The Dark Angels Tarot

strings of life

Thanks Hemera and everyone else.

The deck also reminds me of the movie The Crow (a favorite, can't help it).

I'll stop talking about until I get it ;).

strings of life

Hemera, I see what you mean.

My deck arrived (via a trade with Essjay) and I was antsy all day at work, so much so that I couldn't wait until I got home. Instead, I ravenously went through it on the train ride home (now)! I became that person on the train.

I'll join you in the study group in mid-September :).

There are so many beautiful cards [gasp] and many of the images feel deep in a mysterious way. I wish I could type more but posting via iPhone can be laborious!

Moody. Lovely. Perfect. I want to look through them again, but I'll maintain some self control :laugh:.

Le Fanu

aurarcana said:
Instead, I ravenously went through it on the train ride home (now)! I became that person on the train.
Oh no! The mad person on the train who cannot control themselves and rips open purchases & packages in a public place to gorge! :D

I always do my best to sit there dignified, whatever goodies I have in my bag!

Glad you like the deck. Of the latest LoS releases, this is one of the more interesting ones I think.

(But then Im biased as I love them all except the Yoga and the Sensual Goddess!)

strings of life

Le Fanu said:
Oh no! The mad person on the train who cannot control themselves and rips open purchases & packages in a public place to gorge! :D

I always do my best to sit there dignified, whatever goodies I have in my bag!

Glad you like the deck. Of the latest LoS releases, this is one of the more interesting ones I think.

(But then Im biased as I love them all except the Yoga and the Sensual Goddess!)
I normally behave!

And I'll be off to dinner soon. Maybe I can sneak a peak at the LWB if I hide it in the menu. LOL!

MysticalMoose

I have been known to frantically tear open tarot packages at short pauses at traffic lights whilst driving home from the P.O Collection Depot.... :rolleyes:

Le Fanu

MysticalMoose said:
I have been known to frantically tear open tarot packages at short pauses at traffic lights whilst driving home from the P.O Collection Depot.... :rolleyes:
I use the metro and I sit there itching and dying to look but I hate the sensation of people staring at me while I open my tarot treasures panting & salivating wildly with my eyes rolling into the back of my head! :D Oh please, someone start a thread on this; do you tear off packaging and examine in public or control yourself till you get home? :D

HearthCricket

Le Fanu said:
I use the metro and I sit there itching and dying to look but I hate the sensation of people staring at me while I open my tarot treasures panting & salivating wildly with my eyes rolling into the back of my head! :D Oh please, someone start a thread on this; do you tear off packaging and examine in public or control yourself till you get home? :D

There sort of is one, from a while ago.. :) Maybe it needs to be revived!

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=125784&page=1&pp=10&highlight=deck

Le Fanu

But that one seems to tame! :D The deck interview spread, laying it out on the table, when what Im really keen on is how uncontrolled we are, those of us who can't even get home without ripping open everything in the middle of the street! Or is it just me?

strings of life

Thread started: Public display of deck affection

Why hide it?

--

I spent a good 30 minutes with the deck last night. Some of the cards left me feeling apathetic, but the majority are just perfect. The Devil - love the devil! And Death! The Sun! And from the Minors...

!

Queen of Disks

Got mine on the Trade Train. I thought I would give it a try. Not sure about this one yet. I like the Moon and the World cards (I like the big round celestial objects) and the Empress the best. Some of the cards remind me of weird music videos from the 1980's, like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hMagNuhLkk

It's got a cheesy Goth vibe to many of the cards. I do like the apocalyptic vibe (apocalyptic things have been on my mind alot lately) and the LWB is excellent (Thanks Lillie!)

I will give it a chance, we will see.