The AT Frankenstein Patchwork deck

gregory

Or I could if I am doing the pdf.... but I doubt if we'd need that.....

You do need a new thread with the order of mailing and the dates and reporting its arrival etc. With progress updated in the FIRST POST for those in a hurry. AND - people need to get the address of the person they are to send on to a couple of participants ahead of time a) to be good and ready and b) for when someone vanishes..... (NEVER MAIL until the other person has said they are ready to receive..... voice of experience.... someone can get called out of town for a wedding or something.....)

Wendywu

A note for peeps having scans - if you are going to need them on CD rather than via email, make sure you tell me and give me your land address! I have absolutely no problem with sending out CD's so please don't worry if you're going to need a CD. I say this because if you are on dial-up, you aren't going to be able to download the emails simply due to the sheer size of the full set of scans ..

cardlady22

Le Fanu, I've got goosebumps reading about you there with them all spread out! I'm thinking of taking it to the Bok Tower Gardens for photo ops! There is such a sweet, natural Spirit there . . .

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
It is so sprawling!
It's sprawlin g nature is exactly its charm. But I bow to Alta.

<turns north-west, bows deeply>

<rushes off to check world-map>

Le Fanu

Just been trimming the excessively large cards. Before the gasps of horror to maintain the mismatching element, I have only done it with a (very) few impossibly outsized cards (three of them). The deck has cards of all sizes, and of course we shall keep it that way, but a few made getting it into the bag a bit of a struggle. I trimmed the Thoth card, the large Illuminated, the Karma tarot, and rounded off the corners of the trimmed Druid Craft too.

But there is one card which is just impossible! I shalln't say which one as I don't - under any circumstances - want it to look like I'm ungrateful but there is one card which is impossible! LOL You'll all know which one it is when you try and put the deck back in the bag :D And there is no way whatsoever you can trim it because there are things which overlap the border and any trimming would trim something in half and it would look strange!

gregory

Hee hee I know; it wasn't hard to work out.... ;)

OctoberGwen

Please, can someone just make sure there are clear instructions in each thread (if we have both Journal and Travel threads) for those of us who haven't participated in a travelling deck circle before?

I'm so excited to see this creation! I'll have to start thinking of some interesting places to take it. ;)

Is it a good idea to set a guideline for how long to keep it before sending it on? (A limit, I mean.)

p.s. Forgive me if these questions have already been answered; I really have read this entire thread but not all at once.

Le Fanu

OctoberGwen said:
p.s. Forgive me if these questions have already been answered; I really have read this entire thread but not all at once.
I've been following the thread and even I'm not sure of what the rules are. Maybe if I do an initial post about the mailing order and someone else comes in and tells me the rules! :D

I think we decided each person would have it a week, thus spanning a weekend and with time to bond - albeit briefly - with it. I think there were 30-ish people involved, so any more than a week and it starts getting complicated and drawn out, no?

As for rules and what threads can be posted where here at AT, I will follow gregory's instructions of mailing order but as for all the other stuff, I'm not sure where that can go. I think I'll leave it for whoever wants to start another thread somewhere!

I'm sure there'll be hiccups too with my geography, as in which places are the logical next step. Does someone from Texas send to California or is New York nearer? Oh god geographical nightmare... gregory sent me a "logical order" ages ago which I have kept and I'm sticking with that!

cardlady22

US mail is a bit odd sometimes. Depending on how close you are to an international airport, mail to another state can arrive before in-state! :bugeyed:
Maybe a US time zone map would be a bigger help for this side of the pond.

gregory

LeFanu - look at the travelling deck threads for guidance. Alta can find links; I haven't a prayer on here (I am still trying to send today's emails - an hour on....)

Basically - you don't need a sign up thread as they had to have - this was it. You may like to start a new discussion one and list the cards etc in the first post as well as links to the progress thread and the journal - this can also be the discussion thread if you like though.) Then we can all say things like "damn I should have suggested signing he envelope" and things like that.... or even (something like this happened once, though I forget what it was now) "the bag has fallen apart so I put in a new one, for anyone wondering when they get it...." or (not relevant for us !!) "Is it OK to tape up the box as it is splitting."

Then you need a progress thread where there is a list of who gets it and the order so people can contact the next person in plenty of time, and where people can post "help, Gregory isn't answering her PMs; shall I sent it to Cat* instead as she comes next ?" or "haven't heard anything for a while; who has it ?" - that sort of thing.... and a journal thread which is ONLY for "look where I took the deck today, and actual stuff about your experience (though it is of course OK to say isn't this fun and stuff while you have it !) - so that thread should only have posts by whoever has it, while they have it or just after - they should therefore be in the order of the mailing list....

All threads go in Talking Tarot.

ETA why do I make these posts when I could more easily....

Leffy - I will set up the damn things as soon as I get back - I have the Experience }) - sooner if you are ready to roll. Just email me when ready, and give me the list of people. (And the list I sent you as I haven't that here !)