The AT Frankenstein Patchwork deck

Oddity

gregory said:
One other thing - I thought we were sending the postcards to LeFanu, so they got interesting STAMPS. The later people will get awful postage costs otherwise (says she who recently mailed to Oz and to the US OUCH.)
THIS.

Please.

Heavy package + international mail + maybe insurance/secure delivery or whatever to make Frankie reach his/her destination safely, and the postage cost will be MONSTROUS when the deck has gone but half-way on its journey.
Now it sounds like it will start in Europe somewhere which I'm very happy for, because my memory tells me that postage from Sweden is about double that from the UK and I think it would actually hurt a little to pay for a heap of 50 postcards + deck. Even if I love the idea of the postcards.

I'd love to see all the postcards, and all the interesting stamps, but I think it would be better to send them to LeFanu and scan them and put them in Frankie's Journal thread, so everyone can see. And then the final winner gets all.

gregory said:
The other travelling decks got a journal thread in which the deck's experiences and ONLY those were posted (we actually got mods to remove the posts to keep it clean etc so it WAS a journal), and I got it locked at the end and made a pdf of it afterwards so people could keep it. There was a separate thread for progress. Both were in talking tarot. The journal often had photos in (I took one deck to Hadrian's wall, and Netty took it to the Brighton Pavilion; as for Elven.....)

Great idea! Let's do it!

Oddity

Le Fanu said:
Can you believe this everyone, we are missing only [size=+3]ONE[/size] card! the 5 of Swords/Flamingos. I believe it should be arriving sometime soon. Can you confirm this Oddity?
Yes! It's on its way. It's very well wrapped in plastic and has a piece of cardboard so it won't be damaged by clumsy mailmen.
But because I had a stupid moment last week, I forgot to put the envelope in the mailbox before I went away for the weekend. I'm so annoyed with myself. :mad:
I put it in the mail as soon as I came back, and you should have it very soon. Sorry about that.

nicky

every time I look here I get a headache worrying about what I am supposed to do... when it gets finalized can we somehow have a definitive set of instructions for the hard of thinking ;)

gregory

nicky said:
every time I look here I get a headache worrying about what I am supposed to do... when it gets finalized can we somehow have a definitive set of instructions for the hard of thinking ;)
I have already volunteered to be the whipmistress from hell.... if Lefanu would like..... }) Believe me, I leave NOTHING to chance.....

Le Fanu

gregory said:
I have already volunteered to be the whipmistress from hell.... if Lefanu would like..... }) Believe me, I leave NOTHING to chance.....
Oh yes, please, be whip mistress from hell. I shall post up the inital thread sometime soon (when Oddity's card arrives) then maybe gregory can do a whip mistress posts with all the instructions, nay, orders...

Wendywu

I gotta say I shall only believe her chosen role if she wears the high-heeled, black leather thigh high boots..... and posts piccies })

OctoberGwen

Wow, this is really getting interesting!

Alta

gregory said:
Basically - you don't need a sign up thread as they had to have - this was it. You may like to start a new discussion one and list the cards etc in the first post as well as links to the progress thread and the journal - this can also be the discussion thread if you like though.) Then we can all say things like "damn I should have suggested signing he envelope" and things like that.... or even (something like this happened once, though I forget what it was now) "the bag has fallen apart so I put in a new one, for anyone wondering when they get it...." or (not relevant for us !!) "Is it OK to tape up the box as it is splitting."

Then you need a progress thread where there is a list of who gets it and the order so people can contact the next person in plenty of time, and where people can post "help, Gregory isn't answering her PMs; shall I sent it to Cat* instead as she comes next ?" or "haven't heard anything for a while; who has it ?" - that sort of thing.... and a journal thread which is ONLY for "look where I took the deck today, and actual stuff about your experience
And, in the Talking Tarot Index, I will set up a separate post with the url of each thread, so though they won't be Stickied, you can find them easily.

Alta

gregory

Wendywu said:
I gotta say I shall only believe her chosen role if she wears the high-heeled, black leather thigh high boots..... and posts piccies })
You aren't in SOOD, I believe ? Those belong to Netzach.... I will post HER piccy when I am back on high speed...

Le Fanu

Well, as of Monday 3rd May, just over two months after its initial conception, the Frankendecken deck is completed. Oddity's final card arrived today. (Still no sign of faunabay's :()

In the next few days, (or at the weekend at the latest) I shall post the first of three Frankendecken threads. Please do not feel stressed or anxious about what you are supposed to do; all will become clear; one step at a time... First step is the mailing order list; who gets it and in what order. The winner will be drawn as the deck reaches the end of its grand tour.

First things first, I simply have to send it off. I shall be realistic and say early next week; gives me time to sort everything out.

Everything you will need to know will be in a new thread and this one will be closed, but for the moment, join in the celebration :party: :party: :party: that The Tarot of the 78 Spares is - at last - complete...