The first silver that crossed my palm...

Sulis

Congratulations Firemaiden and thanks for sharing with us.

As Alissa has already said - the world needs your light :)

Me, I'm still a virgin with regards to reading live for money...

Hopefully my 'first time' will be as good as yours :)

kwaw

It was a beginning for me, but to explain how I need to go back a few years, to another beginning in March of 1978...

tmgrl2

Oh, kwaw! What a beautiful story...thank you so much for sharing it.....

I don't ascribe to the "Fool's Journey," but the picture of you down on your luck, between boundaries, traveling who knows where to find yourself, and home and hearth...and then, for Tarot, to bring you toward the next steps.

How wonderful!

terri

firemaiden

Oh my God, Kwaw
I'm speechless. Gulp.
Thank you for this gift of your story.
(((Kwaw)))

MercyMe

I'm still reeling that your parents kicked you out. :(

What a story, kwaw. The most amazing people read tarot.

firemaiden said:
I have the feeling it mattered very little whether what I said was accurate or relevant: it was not the content, but the mere fact of reading, the mere fact of sitting there with her, and inquiring of fortune together, that was in itself a healing act.

Yes! Beautifully said.

nisaba

firemaiden said:
But anyway, there we go, I am no longer a virgin. :D
Nice story.

firemaiden said:
Anyone else want to tell how they lost their virginity?
Ouff, a long time ago.

I was in business for myself, and one of my clients came in with a dilemma that had nothing to do with what I was doing for money at the time. So we went to lunch and talked, then back to my place, my having said over lunch I had a Tarot deck back there.

When the Two Pentacles turned up I didn't see anything much, but she saw the whole room light up in different colours and her dead father turn up as a much younger man than she'd ever known, dancing all over the room.

She was happy.

She paid me, without prompting.

Again, watershed moment.

ETA: <sob> I missed Kwaw's story. Still, that's his choice. Sometimes these things are personal.

MissJo

Wonderful story.
It sounds like you really made her day :)