The Hanged Bear

tarotbear

- I am not sure if this is the correct section for this, but the mods will move it if not. - TB

In another section of the forum is a 'sticky note' for Life cards and Year cards, so if you are unsure about what the process I am discussing is, please check there.

++++++

As we all know our life is built on cycles, and periodically those cycles change. We also are aware that 'a year' is fluid and can start or end at any time regardless of what page is flipped up on the calendar. I am in the "Year of the Hanged Man" and it started early. For this discussion my cycles have been:

1992 - Justice ...1993 - Empress .........1994 - Emperor
2001 - Justice ...2002 - Hanged Man ...2003 - Emperor
2010 - Justice ...2011 - Hanged Man ...2012 - Death

In my 2002 Hanged Man cycle, I wrote my manuscript and it was published in my Emperor year - the card of male power.

Approximately a year ago this Halloween week. I found out I had 60 days to meet the company's demands or face termination. 60 days is @ Christmas, and the first work day after Christmas 2010 I was terminated. Nice company, huh? No waiting around until May 2011 - my Hanged Man year was already cycling up.

I applied for unemployment the following day, and soon after New Years I realized my husband's mental illness {he is bi-polar} was starting to affect things and it took until February to convince him to admit himself and be treated for depression. To make a long story short, IMHO, whatever meds he was given to fight his depression kicked him into the stratosphere, and in April he became another person. In May, which should have been the 'start' of my Hanged Man year things became so bad that I moved out of the house for two weeks. When I returned, I knew things were going to get even worse. I knew divorce was in my future and it was discussed. One night, he came in my room and asked me how soon I could be packed up and leave. The next day, I started to pack. That weekend it all came to a head, and the upshot is that I found out what real handcuffs feel like, and got to see parts of the police station the general public does not. I was able to pack a bunch of my stuff and moved in with a friend. My unemployment ran out and I had to apply for an extension of benefits in July.

Since then I have been looking for a job (I have to document that I applied for a minimum of three every week), and conducting business through my divorce lawyer. I have a trial in late November 2011, and the divorce is scheduled to be finalized in April 2012, if not sooner.

I am running out of unemployment; the divorce will cancel my health insurance, I still haven't found anyone who wants to hire me (white male, 56, with health issues, very few skills) and I cycle from the Hanged Man to the Death card! {I know - it probably only represents my divorce - but you can't help but notice!} So, I will move from a 'year' of stagnation into a 'year' of permanent and lasting change.

I also think I have worn out my welcome where I am staying, so it is time to move ... again.

From 'The Bearot':

Attachments

• bearot jpg 2.jpg
    bearot jpg 2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 139

GryffinSong

(((tarotbear)))

You're going through so much, and I feel your pain. Hugs to you, and I wish you strength on your journey.

ETA: I keep feeling very strongly that, in addition to your year card, you could CHOOSE a card to help you this year. And if I were in your shoes I'd choose the Strength card to walk beside you and help you stay strong and powerful and committed to positive change.

Cat*

(((tarotbear))) Best wishes to you - may you find what you need!

AJ

-

I also think I have worn out my welcome, and it is time to move ... again.

From 'The Bearot':

Oh Love, I hope you don't mean from here. Truly. Hang with us, upside down or right side up.
I do agree with Cat*, I don't let things be chosen for me, I choose my own way. If I believed in life cards, I'd choose one that uplifted me, helped me be a better person, helped me keep my face to the light. I wouldn't let a real or virtual calendar make choices for me. And certainly not ones that depressed, scared, or worried me.

(((tartobear)))

Glitterbird

(((((tarotbear)))))
Gracious what a rough time you've been going through.
May this be a better year for you, and may the year start now :)

RunningWild

Hang In There

You're not alone. I don't know anything about life or year cards, but I can relate. I spent five super intense months going through divorce, job loss, and foreclosure (and one of my dogs died not long after I had to move). And my UIE extension runs out in four weeks.

I'm not trying to compare or compete, I'm just saying you're not alone.

Amaterasu

I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a rough time :(
I hope things get better for you, and fast! I also agree with what the others have been saying. You can pick a card to guide you this year.

Stay strong tarotbear! :)

Alta

First tarotbear, you have my best wishes & that level of pain is not something I have fully experienced but have been divorced and have had lay-off notices twice, though was 'saved' both times.

I was interested in your Year comments and was inspired by them to look for parallels. My Hanged Man years were 1996 (not followed by a Death year) and 2005 which was followed by a Death year. In 1996 my husband and I split up and in 2005 I retired from my job after 35 years. 'Big event' years, to put it mildly, both proving very difficult for me.

hopena

Oh, how awful! :heart:

My last good year was a Hermit year, ironically - if I calculated it correctly.
Wheel of Fortune started early for me in early 2008, and I had some trouble staying balanced there.
Justice had me starting out 2009 pretty well - after starting the New Year crying for hours. It ended with me crying, too (depressed). We also lost a dog that february, that had us all depressed, and another dog had surgery on his paw.
Hanged Man year had me freaking out, because I have literally been stuck for years - the past three, only being able to get out on most weekends, and not during the week (although we could have walked around the neighbourhood). depression solidified, after several tower experiences, that continued into this Death year. My birthday last year was a nice one, but otherwise, I was on the lookout for answers to things that I'm still not getting (the spiritual work isn't working for me).

Last Summer (2010), we lost my grandmother and one of my cats. This January, we lost one of my dogs, August we lost my cousin, and August to September a virus swiped out our remaining cats. A relationship/friendship that had caused me such heartache definitely died, but the fallout still gets to me, because of the events and specific things that I don't talk about.

I'm going to look back and see if I can figure out which cards were in play for other years.

Genna

Dear Tarotbear

I am so happy to have found you again, but so sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Can´t you make readings for others untill you find out what to do? Maybe work at a hospital or hospice or give tarot-courses?
Happy Halloween!
Love, genna.