the Devil

nicejade

Hi all!

The devil keeps coming up in readings (my own and from others) about a guy and I and whether he will come back. I hope this is the right section for this question, because I'm discussing one card I thought here but this is about readings (although not just one reading and not all mine) I thought it might be your readings. Sorry if I'm wrong.

I was thinking that the devil could mean that he doesn't want to let me go. I've also had that he might be obsessively thinking about me. He finds me toxic and wants to stay away from me. I'm being obsessive. I've even considered that the card could just mean stop asking questions on this! (is there a card that means that?) <--- separate question but I'm curious.

At one point when asked just the specific question will he come back the answer was just the devil. How would you think that is meant?

LeFou

At one point when asked just the specific question will he come back the answer was just the devil. How would you think that is meant?

Personally, I might wonder if the relationship is unhealthy.

He finds me toxic and wants to stay away from me.

Do you feel that the relationship is toxic? Or aspects of it are toxic?

Tanga

Hi all!

The devil keeps coming up in readings (my own and from others) about a guy and I and whether he will come back...
I was thinking that the devil could mean that he doesn't want to let me go.

Sounds to me like that might be what you'd like it to mean - seeing as he's not there and you're repeatedly asking "will he come back" :)
Same with the "obsessively thinking about me" bit. A reflection of you?
Are you harrying the question like a dog with a bone, and if so - why have you not let go?
What do you fear?

The Devil is a complicated answer for "Will he..." - and as you know - a heavy one.
Could be it's possible - but under what circumstances within your relationship?
Could be maybe not - as he's now otherwise entwined elsewhere.

SwordOfTruth

The devil is about frustrations and addictions mostly in a very general sense. I often get the Devil card and also see the number 666 on various items in my environment when I am facing a temporary frustration to my goals. But also I get the devil card when something about a situation just isn't in my best interests. How do i know the difference? If I get The Devil repeatedly over a time span (like several days) then it's a situation I am better off without entirely. If it clears out of the reading very quickly by only appearing once and then the cards turn to other matters it's a temporary glitch.

So as an answer to your specific question I would interpret it this way.

It doesn't matter if he comes back or not, he's just not a good influence in your life. You should be working on letting go of the connection if you want to be free and happy. I say this because you said it keeps reappearing for you.

PAMUYA

The Devil could mean he only wants you back for sex, to feed his need. If you are looking for love, this wouldn't be the card I would look for. Friends with benefits.

Lucas Prince of Cats

It could say that you're over-attatched.

nicejade

First of all, I just want to thank all of your for you interpretations!

Personally, I might wonder if the relationship is unhealthy.
Do you feel that the relationship is toxic? Or aspects of it are toxic?
Well we're broken up. The relationship was definitely not toxic but we were having some miscommunication issues that I know understand was more anxiety based. I thought we are actually healthy for each other aside from that. I will say that the miscommunication I think was making us both feel bad because neither of us knew how to fix it. Now that there is distance I fully understand where things very innocently went wrong on both of our ends.

Sounds to me like that might be what you'd like it to mean - seeing as he's not there and you're repeatedly asking "will he come back" :)
Same with the "obsessively thinking about me" bit. A reflection of you?
Are you harrying the question like a dog with a bone, and if so - why have you not let go?
What do you fear?

The Devil is a complicated answer for "Will he..." - and as you know - a heavy one.
Could be it's possible - but under what circumstances within your relationship?
Could be maybe not - as he's now otherwise entwined elsewhere.

I'd like to think that he still wants me. I am being totally obsessive with this because of the abruptness of the way it ended and the fact that I really truly think we could have something special. That is a very uncommon thing for me to say. I thought we could have such positive influences on each other and he has a personality I've been looking for for . . . well I don't even know how long. So I'm afraid that he will be stubborn and not come back OR come back when I've put up a wall that won't let him in again due to the pain. I don't think he is with anyone else. He is potentially dating but definitely not in a relationship yet.

The devil is about frustrations and addictions mostly in a very general sense. I often get the Devil card and also see the number 666 on various items in my environment when I am facing a temporary frustration to my goals. But also I get the devil card when something about a situation just isn't in my best interests. How do i know the difference? If I get The Devil repeatedly over a time span (like several days) then it's a situation I am better off without entirely. If it clears out of the reading very quickly by only appearing once and then the cards turn to other matters it's a temporary glitch.

So as an answer to your specific question I would interpret it this way.

It doesn't matter if he comes back or not, he's just not a good influence in your life. You should be working on letting go of the connection if you want to be free and happy. I say this because you said it keeps reappearing for you.
This is probably right. I think he is a goof influence for me if we were still together but since we aren't and I'm in so much pain over it, me holding on has been a painful burden. I want to be healed and happy but like I said above and I guess so much the devil, I don't want to let go.

The Devil could mean he only wants you back for sex, to feed his need. If you are looking for love, this wouldn't be the card I would look for. Friends with benefits.
Just knowing him I don't think so. It took him nearly 3 weeks of dating to finally kiss me (because I asked him). I think he is a sexual person once he's comfortable but I can't see him doing this. I can see it in general how that card would mean that though.

It could say that you're over-attatched.
Yes just as what was stated above, that makes sense.

Thanks again all. Greatly appreciated.

vulpixel

To me this comes across as the fact that you're the one who's desire to have him back is bordering on the obsessive and toxic spectrum and maybe he is the vice that you need to distance yourself from. To me, it seems as though you are putting a lot of your time and effort into wondering and hoping that this person is coming back into your life, not least highlighted by the fact you have done and are getting numerous readings to that effect, and perhaps you need to really move on from that person and that relationship and put your desires, hopes and dreams into things that are more positive for yourself.

That's how I'm interpreting the Devil card showing up here. I'm getting a very strong feeling that you need to look inside yourself and think if your desire to get this person back in your life is becoming toxic.

Hope that helps, or at least gave you something to think about ^_^

nicejade

To me this comes across as the fact that you're the one who's desire to have him back is bordering on the obsessive and toxic spectrum and maybe he is the vice that you need to distance yourself from. To me, it seems as though you are putting a lot of your time and effort into wondering and hoping that this person is coming back into your life, not least highlighted by the fact you have done and are getting numerous readings to that effect, and perhaps you need to really move on from that person and that relationship and put your desires, hopes and dreams into things that are more positive for yourself.

That's how I'm interpreting the Devil card showing up here. I'm getting a very strong feeling that you need to look inside yourself and think if your desire to get this person back in your life is becoming toxic.

Hope that helps, or at least gave you something to think about ^_^

I can definitely agree with you. I was confused of that being the case when it is supposed to be a reading about him and how he feels about me but it has come up in other readings. Actually it hasn't lately (tells you how much Ive read huh?) but it came up more before we officially ended. Now his most popular care is the 9 of swords.

Anyway. I get a lot of push to let go. I do think it is hampering my life negatively although it has helped me learn somethings about myself. Anyway I know I need to let go and move on. Even if he were to come back, I'm not in a healthy place. It's just hard for me to take that plunge and keep it. I keep saying I'll stop but it's hard. I will say I am improving though so I'm getting closer to letting go.

Thank you

Kdevi

I think the card is telling you to stop asking the same question over and over.

In terms of letting go of your ex, maybe it's telling you to let go of the pain and to stop ruminating.

My advice is yet to use this experience to learn to let go without shutting down - forgive yourself and him for being unskilled in communication and learn how to improve.

Then, regardless of if it's him older, or someone new, you will be open to a connection.