The Dark Grimoire Tarot

Onyx

Myrrha said:
Hi Onyx
If you would like to read a few short stories to get into the atmosphere of the deck here is a site that has them with big print for reading on the screen.

http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/index.html

I would recommend "The Dunwich Horror", there are a couple of cards that seem closely related to that story and you will get get an idea if knowing the story is helpful to you or not. "The Call of Cthulu" isn't as great a story (IMO) but it would give you an idea of what the Lovecraft beasties are and the horror they inspire. The Shadow Over Innsmouth, is a great atmospheric story and sets the tone for the atmosphere of the deck. I think a couple of cards refer to it but not as directly as I would like.

This looks like this will be a great help. Thanks for the link!

Onyx.

Shade

Ooooh this does look tempting. I am a Lovecraft fan and I have to say I've been intrigued by the way his influence has been seen in a lot of horror and sci-fi of late. The Hellboy comics and films are a good example of that.

This will definitely fit with the decks I use when I want something fun and a touch dramatic. I will have to make up a different story about its origin though... so when it's sitting out I can say "Oh yes that deck, I was fortunate to find a copy... most were burned of course after the fiendish Ricardo used them to summon Nag'shadda'krath, Dread Queen of the Pestilent Planes. Shame really I mean who would have guessed she could swallow him whole like that... if you hold it closely you can still hear him screaming. There was talk of Umbrae using one to command Oola-Tek Who Tells Only Lies" but the instructions on controlling the beast were in the LWB and he tossed it."

rwcarter

Against my better judgment (not about the deck though!) I just pre-ordered this from Amazon. We'll see if I actually get it from Amazon or if they cancel this pre-order too....

Onyx

Anyone know about the release?

With all the sources I can find showing that this deck should be out sometime next month I was curious if anyone has heard anything.

I am anxiously looking forward to this release and hoped that someone may know something that can give me a bit of hope about when I might get my hands on the cards.

Onyx.

Disa

My Amazon order says expected shipping date is Sept 5th. They always ship things sooner if they become available sooner. Good luck.

Erzebet

Today I finally pulled out my copy of the dreaded Dark Grimoire. When I got it over a month ago I was in no frame of mind to read with it or get into the atmosphere of the beauties.

Shuffling and looking through the cards all day today in my spare time. That Queen of Swords gives me the chills. I think though when I came across the 6 of Cups that it moved me deeply. This might be my favorite 6 of Cups ever! Really says with art the meaning of that card for me, how I personally feel 6 of Cups feels. Confusing?

Autumn is around the corner. I'm going dig up all my Lovecraft books and have some chills and thrills for the next couple months }) I was thinking of waiting until it's more fall like, but there's quite a few decks coming out in the autumn. I want to devote time and myself to this deck, it deserves it.

There are truly some cards that do actually give me some deep chilling emotions. The kind of sick dread or unknown doom that you can't put your finger on.

The backs are marvelous! Best backs I've seen so far this year and in YEARS from LoS. The image is very inspired and perfect. The discreet scroll banners are just right.

I am excited when more people in the US get their copies soon! I just checked but Amazon still has them listed as pre-order. What a bummer, I thought they'd be in the US by now?

Can I ask those of you who might know who the main character is in the majors? He's in many minors too. It's been years since I read all the Lovecraft books. I recall there were a few that quite disturbed me and that I loved. Can't remember the titles now. His story the Outsider has always been a top favorite short story!

Anyone else been using this deck? I hope all others that have it pre-ordered that it comes to you soon!!

Tansey Ella

i am waiting on amazon too. my ship date is 9/5 and that is today. Nothing yet. hurry up an wait.

Le Fanu

Just a question; I have had the Dark Grimoire tarot on my amazon wishlist for ages but - understandably - have refrained from pre-ordering because of all the other pre-order amazon farces we´ve all heard about here.

However, Ive noticed that the Dark Grimoire Tarot on my wishlist is now listed as "currently unavailable". I then did a seperate search for the Dark Grimoire Tarot when I wasn´t in the page of "my account" (are you following? :)). Another version came up; no image, published by Scarabeo, listed as being from July 2008, but then oddly, with 65 pages. This can´t be the deck, can it? Is there a 65 page book to go with this deck?

And is it now avilable at amazon uk?

Onyx

Erzebet said:
Can I ask those of you who might know who the main character is in the majors? He's in many minors too. It's been years since I read all the Lovecraft books. I recall there were a few that quite disturbed me and that I loved. Can't remember the titles now. His story the Outsider has always been a top favorite short story!

Anyone else been using this deck? I hope all others that have it pre-ordered that it comes to you soon!!

I don't have the deck yet and I am breathless with anticipation of its arrival.

As far as main characters in the deck Riccardo posted that there are two main characters. A man and a woman.

Here is an amazing thread he posted about the deck that if you haven't seen you need to read.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=102437

Onyx.

Essjay

I am very drawn to this deck - the artwork is very compelling. With the darker nights drawing in I'm putting sunnier decks away. But I'd be interested to hear how people who are not clued up on Lovecraft have found this deck?