few setbacks but nothing major that can't be overcome.

I really appreciate your time and your insight. Thanks so much and Happy New Year. xoxox