"The direct descendant" of the Thoth?

smw

Well yes sure - There is No God But Man. So that *him* is YOU. You are the King and you are the tetractys and you are the vessel through which Ra Hoor Khut will manifest. I told you that we have a very clear objective here, it amounts to nothing less than the raising of the Foundation of Man, something which did not start with Aleister Crowley and did not end with him. Is every Man and every Woman a star or not?

Thank you for the reply.

I'm probably confusing myself, as I am not sure whether 'there is No God But Man' could mean there is no God(s) at all, just man reaching full potential, or there is no external God, as God is within man (internal). if it is the latter, then for me 'as above as below, outside and within, suggests one reflecting or paralleling the other would pre-suppose the existence of both. I guess it is a depends on your perspective thing....

I didn't know the tetractys was related to Pythagoras, who apparently from one source did call this God. (I seem to recall from somewhere that Jehovah is considered the Demi-urge, not as far up the Tree of Life as the one and unaware of that).

Dacier, in his notes on these Commentaries and on this particular passage, remarks that "Pythagoras, having learned in Egypt the name of the true God, the Mysterious and Ineffable Name Jehovah, and finding that in the original tongue it was composed of four letters, translated it into his own language by the word tetractys, and gave the true explanation of it, saying that it properly signified the source of nature that perpetually rolls along."

http://www.masonicdictionary.com/tetractys.html

or interestingly, here from your site, the Pythagorean Tectractys referred to as the Secret Chiefs, which as I understand (maybe incorrectly) was also a term used by the Golden Dawn as validation of the Order receiving authentic transmissions from spirit to the lower orders.

Abrahadbrainstitute said:
the Pythagorean Tetractys with its ten component parts spanning the entire structure from top to bottom. These are displayed in Figure 2 as lightly shaded triangles. When I first noticed this I coined them *the Secret Chiefs* as they appeared to me to be like guardian chieftains standing over the greater tribe of equilateral triangles. I even use the term *Pythagoras’s Revenge* on occasion referencing the return of *Logos* – a very important concept in Pythagorean thought since this symbol was heralded as supreme among all others and was called the *manifestation of God on Earth* according to the great perfection the Pythagoreans read into its symbolism.

Naomi Ningishzidda

Thank you for the reply.

I'm probably confusing myself, as I am not sure whether 'there is No God But Man' could mean there is no God(s) at all, just man reaching full potential, or there is no external God, as God is within man (internal). if it is the latter, then for me 'as above as below, outside and within, suggests one reflecting or paralleling the other would pre-suppose the existence of both. I guess it is a depends on your perspective thing....

I didn't know the tetractys was related to Pythagoras, who apparently from one source did call this God. (I seem to recall from somewhere that Jehovah is considered the Demi-urge, not as far up the Tree of Life as the one and unaware of that).

http://www.masonicdictionary.com/tetractys.html

or interestingly, here from your site, the Pythagorean Tectractys referred to as the Secret Chiefs, which as I understand (maybe incorrectly) was also a term used by the Golden Dawn as validation of the Order receiving authentic transmissions from spirit to the lower orders.

In my opinion you are correct "For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union."

It's a bit foolish (Sagan called it "stupid") to say "There is no God" as the concept has been with us for millenia - the concept IS something real. The idea that God has somehow divided into countless bits (not "Dead" as Nietzsche put it) and very much alive and well in those countless bits then we have a God who has done his job, blown his load so to speak and the other feminine aspect of God aka Nuit has recieved this and now it's up to us to attend to completion in another form. Beyond God we have the Tao or Ain Soph Aur if you prefer, something unlike the concept of *God* but still included in some discussions about the subject.

Pythagoras referred to the tetractys as "the manifestation of God on Earth"

The Secret Chiefs is possibly from the Golden Dawn, but I know it is used to refer to the A.'.A.'. by Crowley. m1thr0s uses it to refer to the 10 chambers of the Tetractys within the Abrahadabra Grid. They're easy to miss if you are just looking at the plain grid.

These are in Mutational Alchemy terms, mirrors of the viewer, they are reflecting back at you aspects of yourself that are hidden from your sight.

It is the same in Kabbala. The left side of the tree as viewed is YOUR left according to traditional Kabbala - proof it is a mirror, not merely a template. (ref Tree of Life, Isaac Luria) You are not just looking at the Tree, you ARE the tree, or more accurately it is a part of you. It is the body of the Adam Kadmon, (Sefer Yetzirah) the perfect template upon which Man is based and expected to grow into by G*d as they would say.

More importantly (and this is only in Mutational Alchemy not traditional Kabbala or anywhere else) we believe Man is the Star also, illustrated by the Abrahadabra Grid. In the traditional Kabbala, God created Adam Kadmon in his image - the Adam Kadmon is a blueprint for shoes we are fully capable of growing into. Man is not THE Adam Kadmon however, it is a mistake to assume that, just as the house is not the blueprint.

I know this through shamanistic/tantric practice and experimentation, I cannot PROVE it except by showing you the proofs and letting others lead themselves to their own conclusions through traditional shamanistic/tantric practice.

mithros

there is no god but man...

to say there is no god but man is NOT to say there is no god at all, rather, it confines the notion of god to human consciousness. we could say the same of war or perhaps hundreds (thousands?) of other things. even Hadit from the Book of the Law who otherwise conforms to most definitions of god says of himself: there is no god where I am. This places us on a precarious footing indeed since if the sum of god is ourselves then all those things reserved possible only to god are more correctly our own domain. So I am quick to add: if true, this is NOT a good report. Human beings bear very little resemblance to god even at their best. Yet I am inclined to believe it to be true. Nature bears it out as does science, insofar as it is able to weigh in. But all I wish to assert right now is that it is not an atheistic assertion so much as a predictive one and if it is true then we have our work cut out for us in no small way. To begin with, we need to stop waiting on some sort of messiah and sort out how to redeem ourselves. I believe that this is where stars enters into the discussion. It is highly unlikely that we will ever sort out god but we MIGHT sort out stars if we get very very lucky. We should expect that luck to run 99.99% sheer determination, or Will.

Aeon418

even Hadit from the Book of the Law who otherwise conforms to most definitions of god says of himself: there is no god where I am.

Kether is lonely. Or as Crowley said, "Allah's the atheist! he owns no Allah."

mithros

Kether is lonely. Or as Crowley said, "Allah's the atheist! he owns no Allah."
hey Aeon418...I like your nick! But have you physically experienced Kether yourself? I ask because my experience of it was anything but lonely. A little sad for some reason but extremely busy and heavily attended to by countless billions of sentient beings. I realize you were probably just making a point but upon reflection I couldn't help but pause at the apparent contradiction.

ravenest

Capricornus: " So, all is over. I admit
Futility the lord of will.
Life was an episode for me,
As for the meanest monad, knit
To man by mightier bonds than skill
Of subtle-souled psychology
May sever. Aim in chaos? None.
The soul rolls senseless as the sun.
[All are driven back up to altar.]

"There is no God ! "

MARS [leaps up and goes to altar with uplifted sword].

I. " Silence! .... [a pause].......

There is no God

--but God! "

[ARIES and PROBATIONERS dance a war dance. ]

- The Rite of Mars .

mithros

Tat Tvam Asi
indeed, and yet 5000 years or more of Hinduism have failed to show us how to harness this truth. I cannot be the only one who has tired of great pronouncements that lead us nowhere .

Zephyros

Moderator Note:

This thread is beginning to lose its focus.Please discuss the deck itself; other matters like God or Buddhism (unless shown to be specifically relevant to the MAT) are best discussed in the Spirituality forum that is for subscribers only. Also, keep in mind that we have members of many different faiths here, and that some sensitivity is needed, whatever truth one subscribes to.

Thank you for your cooperation

Zephyros
Thoth Forum Moderator

smw

In my opinion you are correct "For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union."

Oh, thanks, I hadn’t thought of that in this way.

These are in Mutational Alchemy terms, mirrors of the viewer, they are reflecting back at you aspects of yourself that are hidden from your sight.

might this also be related to Crowley's reference to mirrors?
Crowley said:
the aura of a man is called the magical mirror of the universe”………..also that “the universe is a magical mirror of his aura”

It is the same in Kabbala. The left side of the tree as viewed is YOUR left according to traditional Kabbala - proof it is a mirror, not merely a template. (ref Tree of Life, Isaac Luria) You are not just looking at the Tree, you ARE the tree, or more accurately it is a part of you. It is the body of the Adam Kadmon, (Sefer Yetzirah) the perfect template upon which Man is based and expected to grow into by G*d as they would say.

I’m not familiar with the Luria Tree. Interesting, it seems to have an extra two paths from Geburah to Chokmah and from Chesed to Binah which creates a cross point at Da’ath. ( at least according to some diagrams I have seen on the net).

There seem to be differing views on how to reconcile this possible extra Sephira, which if included would make 11 instead of the perfect 10. Luria seems to have added Da’ath and started the Tree with Chockmah (1) instead of Kether. ( I guess it is a coincidence, I’m reminded of the significance of Abrahadabra with 11 letters).

wiki said:
The tradition of enumerating 10 is stated in the Sefer Yetzirah, "Ten sephirot of nothingness, ten and not nine, ten and not eleven". As altogether 11 sephirot are listed across the different schemes, two (Keter and Daat) are seen as unconscious and conscious manifestations of the same principle, conserving the ten categories.[citation needed......in the subsequent 16th-century transcendent Kabbalistic scheme of Isaac Luria (Lurianic Kabbalah), the Sephirot are usually listed slightly differently, by taking out Keter and adding in Daat, as Daat is seen as the conscious manifestation of the unconscious Keter.

I might wonder if Adam is represented differently in the tree's. Perhaps his head is at Da'ath/the Abyss in the Luria version and at Kether in the Kircher (rather catchy;) Crowley though does mention the Abyss being "the crown of the mind" (reflection of Kether) and the division of the Unity of the three above from all manifest reason. Apparently, it has no number and is confusion.