The Cat Caught on Fire!

Chronata

I have been thinking about this (seriously for a change of pace) and about what you said occured during and after...

and I have thinking about signs.

And something sort of rang a bell in my head.

You mentioned how you were engaged in a very intense open discussion with the client about some personal things. And once disrupted, she just wanted to flee.

There have been only a handful of times...maybe 4..or 5 times in my professional career when something happened during an intense reading that just completely stopped the discusson cold.

Disruptions, of a sudden..maybe bizarre nature.

Nothing quite so dramatic as a flaming feline...

But still...each time, it was with a client who was going through something huge, or a major intense change, and seemed reluctant to speak about it...

and each time I made them open up.... and
admit something, or maybe face something they hadn't been prepared for.

And in the middle of an explaination...something would happen.

A fire drill, mandatory evacuation...

Police showing up at the door, with sirens blaring...

a child stuck in a swingset, screaming...

and each time...it was impossible to get back to the reading. And so we just let it go.

I have thought about these occurances, even at the time they happened.
And I got to wondering...what if the person I was reading for just wasn't ready to face this? Or wasn't quite ready to communicate it, openly? honestly?

What if the Universe..or some energy originating from one of us...decided that this was just not the time for this kind of intensity? and so a distraction manifested to block any futher discussion...

I don't really know if this is possible...or even if I believe it myself...but I do wonder sometimes.

MercyMe

Ok, this caught my eye because a few days ago I had a dream in which a cat, apparently a magical cat, could set itself on fire at will. This cat was light colored and kinda looked at me with this look that said, "Watch this" and then spontaneously its fur burst into flames, but it did not actually singe or burn, and then went out. I was trying to figure out what in the world this dream meant, I still don't have any idea, but then I saw this thread and thought....hmmmmmm.....

--Mercy

kerri28

tarotbear said:
Sorry! Laughing too hard to even try to comment at this point! ROFLMAO!

ME TOO!!! Poor kitty!

Netzach

Chronata said:
What if the Universe..or some energy originating from one of us...decided that this was just not the time for this kind of intensity? and so a distraction manifested to block any futher discussion...

I don't really know if this is possible...or even if I believe it myself...but I do wonder sometimes.

What a fascinating hypothesis. I'd be willing to bet that the energy that caused the disruption was coming not from the Universe but from the querant whose subconscious was desperately battling to stop the conversation going any further. Unfortunately I can't think of any way in which one could test the hypothesis.

StLouisTarot

Poor thing...I am so glad my cats dont jump on tables, counters or furniture.

magpie9

StLouisTarot said:
Poor thing...I am so glad my cats dont jump on tables, counters or furniture.
You keep them in Leg Irons?????? :bugeyed:

gregory

Or have you perhaps removed their legs ?? :bugeyed:

bladeraven

poor cats! Lol

magpie9

Yes, Inquiring Minds Want to Know !! :lightbulb: :surprise:

signed,
The Nosy Granny Central Connection
:cool5: :cool5:

tarotbear

Chronata said:
There have been only a handful of times...maybe 4..or 5 times in my professional career when something happened during an intense reading that just completely stopped the discusson cold.

But still...each time, it was with a client who was going through something huge, or a major intense change, and seemed reluctant to speak about it...

and each time I made them open up.... and admit something, or maybe face something they hadn't been prepared for. And in the middle of an explaination...something would happen...<snip> and each time...it was impossible to get back to the reading. And so we just let it go.

I have thought about these occurances, even at the time they happened.
And I got to wondering...what if the person I was reading for just wasn't ready to face this? Or wasn't quite ready to communicate it, openly? honestly?

In the Universe there is a reason for everything - meaning that nothing happens for NO reason. I have always felt IMHO that the Universe is not as random as we think- that it is 'ordered' but in a system that we cannot fanthom as of yet.

Immediately people are thinking - 'So does that mean that we are only reacting to a pre-planned stimulus and we, as diviners of the future - are just sucking eggs? Everything actually is pre-destined and we are deluding ourselves?'

For whatever reason 9/11 happened - it did. My cousin was able to get out of the South Tower in time. He is alive - so many others are not. The Towers should have been full to capacity with workers at the time of the attack - but for some reason the toweers were nowhere near the capacity they might normally have. Did the people who chose to stay away that day - and lived - somehow receive a message not to go to the WTC that day? Many more thousands should have died - but they not in the buildings. Did the Universe tell these poeple not to go to work that day? Why did so many people miss the message if it did?

We laugh at the flaming cat - did it happen for a reason as you suggest? Maybe it did. The reading had to be stopped - maybe it was the mind of your Querent who 'sent out' that message and the cat - curious dumb beast that they can be at the damnest times- jumped up to see what all this message/energy/whathaveyou it picked up on was all about? Unfortunately, the transection of cat & candle was not what the poor cat expected - but at least it was not permanently harmed by it's encounter.