The Enchanted Map Oracle Cards

cardlady22

I'll have to wait to see them elsewhere. I don't do facebook.

GryffinSong

Aerin said:
Oh dear.

I was sort of hoping I'd hate them. They are gorgeous.

LOL! Agreed ... another one for my ever-lengthening wish list. I'm not normally fond of photographic or pointy-eared decks, but this one is truly stunning.

Libra8ca

I have the book "The Map" but haven't read it yet. It looks like I will have to get the cards to go along with the book. I also have Colette's other books and decks and like them.

SloughSister

dvorah ophir said:
you have to sign up to face book,SloughSister and then you can see all the cards there.
dvorah

Hmm, somehow I can see them now but not before - I stay logged in at FB but it must've been cranky the other day.

I like some of these - some are gorgeous - and others, not so much. Anyone else find the style or tone or flavor or something very inconsistent? They don't seem to mesh totally as a deck.

dvorah ophir

SloughSister said:
Hmm, somehow I can see them now but not before - I stay logged in at FB but it must've been cranky the other day.

I like some of these - some are gorgeous - and others, not so much. Anyone else find the style or tone or flavor or something very inconsistent? They don't seem to mesh totally as a deck.

to me they did look like they were made by the same artist so in that there is a consistancy.
the one thing that bothered me was that they were made more like another doreen virtue oracle deck if you lookd at the titles and less like her hidden realms.
i was expecting more places and maybe guides but less "Healing the Ouchies" like card and such. if you get what i mean.
there are 52 cards so we must see what the whole deck is like.
how is the booklet, and more.
have you noticed that more and more new age pcychic guides are publishing oracle cards- do you think it sells more then their books?
i know it costs more, but does it have a bigger market?
i am still dissapointed with most of them.
i think the hidden realm was better them many becouse it was made by the same artist and becouse her booklet and meaning system was original (helpers and chalegers) and good.
in this growing market soon only the best will be boght and so one has to invest more planing to the oracle and not just gather a colection of preety pictures and add some sweet meaning to it.
it has to actualy work, and work for all situations and variety of people.
i urge the makers to think and plan more before publishing the finished product.
we as the buyers want (and deserve) more qualety, not just quantity.
dvorah

Miss Divine

I absolutely love the images of these cards! I should be receiving the book (The Map) today.
I sure hope they won't be like Doreen Virtue deck, but I can't imagine that coming from Colette to be honest.
I've been trying to sell some of my DV decks but nobody wants them hahaha.
I'm not going to bash all of DV's decks, because some of them actually work well for me and others.

stargazer

Let us know what you think of the book .. I have it on my wish-list. :)

The new deck looks lovely BTW and thanks for sharing the pics.

Miss Divine

stargazer said:
Let us know what you think of the book .. I have it on my wish-list. :)

I did in fact receive the book today. I've read a bit so far and flipped through the pages and my first impression is that it's a very interesting book. Also a great self help book if you are going through big challenges in life. I think this is exactly what I need now!

dvorah ophir

you know, looking at the cards again and again i begin to like them less.
do tell us more about the book, Miss Divine
thanks
dvorah

Miss Divine

dvorah ophir said:
you know, looking at the cards again and again i begin to like them less.
do tell us more about the book, Miss Divine
thanks
dvorah

I've been so darn busy I haven't had time for any more reading. ~sigh~

What about the cards are you starting to dislike? I like her other decks and for me they've been quite accurate. If it's going to a a DV kinda deck I'll be very disappointed.