The Date Approach...eth

Padma

oh man. Mallah, I so hear you. Just turned 50 and I can already feel the "it's my turn!" vibes :)

See, you told the Universe what was going to happen, and it did! You rocked it and you aced it! Way to GO! I wish you the absolute *best* of luck in ALL your endeavors :) Yay! Ride the Rave...you know how it is with the Wheel of Fortune - so, enjoy your turn on the top! Ain't the view fine! lol :)

Est

That's really great to hear, Mallah :) So pleased for you!

EllieP

Really pleased for you, Mallah. I found it interesting about the long readings. It hadn't really occurred to me, mostly because I would have imagined a queue egtting tired of waiting! I just hope their frozen food wasn't melting round your feet ;) I guess not setting a time limit, or at least consulting with the sitter part way, is a good way to manage the varying lengths a reading takes. I'm fascinated. Not that I ever intend sitting in a shop reading... Well done, though. Way to go!

Disa

What wonderful news! Everything seems to have worked out perfectly. I'm so glad you shared this story. Isn't it cool that you were ready for it when it all happened? The timing of the Universe amazes me sometimes. Good luck with your next project, too :)

Mystics

I'm glad it worked out well for you. I know what it's like to hit the lows and then to rediscover good fortune. I'm happy you are out of the dumpster and into the light. The cards have given me a new career and one that I feel will take me on a journey for the next 20 years. It's a blessing to do something that doesn't finish when you turn 30 and something that gives you value when you are over 40. It rewards you for your life lessons instead of punishing you for no longer being youthful.

divinerofcards

Mallah! I'm so happy that you had a wonderful day and thanks for your story. It warms my heart and I wish you many more great experiences with that venue and others :)

Mallah

Hi everyone! I just found y'alls posts...for some reason, my AT notifications were all of a sudden going in my SPAM filter. Weird. Just the past few days... I don't know what changed, but something did somewhere. Hopefully I have it fixed now.

I'm excited about what I can make out of this opportunity I had. You know, "looks good on the ol' resume"....that i can say I'm a reader there will lend credibility with other venues. Still looking for the good ol coffee shop where I can just park it and read on my days off.

I have found that what we have called guerrilla tactics don't work for me. Maybe that's my negative affirmation right there; but I haven't had that attitude about it. I've been real open and positive, taken cards to a coffee shop and messed with them for hours. I've done this NUMEROUS times, in different shops. I've never had anyone approach me. I'm not unpleasant looking, I'm friendly...so I don't think I have a weird vibe that repels people...but anyway, it just hasn't worked out for me to sit and pick up readings this way.

There was one time, where I went to a coffee house here in town that regulary has readers. I had been there about 20 minutes and hadne't pulled out my cards yet. A guy was at the counter and I overheard him say to the Barista "do you have any readers here today?" She said no, it was usually by appointment, and there were certain days/times. After he got his coffee, I got his attention, told him I'd overheard, and told him I read. He looked skeptical. So I pulled out my business card..."Mallah, Tarot Readings, seeds of your future planted in your now..." well then he knew I was for real. This was one of those universal serindipity things.... i ended up reading for him...again for about an hour. I took a donation from him. So THAT worked out. But just to have someone approach out of interest because they saw me dinking with the cards? No. That doesn't mean i'll give up. I have certain shops where I like to go, and it's no big deal to take my cards and pull them out.

Here's another thing that happend. I mentioned here, I think that I have a new job. It's in a local Grocery Store. It started in the deli, but because of some in-store politics, shortly after I came in, another guy came back to the departement with lots of seniority...no one was expecting this, and most of us lost a lot of hours. And who was now the extra man in the department? Me. So they moved me over...get this...to the in store coffee shop. I'm a barista now. Or a Barista in training.

Many of you have heard me lament the lack of "groovy" coffee shops in this part of town. I have to drive 30 minutes to get into a part of town where there are good coffee shops. Well, this is no different. It's in a grocery store, for goshsakes...but it's WAY more laid back than working in the deli. And the women I'm working with have connections in other coffee shops, many of them groovy, in other parts of town. They do this on the sly...it'd be a "conflict of interest" if the big supermarket chain we are working for ever found out...but one of them is interested in Tarot, has some cards, reads for herself, and is going to talk to the owners of her other gig to see if they might be interested in getting me in there as a reader. Another example of drawing/attracting the right people....

Well, and who knows what will come of being a barista, if I really learn my coffee? Little things can open big doors in unexpected ways. You find contacts where you don't expect them. I opened this note saying I was excited to see what I could make of this opportunity I've just had. What I'm most excited about is what the UNIVERSE can make, on work I HAVENT done. The things that just land in my lap.

I seem to take a little step, and the UNIVERSE reciprocates with a big one. In these cases (and I see it over and over) the reaction is not EQUAL...it's bigger. Perhaps, somewhere up on the planes at a higher level, the LITTLE step i take is actually a big step. But I'm excited about it nonetheless, and I try to recognize it, and as I've said, celebrate over it muchly...it's all part of the process.

Carla

Well done, Mallah!!

BlueDragonfly

:thumbsup: I'm glad to hear/read that things are going so well! Keep it up! :)

tarotbear

Dear Hal ~

:party: I am ever so happy that this opportunity worked out so well for you and wish you all the good luck I can for your future endeavors! :party:

"Come out of the dumpster into the light" - I like that!