The Enchanted Map Oracle

DownUnderNZer

Has anyone got and used this deck at all by Collette Baron-Reid and would it be recommended as an oracle deck?

If you have any information on it and what you have come up with in your readings, well...that would be appreciated!

I have decided to buy: "Wisdom of the Hidden Realms" Oracle and was looking for one more and this caught my eye only there isnt that much for reviews that I can find for the CARDS themselves etc.

Also, what are the illustrations like as well as card meanings or descriptions on the cards.

Any insight would be appreciated as I just want one more oracle deck, but want it to be worth my time.

NOTE: Found some card pictures of this deck and also a thread on here to do with it as well and it seems some prefer the WISDOM of the HIDDEN REALMS.

So, are there any other deck recommendations...Earth Magic didnt resonate with me as I would have liked.... :(

SarahMaeDee

I have this deck. Yes, it is a beautiful deck, but due to the gilt edges, it's almost impossible to shuffle.

Le Fanu

How do gilt edges make a deck impossible to shuffle?

SarahMaeDee

I have no idea, but for some reason the cards are really thick. Maybe it's more that than the edges, but either way they're difficult to shuffle.

Miss Divine

I think they shuffle quite nicely. I can even riffle them!

Le Fanu

I thought the best thing about this deck was the edges of the cards.

SarahMaeDee

Aww...Now I'm slightly disappointed. Did I get a dud?

Cerulean

I think this is a great deck to mix with others...

..as the characters and scenes are mystical, so it blends well with pretty modern decks with mystical characters...I think if you have the Shadowscapes, Shapeshifter or other deck with mystical imagery, it works well as a beautiful background to your reading and adds some very nice cards to the reading.

She has a very nice original book called "The Map" which gives a good idea of the themes and ideas behind the deck, although it's not necessary.

I picked up the deck and book last week as a break from all the study decks and found the images and subsequent mixed readings delightful to think about.

It may not be strictly a tarot, but I think the author does think about the 'wisdom character' and questions/ideas of each card.

Hope you enjoy the deck and experiment with it. I don't usually keep modern oracle decks, as I'm more historically minded, but I think this is a very nice example that I would keep of 'mystical' modern oracle decks for relaxation and kindly contemplation.

Best wishes

Cerulean

P.S. The golden edges add sparkle, but to me do not detract from the thoughtful images and themes behind the characters.

rylla

I never noticed the golden edges!!!!! thanks for bringing to my atention :)

BTW, i haven't used it yet, just looked through it and the book, it seems quite 'user friendly' and overall I had a good impression about it

DownUnderNZer

..as the characters and scenes are mystical, so it blends well with pretty modern decks with mystical characters...I think if you have the Shadowscapes, Shapeshifter or other deck with mystical imagery, it works well as a beautiful background to your reading and adds some very nice cards to the reading.

She has a very nice original book called "The Map" which gives a good idea of the themes and ideas behind the deck, although it's not necessary.

I picked up the deck and book last week as a break from all the study decks and found the images and subsequent mixed readings delightful to think about.

It may not be strictly a tarot, but I think the author does think about the 'wisdom character' and questions/ideas of each card.

Hope you enjoy the deck and experiment with it. I don't usually keep modern oracle decks, as I'm more historically minded, but I think this is a very nice example that I would keep of 'mystical' modern oracle decks for relaxation and kindly contemplation.

Best wishes

Cerulean

P.S. The golden edges add sparkle, but to me do not detract from the thoughtful images and themes behind the characters.

Thanks for your thoughts on this deck and how you have found it to be with your other decks.
Didnt realise there are loads of oracle decks out there which makes it difficult to choose. I have decided to go with the WISDOM OF THE HIDDEN REALMS for now....so at least that is a start.