The DUH! Awards

celeste

well everybody starts out female. It's after a certain number of weeks (can't remember from biology class) that the fetus differentiates into either a male or stays female depending on the chromosomes present.

So, I guess that would make all of us intersexed at one point. You can't go wrong with that prediction.

lark

celeste said:
All of your posts had me giggleing! They sure lightened my mood by putting my frustrations into perspective. I guess there are many nominees for the coveted DUH!

lark: For the death question you should have answered "only one" and looked at the querent with a serious expression and then gathered up the cards and solemly refused to read any more for them.
Well...when I got to the nitty gritty of it she was hoping her mother in law would kick off...
I told her to go out and buy a red dress and forget about it.

celeste

Yipes! Nice daughter in law....

lark

Yup, you sure do meet all kinds don't you?
Some days I don't think I could do this with out my trusty sense of humor. :laugh:

April

Here's two of my favorite's. Fortunately for them both these were over the phone so I couldn't reach over the table and smack them. I will abridge them in the interest of interestingness.

Scene 1:
Her: Can you tell me my ex-boyfriend and I will get back together.
Me: This one's most likely over.
Her: I haven't heard from him in awhile. Do think we can still be friends?
Me: How long is "awhile"?
Her: Eight years.
Me: Then I think you already know the answer, right?
Her: Yeah...Can you tell me about my relationship with my husband?

Moral: If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with. Then again, maybe some people should learn how to be alone.

Scene 2:
Him: My girlfriend can't have kids.
Me: ...(waiting for the question)...Okay?
Him: I want to have kids but she can't.
Me: I'm sorry, what exactly are you asking me?
Him: She can't have kids so I'm going to have one with someone else. (As you can see, this is a declaration of intent and not a question.)

This guy wanted me to tell him to go ahead and cheat on his girlfriend. God, I hope she has some good friends that helped her to see what a jerk he is.

Peace,
April

firemaiden

Well, I don't read enough in person with people to tell you if there have ever been "duh" moments, but the tarot sure has said "duh" to me personally many times by repeating the question back to me, in a reduncancy. It's one of my favorite things -- when I ask questions like "What is hidden?... The Moon.. Duh.. what is hidden is what is hidden.

How can I get more strength? XI-Strength... DUHHH. by getting more strength...

That sort of thing.

TarotGirlJess

duh moments?

LOL constantly. my favorite was on halloween my step mom had an interesting expierience with a spirit. so she asked me to do a reading to find out who it was around her. I pulled the first card and was basicly told it wasn't my buisness. lol
I finished the spread and pulled a clarifier which gave me enough information to set mom on the track to figure out who it was. I laughed my butt off at the first card though. talk about being put in my place. when i passed it along to mom she giggled and knew who it was as the person was the same way in life.

another was I had a refrence i was trying to figure out. so i did a reading on it. my question was what does 'said refrence' mean?
my answer was the hanged man (read YOU figure it out! it's yours).

ditto with a different refrence. "why do i keep seeing XXXX around me"
answer? cause you aren't getting it.

Citrin

I read for a man in my boyfriend's family, and I guess tarot gave US a complete Duh! moment...

He asked me how to become rich in a fast way (wonderful question, no?). The cards were clear as crystal: Get a divorce and marry a rich woman!

That is a way no? ;) I don't know what kind of answer he expected actually...

lad

I'd give out this DUH award to a few people... a lot of them ask this before I read their cards; "Is it going to tell me I'm going to die?"
First of all that would be pointless, second, my super divination powers of doom say yes, you are going to die.

lad

Emeraldgirl

I have actually had someone sit down next to me and say "prove it" for if tarot works. That's about it. No really huge Duh moments yet but I'm sure there will be.