The Date Approach...eth

Mystics

Good luck, It would be wonderful to read at a psychic fair. Let us know all about it. I feel excited already.

divinerofcards

Yes, please do report back! I applied to a fair here but they already had 2 "alternative healers" booked and I am on a waiting list for next year... am really wondering what the experience would be like!

Mallah

Thanks everyone for the words of support! What is it...3 days now. Saturday. I have to have a little 8.5 x 11 flyer for an acrylic standup at the signup table. There will be a couple other readers, and some folks offering other modalities. I'm just doing the Tarot. I do sound healing with Native American Flutes as well, but not there. Not yet. Usually, when I'm not the reader, I play NAF's for ambience on Psychic Fair days! I hope one day soon they'll have me do some of the auric envelope/chakra work there. One step at a time!

I will certainly report back on the experience. Their barista was telling me that since they've moved the fair to Saturday it's been absolutely JAMMED with people. THey have a real nice facility with a bookstore, coffee shop, private offices for healers and psychics in the back, and workshop space as well.

http://www.isisbooks.com/

Anyway I have to go over and get my little "poster" printed out...I don't have a color printer...so I'm off the the print shop soon.

I'll check in on Saturday night, Sunday, Monday, somewhere in there....

see ya!

Grizabella

I'm SOOOOO happy to hear this, Mallah! I'll be sending you prayers and good energy and I know you'll do wonderfully well! Please come back and tell us all about it. I'm very, very glad you're being true to yourself and doing the things that are most important to you FOR you! Do what you love and the money will come is what I've heard and I think you're proving it to be true. It just couldn't happen to a better person!

EllieP

Just to wish you well, Mallah. You did the right thing leaving if it wasn't working out and it's great to hear you're "on" on Saturday, doing what your heart is in.

Mallah

BTW, If anyone wants to see the Major Arcana I've designed, (I'm in the final stretch, it should be done in a few weeks...then on to the minors) you can go here:

http://s1132.photobucket.com/albums/m566/lumpy5/

if you'd like to participate in comments during it's creation, I have a thread running in Tarot Deck Creation; http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=171257

I'm currently working on the Tower card, and will be posting it before the end of the week!

This is all work I've done in the past year...most of it since Jan 15!

Again, thanks for the support.
Mallah

BlueDragonfly

Best of the Best wishes for your appearance tomorrow, Mallah! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to your reports of successful readings and experiences!

Mallah

The report

Wow. I'm feeling a little toasted. Today was wonderful.

I set out with a spring in my step...because, well...it's spring, and it's my rebirth day (well, techinically I'm calling tomorrow my rebirth day. April Fool's day. I stopped for a McMuffin on my way across town, and was feeling so blessed, because exactly a year ago for breakfast I had to pick thru dumpsters in back of supermarkets. I've come a long way folks, and let me tell you, I celebrate over every wee little sprout, every sign of growth in my life, and let me tell you, the universe pays off in spades...because I set my intentions for all of it, and left room for the "unexpected blessings" too...and got REAL excited over them...

So I had a warm meal in my tummy...and yeah, Mikky D's may not be the most healthy place to go...but I can remember walking by and NOT being able to go in and warm up and get somthing nice to eat, so I AIN"T COMPLAININ' none. I've been counting my blessings all day...all year....thinking how far I've come on the recovery from financial, emotional disaster.

So anyway...I stopped on the way across town to get a clear acrylic/lucite (Weren't the Lucites the followers of Lucy?) stand/frame for my little poster/flyer that told about me and the kinds of readings I do.

I got into the bookshop early, before opening, to set up my little tablecloth (I found it at the thift store last fall when I was doing the street mall readings...one dollah...it's quite pretty. And my little quartz sphere. They give you a "chit" to keep track of your sitters, and how much time they spend with you...it's their way of calculating their "cut". They get 25%. THey charge by the minute...and I won't mention what the minute charge is, as that might not be considered professional...but I will say it's WELL over $1 a minute. And I read solid for 7 hours, so you can do the math. ChaCHING. I had maybe 5 to 10 minutes between sitters.

There was no pre-set time limit...I just went untill we reached the end, and most readings took around an hour. One went to an hour and 15. So i really only had about 6 sitters, but we did some real in-depth readings.

Most of the readings were done with my "pips" deck...the Courtney Davis Celtic. There was one with the Deviant Moon, and one with the Morgan Greer. In some cases I made up spreads on the spot, based on what kind of information the person said they wanted. In two cases, when they wanted a general reading, I did a celtic cross. I haven't done a CC in quite some time. Don't know why that one came up, but it did. I forget how long those run for me. i can spend a good hour to 1/2 hours on a CC.

Funny, when I read at halloween parties, or on "the mall" in Boulder, I only go for 10 to 15 minutes....5 cards max, probably.

You know, in this situation, I would have made the same amount of money from twice as many sitters, as I made from these 6...a minute is a minute, and there were other readers there doing shorter ones.

No one seemed offput or perplexed that their reading was taking "too long"...and everyone got so engrossed in what we were doing that we hardly noticed that an hour had passed.

I seemed to get the readings "spot on" in each case...everyone said I made total sense. I did a lot of readings where I was just talking and had no idea what I was referring to, but they sure did. That's always a funny one to me. There's a passage in the bible that says the "Spirits of the prophets longed to look into the things of which they spoke..." In other words, Isaiah and Ezekiel didn't know what the hell they were talking about either! LOL. (not that I'm one of them, mind you...I'm not even little Obadiah...maybe Obi-wan-bidiah...)

There was an interesting point about 4 cards into a CC where I felt both of us sort of sag...like focus and energy was bottoming out...this is going too long for this person, I said to myself...and I picked up the pace. Thankfully, that seemed to rescue the energy and we were able to complete the reading.

My voice started giving out some way thru. Long ago I took voice lessons because I'm a performer and had to fill auditoriums with my voice unamplified to the back wall. Little did I think it would ever be a problem having my voice reach across the table to another single individual four feet away!

I know there will be further opportunities to read there for them. I will consider saying to people that I'm not used to working on a clock, and if they prefer to set a time limit, I'll do a reading that works within that limit. Like i say, no one seemed unhappy about it, but several people payed close to a hundred bucks for my readings today.

If I had gone shorter, I'd have still made the same money, and each client would have paid less...it wasn't out of trying to milk the clock, we were just absorbed in the reading.

Anyhow, I made them happy, it seems.

There were about 5 or 6 other readers. Some did tarot, palm, psychometry, astrology, etc.

There is a group that comes in and does Aura photography as well.

As a side note another thing I saw there today, I had no Idea...the Oswald Wirth has been re-released by US Games. I might just have to pick one of those up!

In all it went really well, and I'm quite mentally toasted.

Next month I'll probably be back playing my Native American Flutes...I think they work their readers in a rotation, but I'm not sure about that. Maybe I'll continue reading there. I know this is not the end....

Mallah.
Thanks for your support and kind words leading up to this.

Grizabella

Wow. I'm feeling a little toasted. Today was wonderful.

I set out with a spring in my step...because, well...it's spring, and it's my rebirth day (well, techinically I'm calling tomorrow my rebirth day. April Fool's day. I stopped for a McMuffin on my way across town, and was feeling so blessed, because exactly a year ago for breakfast I had to pick thru dumpsters in back of supermarkets. I've come a long way folks, and let me tell you, I celebrate over every wee little sprout, every sign of growth in my life, and let me tell you, the universe pays off in spades...because I set my intentions for all of it, and left room for the "unexpected blessings" too...and got REAL excited over them...

So I had a warm meal in my tummy...and yeah, Mikky D's may not be the most healthy place to go...but I can remember walking by and NOT being able to go in and warm up and get somthing nice to eat, so I AIN"T COMPLAININ' none. I've been counting my blessings all day...all year....thinking how far I've come on the recovery from financial, emotional disaster.

This passage takes me back. Also made me want to give you a big hug. : :heart: I've sure been where you've been and vice versa. Bless you!

I'm sure glad your readings went so well and the day was so successful for you. I wish you much, much more success in the future, Mallah. Nobody could deserve it more. :) Thank you for coming back to share it with us.

zannamarie

Glad the day went so well for you. Best wishes on it leading to more work for you. :)